Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2007/2008 Pre-season August 10

how is ryan tingle ranked above donnel davis?

As far as I know, these two guys have never met on the mat.  And I haven't seen or heard anything from either guy this summer.  So it comes down to opinion.  I see Tingle as having more experience and, assuming he is back at 145, has competed at that weight and competed well, although up and down at times.  Davis is much more athletic and quick, but is coming off that shoulder injury.  And even though I have no reason to think it was as serious as Caleb Wood's injury, I can't help but recall how he never really seemed to recover 100%.  Anyway, it is just pre-season and I'm sure they will clear things up pretty early in the season.

1   SC   Matt Slone  10

2   Way Co   Coty Vinsant  12

3   Un Co   Jake Wempe  12

4   CH   Ross Engle  12

5   Ft Camp   Zach Bontrager  12

6   NO   Andre Zeppa  12

7   Cam Co   Caleb Schneider  11

8   Ft Knox   Cameron Barrientos  12

9   Chr Co   Dustin Thomas  10

10   Scott   Gabe Supe  12

11   SK   Steve Norberry  11

12   Wood Co   Ethan Miller  12

13   PRP   Daniel Sauer  11

14   TC   Kasey Hedges  11

15   SO   Steve Vaughn  11

16   JC   JJ Jude  8

17   Mc Cen   Derek Corder  12

18   Ohio Co   Adam Lynch  11

19   Whit Co   Duncan Caddell  9

20   Lar Co   Shaquille Cox  9

21   Har Co   Cody Ward

22   NH   Brandon Wilder  12

23   Doss   Alex Hacker

24   Chr Co   Austin Jones  9

25   KCD   Tom James  12

Thomas will probably go 130.

There should be some changes.

Luke T. if hes @ wayne now he will be alot better because he's with Sullivan, Daniels , Vinsant.  Move this kid up to aleast 3rd

1  HC  Matt Zarth 

2  Whit Co  Dalton Evans.  Daniels beat both of these guys why is he #3. put him at #1

Wood Co  Coty Lewis. There is no way he will be in the state finals and being ranked #2 NO #2 SHOULD BE Josh Johnson

Wood Co  Chad Scott @145 yeah right he was 160/171 at blue grass I see him at 152/160

Tri  Brad Hitchings WOW should be #1 after beating  Wood Co  Harrison Courtney this shows this kid can beat the best.

Laf  Evan Bullock  Should be droped to about 10 after getting stuck at bluegrass by Way Co  Brandon Bell

There should be some changes.

Luke T. if hes @ wayne now he will be alot better because he's with Sullivan, Daniels , Vinsant.   Move this kid up to aleast 3rd

1   HC   Matt Zarth 

2   Whit Co   Dalton Evans.  Daniels beat both of these guys why is he #3. put him at #1

Wood Co   Coty Lewis. There is no way he will be in the state finals and being ranked #2 NO #2 SHOULD BE Josh Johnson

Wood Co   Chad Scott @145 yeah right he was 160/171 at blue grass I see him at 152/160

Tri   Brad Hitchings WOW should be #1 after beating  Wood Co   Harrison Courtney this shows this kid can beat the best.

Laf   Evan Bullock  Should be droped to about 10 after getting stuck at bluegrass by Way Co   Brandon Bell

Ok I will ry to put some perspective on it for you.

Luke Troxell is a good wrestler but just because he is wrestling at Wayne does not make him that much tougher. Will it help him? Yes!! Not third though maybe fifth or sixth.

119- Daniels, Evans and Zarth could go either way but Zarth is the returning state champ and Evans could hang with the both of them when he was 112 last year. If he is a solid 119 pounder it could be all the difference in the world, but after the state results of last year this is the correct order, but probably wont be the order come february.

I agree With you on the Coty Lewis thing. Who knows if he will even be wrestling come february.

Chad Scott will probably be 145 especially if Courtney is 152, some people scuk weight!!

Hitchings beat Courtney yes but 171 has a returning state champ that Hithcings cannot beat at this time.

Bullock Not sure about but I know aybody can get caught.

1  SC  Matt Slone  10

2  Way Co  Coty Vinsant  12

3  Un Co  Jake Wempe  12

4  CH  Ross Engle  12

5  Ft Camp  Zach Bontrager  12

6  NO  Andre Zeppa  12

7  Cam Co  Caleb Schneider  11

8  Ft Knox  Cameron Barrientos  12

9  Chr Co  Dustin Thomas  10

10  Scott  Gabe Supe  12

11  SK  Steve Norberry  11

12  Wood Co  Ethan Miller  12

13  PRP  Daniel Sauer  11

14  TC  Kasey Hedges  11

15  SO  Steve Vaughn  11

16  JC  JJ Jude  8

17  Mc Cen  Derek Corder  12

18  Ohio Co  Adam Lynch  11

19  Whit Co  Duncan Caddell  9

20  Lar Co  Shaquille Cox  9

21  Har Co  Cody Ward

22  NH  Brandon Wilder  12

23  Doss  Alex Hacker

24  Chr Co  Austin Jones  9

25  KCD  Tom James  12

Thomas will probably go 130.

Thomas WILL WILL be 125 and Jones is weighing in about 140-145 Jones Got cheated in Middle school state tho

You should have started with a better argument than Troxell at 3rd or higher.  No way he gets ranked above Johnson or Elam.  That is crazy.

As far as 119 goes, prowler hit the nail on the head.  Zarth is the returning state champ.  The results of a summer tournament don't change that one bit.  He is not a kid that is getting fat and smoking cigarettes.  He just wasn't in wrestling shape at the BGSG.  Especially when compared to the Wayne County crew.  Plain and simple.  Daniels and Evans should be a great battle; could go either way.

Lewis is the best one you brought up.  There is no way of knowing which kid will show up this season.  But he is a 3-time finalist (1 championship) heading into his senior year.  I'm guessing that he will show up to wrestle this year and that's what the pre-season rankings are all about.  And if he decides to show up we all know he will be one of the best.

In my opinion Scott may need to lose some weight to find a spot in the lineup.  If Courtney is at 152 and Sheehan is at 160 where does he go (assuming he doesn't beat them for a spot)?  I don't believe he wants to go 171.

Yes, it was extremely impressive to see Hitching beat Courtney.  It showed everyone that he can not only compete but beat the best.  But again, it was a summer tournament.  Ask Hitchings and I'm sure he will tell you that match won him no state tournament medals.  Plus, beating the 145 state champ is not equivalent to bumping up against the 171 state champ.

Not to totally discount your argument, but heavyweights and off season.  Enough said.

I would like to remind everyone that these are just the rankings.  They don't hold any merit when the wrestlers get on the mat and square off against each other.

With that said, I appreciate what Ranger is doing here.  At the very least he keeps wrestling in everyones mind outside the season.  These rankings also give us the updated results of matches throughout the season.  It also allows us to see what wrestler is going what wt. class. 

For us coaches it also helps us determine what tournaments we may want to attend. 

P.S.  As an update.

Brandon has let me know that on Sept. 20th he will return to Lou. to find out if he will be able to participate this upcoming season. 

I would also like to thank the athletic trainers at Eastern High school for their excelant treatment of Brandon Wren he was injured last year at the Big East.  No matter what happens throughout the year remember the trainers and medical staff at the events.   If Brandon is able to return and compete he will owe it to the medical staff at Eastern on that day. 

I would like to remind everyone that these are just the rankings.  They don't hold any merit when the wrestlers get on the mat and square off against each other.

With that said, I appreciate what Ranger is doing here.  At the very least he keeps wrestling in everyones mind outside the season.  These rankings also give us the updated results of matches throughout the season.  It also allows us to see what wrestler is going what wt. class. 

For us coaches it also helps us determine what tournaments we may want to attend. 

P.S.  As an update.

Brandon has let me know that on Sept. 20th he will return to Lou. to find out if he will be able to participate this upcoming season. 

I would also like to thank the athletic trainers at Eastern High school for their excelant treatment of Brandon Wren he was injured last year at the Big East.  No matter what happens throughout the year remember the trainers and medical staff at the events.   If Brandon is able to return and compete he will owe it to the medical staff at Eastern on that day. 

I see the rannkings as an idea of who may be in your weight class this year..

i dont see how matt miller isnt ranked first, he dominated last year, and got injured before state. i dont think he will have to tough of a time from walking away with state this year.

Matt Miller is a very good wrestler, I was impressed with him last year. He will not come close to giving Brian Peace even a good match. Peace would major him 9/10 times. Nothing against Miller, Peace is just that good.

Brandon lets count the number of times you got beat by King.  at the hop-town tournament, at Henderson, and then  at App state.  i think Josh King will be the in the regional finals facing and getting beat by Ervin

and He placed 3rd in the region last year.