Sign in to follow this  
stand-up

Hair Bonnets

The increased use of hair bonnets is driving me crazy, each year I see more and more kids wearing their mother's hair bonnets.  The matches of these bonnet wearers are constantly be stopped so that these glamorous wrestlers can tuck their over flowing hair back into their bonnets. 

It is my opinion that this is just another stalling tactic, like the old "my shoe laces are untied trick".  These glamorous wrestlers should be penalized 1 stalling point every time the match is stopped to reapply said bonnet.  Also, the bonnets should be taped to the glamorous wrestlers heads like shoe laces are required to be taped.

Thanks stand up,

cut your friggin hair or ride a skate board.  I argued that several years ago when that rule came in.  Don't have to worry about Penalty points if you eliminate this stupid rule.  Bonnets  and wrestling do not mix.  Whats next make up? 

The "Bonnet" Rule came into affect for those who cannot cut thier hair for religious reasons.  I do believe that the rule will be strenghened in the future. Maybe requiring a headgear that has a hair cover incorporated in it.  I think this would solve the problem. 

I agree, more making it part of the headgear like the face mask is.  Attached with straps or velcro.

The "Bonnet" Rule came into affect for those who cannot cut thier hair for religious reasons.  I do believe that the rule will be strenghened in the future. Maybe requiring a headgear that has a hair cover incorporated in it.  I think this would solve the problem. 

Guest 103GBM?

And i can't remember the last 'good' kid that wore one.  They look stupid. 

umm wexiler wears one

what about the ones of us with braids? we have to wear them simply because it "hurts" the other person. but if my hair is in a tail we don't have to? why?

You already answered your own question.  Braids hurt your opponent, tails do not.

Hillarious, There is a head gear out now that does exactly what you say.  It is for girls. :mrgreen:

It would be great if the wrestler who wears the hair bonnet were clocked for injury time each time they had to stop and readjust it.  Man would that suck if someone ran out of injury time & had to forfeit due to having to constantly adjust their hair bonnet.

I don't see this as being any more frustrating that a guy that has to keep adjusting his headgear.  Matches are stopped all the time while in the neutral position because someones headgear has fallen off.  I see no difference.

Well to yank my chain again, I think people just get frustrated by hair bonnets because they are seen as unnecessary.  Head gear is an essential part of high schoo wrestling.  Don't worry, you can still wear your hair bonnet.

Just think Bonnet Boys, if you colored your hair blue, you would look just like my grandma when she puts her Bonnet on to get the mail.  I guess we just justify the rules for all the weenies with Piercings too! 

Check out the new wrestling gear by Sissie Wear, featuring nipple guards, lip guards and ear gear that fits under your headgear to cover all your piercings, special hair bonnets for so called wrestlers only.  Order now and get your free razor so you shave your legs too. 

Oh Wait with your first order save an additional 50% on your team colors. 

Order today and get a free man purse. 

I've seen those "Sissie Wear" sites too, (stumbled upon it on a wrestling search gone astray) but I dont think "Sissie Wear" is for high school wrestling!

I kinda agree on the bonnet thing, certain rules apply to the hair (should be for all gender) and if you cant adhere to the rules you gotta get out the scissors and get legal for the mat. Wouldnt be the first time a kid had to cut his hair before a match!

and he looks stupid!

I dont really get on here much.

But I mean seriously, pretty ridiculous on here these days.

I dont use my hair cap as an excuse.

And my hair is amazing.

Shut up already.

kthx.

I dont really get on here much.

But I mean seriously, pretty ridiculous on here these days.

I dont use my hair cap as an excuse.

And my hair is amazing.

Shut up already.

kthx.

I agree. Your hair is amazing. Like a small Carlito. :mrgreen:

Heh.

I win my matches.

That's all that matters.

Maybe you get off these forums for awhile.

Instead of talkin up all this BS.

Hooray for e-thugs.