• Campbell
    • Conner
    • Dixie
    • Holmes
    • Newport
    • Ryle
    • Scott
    • Simon Kenton

It will be close in region but Ryle will finish higher at state with 2 state champs

Campbell could possibly have a couple of state champs in Fuller and Brown  :-o

State champions do not determine if you win a state tourney.  The wrestle backs are where the tournament is decided.  On very rare occasions do the number of champions determine who will be the state champion team will be.  I believe twice the state championship team did not have a state champion. 

What you need to look at is how many placers they will have, how many they will take to state and how many victories they will have at the state tourney.

Campbell could possibly have a couple of state champs in Fuller and Brown  :-o

Why are they wrestling at the Middle School State? :- :lol:

State always comes down to the wrestle backs. In 98 St.X won State with no champs, they didn't even have a kid in the finals. I believe they had 8 3rd placers. In 03 South Oldham dominated state without any champs. They did have 3 runner-ups, I believe. As I said before Ryle and Campbell will be close at region and at state. Ryle has 2 for sure state champs, Campbell has a possibility of a couple. Both teams will have multiple placers. Looks to be an interesting post season.

My mistake on South Oldham, I was thinking of the year 02 they got 3rd because 3 lost in the finals and Campbell overtook them for 2nd. They had at least 1 champ the year they won, Fiser had won.

I know Lovewell won as well.

Guest wildcats143

the 152 weight class in region 6 is stacked!!!

there is ryan dillon AND ryan vaughn(both have a shot at being in the state finals or 3rd and 4th)

and u cant forget there are some other kids at that weight class looking for the big upset

i cant wait to see the out come of this tourniment

I have heard many of Conner's current wrestlers profess their love for Coach Badida. Many of us not only professed our love for him but wanted to win for him as well. The generations have changed. We showed our love for him by getting into shape and winning for him. This generation talks of their love for him, but will not "man up" with hard work and dedication. We walked the walk, this generation only talks the talk. We were embarrassed the one year in the 1980's we didn't give him a champ, only a state runner-up. Will someone from Conner PLEASE be a man and give Coach Badida one more state champ before he retires. It appears this years hopeful doesn't have the backbone to carry the burden.

I have heard many of Conner's current wrestlers profess their love for Coach Badida. Many of us not only professed our love for him but wanted to win for him as well. The generations have changed. We showed our love for him by getting into shape and winning for him. This generation talks of their love for him, but will not "man up" with hard work and dedication. We walked the walk, this generation only talks the talk. We were embarrassed the one year in the 1980's we didn't give him a champ, only a state runner-up. Will someone from Conner PLEASE be a man and give Coach Badida one more state champ before he retires. It appears this years hopeful doesn't have the backbone to carry the burden.

OUCH!  Will you take a middle school or elementary state champ?  I think the Wolnizek kid is very tough.

Middle school champs make a coach pretty darn proud, Coach suspenders is in my book!!!!!

vaughn started really bad, thought dillon had him, then he realized it was a real match and stepped it up a notch to get the pin. Dillon did look like he needs a few more matches into the third to win more, vaughn handled him after dillon made some really great moves (dillon).

Oh, Ryle can't be beat in Region 6, they have a tough group, just keep getting better, Campbell County; don't know, they have some good individuals, Scott; they may surprise some, same as Campbell, Simon Kenton; same as last two, Dixie; nope, Newport, nope (Ilg is good), Holmes; not enough wrestlers, Boone; young, Conner; same as everyone but Ryle, but they will compete soon.

My opinion,,,, Ryle looks really good, in Ohio and better in KY

The Conner team has tremendous talent and athleticism. Rumor has it, one of the Conner students has just earned a starring role of the lion in the The Wizard of Oz.

The Conner team has tremendous talent and athleticism. Rumor has it, one of the Conner students has just earned a starring role of the lion in the The Wizard of Oz.

I thought for sure you would go for the tin man.

Dang, I had to just Google the characters in The Wizard of Oz, my memory is failing me. I thought the lion needed the heart. :x Oh well, courage still makes my point :|. My joke would have been better if I remembered their needs.

Sounds like a typical Dillon match to me. 

If Badida can get him to wrestle 3 periods there may be very few that can keep up with him. 

Very well put.  I gotta hand it to Vaughn though, being down 9-1 in the first...and having the guts to pull it out and stick Dillon.  Nice job, very impressive win.  I agree with ranger, i'd go with the tinman, but it might be a bit of both. 

Guest wildcats143

dillon is a very tough wrestler.

and mistakes happen. and one match doesnt always prove who the better wrestler is.

i will put $10 on dillon beating vaughn in the regoin championship.