Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2007/2008 December 12

In regards to JH 171 Aaron Newsome, he destroyed Moore (Dunn). Look out everyone in the top 5 spots at 171 this DAWG has Rabies watch out!!!!

He didn't wrestle Dunn. He beat Schnieder. I agree that he should be ranked much higher but Dunn would be a much tougher match.

I really don't think 5-0 is destroying someone (Schneider/Newsome). Man you John Hardin guys are running way too much jaws. I admit you guys are good this year but just let the wrestling do the talking. You guys are sounding like the new Southern. haha

Go Redhawks!!

In regards to JH 171 Aaron Newsome, he destroyed Moore (Dunn). Look out everyone in the top 5 spots at 171 this DAWG has Rabies watch out!!!!

Usually DAWGS with rabies get put down for good.  I think Mason Reid would be just the person to do it. :lol:  I wouldn't go running my mouth and calling people like Mason out or else the fierce DAWG may wind up looking like a French Poodle.

he beat a 160 pounder 5-0 and your acting like hes going to win the state championship. Now when he fails you and him are going to be crying like babies. You are going to have to console him. He will need a shoulder. Your getting this kids head way to big. Schneider is a good wrestler but hes not as good as the top 171's. Calm down.

Go Redhawks!!

I think he is referring to the fact that seneca seems to get all the bad breaks.....I think it probably started two years ago at regionals when they had thought they won and were dancing and celebrating on the mat and it turned out that the scoring was wrong and trinity actually won. 

What conspiracy is seneca being held back from?

Usually DAWGS with rabies get put down for good.  I think Mason Reid would be just the person to do it. :lol:  I wouldn't go running my mouth and calling people like Mason out or else the fierce DAWG may wind up looking like a French Poodle.

Yea. Where I come from it was just a slug to the head when the dog got to foamin'. I think Ried will be the trigger man. Newsome looks really tough but not top five.

I think if that match was a state tournament match it would have been alot different.  the john hardin kid was sitting on the hops for probably 2 minutes between the 2nd and 3rd period and not a single warning for stalling....he was just riding along.  And everyone knows all of a sudden in the state tournament stalling is called like it's a contest to see who can call it more. 

I really don't think 5-0 is destroying someone (Schneider/Newsome). Man you John Hardin guys are running way too much jaws. I admit you guys are good this year but just let the wrestling do the talking. You guys are sounding like the new Southern. haha

Go Redhawks!!

I agree with Dragon Master.  I wouldn't go calling out Reid no matter who you are.  He's been literally picking them up and putting them down quickly and with extreme prejudice so far this season.  And not just anyone, but the top guys in the state.  He pinned Hitchings and Brownfield in a combined 1:45 (plus or minus a few seconds).

I bet matt neal gives mason reid the best match he has all season in kentucky just like he did last year.

If i am not mistaken reid only beat neal by 4 or so in the regional finals

First off, does that mean Neal is planning to make 171?  Second, what I have seen so far this year is a completely different Mason Reid than I saw last year.  It looks like he is trying to prove something to the guys he is wrestling.  I'm not saying it can't be done, but I wouldn't bet on a 4 point match.  It will take a good effort to be 4 minutes.

1  PRP  Dakoda Choate  11

2  Har Co  Josh Ashbrook  12

3  Con  Ryan Dillon  12

4  SK  Ryan Vaughn  12

5  Bull Cen  Justin Walls  12

6  Chr Co  Cory Armstrong  12

7  Wood Co  Chad Scott  12

8  Way Co  Tim Winchester  12

9  Eas  Mikal McNeely  12

10  FC  Cody Mann  12

11  Fr Co  Ethan Whitt  12

12  Sen  Lofton Wright  10

13  JC  Todd Sites  10

14  Mc Cen  Preston Shoopman  10

15  Ryle  Conner Coyle    9

16  Lar Co  Des Jakes  11

17  PD  Logan Murrell 

18  Tri  Dylan Harbolt  10

19  Law Co  Zach Frazier  12

20  Des  Kevin Snyder  12

21  Cam Co  Tobi Liang  12

22  Call Co  Ryan Shoppe  12

23  NO  Jeff Thomson  11

24  Nel Co  Jamie Thomas  12

25  Old Co  Cary Craycroft  12

26  SC  Steven Marcum  11

27  Laf  Nathan Green  10

28  Moore  Jimmy Roberts  12

dewayne brutcher from southern beat jamie thomas last night

I bet matt neal gives mason reid the best match he has all season in kentucky just like he did last year.

If i am not mistaken reid only beat neal by 4 or so in the regional finals

You bet? Bet what? I hear there was a lunar eclipse last year, that doesn't mean it's going to happen again. First period pin, probably within first minute if Reid wants to, next match!

The big question will be whether Neal can complete the NKAC without headbutting and getting thrown out of the tournament like he did last week in Ohio!

Man that would suck, thinking you have regionals in the bag and to find out you didnt win.. Its like the 130 semifinals two years ago between Ozzy Parker and Brandon Howard where Howard thought he had the match won, they shook hands if im not mistaken and he even had his headgear off, come to find out another ref watching comes in and changes the outcome so they go into overtime and howard loses by a takedown or so. Parker went on to win state.

This Newsome kid is not even the best 171 in his region. He has got to try and beat Ty Wlofe to be a region champ. I just don't see that happening. I mean no disrespect but he won the lonesome dove that is not a quality tournament especially in the 171 weight class. Ty beat that Schnieder kid several times last year. I think that Ty and newsome should wrestle this weekend at the region 2 duals.

Good Rankings. Just wanted to fill you in that at 135 BJ Robinson from Anderson isnt participating this year.

And I am wrestling 140 eventually but right now am stuck at 145 due to the Fat test. First tourny at 140 will be the WCI for me.

From what I have read this Newsome kid still has a lot to prove although it does look like he could have a few good tests this weekend.  If frogman = Newsome then you are acting like you should be in the 7th grade not a senior and if not then you have no business posting what you did.  Is Newsome better than 27th?  Probably, but does it really matter what you are ranked?  Either way I think Reid could pin him and tie his shoes at the same time.

to Bulldog215: if you were half as good as your talk you would be a two time defending state champ.

Good Rankings. Just wanted to fill you in that at 135 BJ Robinson from Anderson isnt participating this year.

And I am wrestling 140 eventually but right now am stuck at 145 due to the Fat test. First tourny at 140 will be the WCI for me.

Maybe you and Matt Miller will match up @ 145 for a good match.

I think John Hardin as a team are and will be good competition. They are without a doubt better than people think. However, let the people be the judge of that through your wrestling and not by mouth. They are the top dawgs in region 2 now, and will be for a while, but lets not forget how hard that title is to come buy. You still have tough Larue County and North Hardin teams to contend with, and Central Hardin will be up again real soon. As far as Aaron Newsome, he is a tough hard nose wrestler. I know of him form when he wrestled at West Lynn in Oregon. My cousin wrestled for Gresham up there. Aaron was ranked 4th in the state, but some they way he had a hard time meshing well with his team, and didn't live up, then again West Lynn who is a perennial powerhouse out there year in year out doesn't do well with outsiders.

Just a bit of info.

P.S.

John Hardin and Aaron Newsome are the top dawgs, but Mason Reid is a wolf!

Guest wrestler92

I think newsome will actually beat Wolfe if he can stall out longer than what Wolfe can.  I guess it just depends on who is ahead at the time and who is able to stall the longest and not get scored on.  I think Wolfe's last match with that schneider kid was close though by maybe 2 points. 

This Newsome kid is not even the best 171 in his region. He has got to try and beat Ty Wlofe to be a region champ. I just don't see that happening. I mean no disrespect but he won the lonesome dove that is not a quality tournament especially in the 171 weight class. Ty beat that Schnieder kid several times last year. I think that Ty and newsome should wrestle this weekend at the region 2 duals.