Sign in to follow this  
three

Camps

I'm goin to ken chertow, the granby camp, jeff jordan, and ohio state.

Holy moly did you win the lottery or something???

what are we talking a minimum of $2,000, maybe as much as $4,000?????

Holy moly did you win the lottery or something???

what are we talking a minimum of $2,000, maybe as much as $4,000?????

That's not just $, but also a lot of time, blood, sweat, and tears.  I hope the hard work pays off for you.

Tryin to win it all next year... yea its kinda expensive but hopefully it pays off.

How in the world are any of us poor boys gonna be able to keep up with that???

No offense PLd103 but this is why I root for the economically challenged (I hope that is PC) schools such as Hopkinsville, Holmes, McCreary Central, and other inner city and "country" schools.

They have no way to keep up with this.  Many can barely afford to wrestle for their school, some schools require a fee, and the cost of their shoes, food on the road.  Let alone the money they don't earn for their family while they are wrestling. 

I know here in Nky the wrestling community has helped some of these kids out.  I've donated to a camp fund.  Local schools that hold camps give discounts or allow them to work it off.  (ie Campbell Co., SK are two that I know of)  But these kids never get the opportunity to go to a Jordan/Cheartow/Ohio state camp. 

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here.  Just remember this when you ask someone why they didn't go to a camp over the summer or attend some USA/AAU tourneys over the summer.  Or giving a teammate a hard time for not attending any of these.  Many don't like to admit they can't afford the cards or entry fees.

OK I'll get off my soap box and complete my one good deed for the year.  :-D

How in the world are any of us poor boys gonna be able to keep up with that???

No offense PLd103 but this is why I root for the economically challenged (I hope that is PC) schools such as Hopkinsville, Holmes, McCreary Central, and other inner city and "country" schools.

They have no way to keep up with this.  Many can barely afford to wrestle for their school, some schools require a fee, and the cost of their shoes, food on the road.  Let alone the money they don't earn for their family while they are wrestling. 

I know here in Nky the wrestling community has helped some of these kids out.  I've donated to a camp fund.  Local schools that hold camps give discounts or allow them to work it off.  (ie Campbell Co., SK are two that I know of)  But these kids never get the opportunity to go to a Jordan/Cheartow/Ohio state camp. 

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here.  Just remember this when you ask someone why they didn't go to a camp over the summer or attend some USA/AAU tourneys over the summer.  Or giving a teammate a hard time for not attending any of these.  Many don't like to admit they can't afford the cards or entry fees.

OK I'll get off my soap box and complete my one good deed for the year.  :-D

This Scholarship is available every year to anybody with a current USA Wrestling Card. Up to $200 to help with any camp you would like to go to.

JRC Memorial Scholarship Fund

Through a generous donation made possible by the JRC Memorial Scholarship Fund, USA Wrestling has been granted the opportunity to help young wrestlers from across the country achieve their dreams. This JRC Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in honor of John Ricciardi, Rochelle Levitetz and Charlie Levitetz and is dedicated to assisting wrestling athletes from around the country. The JRC Memorial Scholarship Fund is designed to assist civic minded and disadvantaged youth attend USAW or collegiate wrestling camps in the summer of 2007. Through a selection process established by USA Wrestling, wrestlers active in USA Wrestling have the opportunity to apply for financial assistance to receive partial or complete assistance to attend a wrestling camp in their region. USA Wrestling will be working directly with some of the best camps in the country in providing this unique opportunity to several deserving athletes.

JRC Scholarship Fund

This Scholarship is available every year to anybody with a current USA Wrestling Card. Up to $200 to help with any camp you would like to go to.

JRC Memorial Scholarship Fund

Through a generous donation made possible by the JRC Memorial Scholarship Fund, USA Wrestling has been granted the opportunity to help young wrestlers from across the country achieve their dreams. This JRC Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in honor of John Ricciardi, Rochelle Levitetz and Charlie Levitetz and is dedicated to assisting wrestling athletes from around the country. The JRC Memorial Scholarship Fund is designed to assist civic minded and disadvantaged youth attend USAW or collegiate wrestling camps in the summer of 2007. Through a selection process established by USA Wrestling, wrestlers active in USA Wrestling have the opportunity to apply for financial assistance to receive partial or complete assistance to attend a wrestling camp in their region. USA Wrestling will be working directly with some of the best camps in the country in providing this unique opportunity to several deserving athletes.

JRC Scholarship Fund

how do you qualify for that scholarship, it would greatly help alot of wrestlers

how do you qualify for that scholarship, it would greatly help alot of wrestlers

Fill out application that is attached and send it to USA Wrestling.

does anybody know how to get in touch with these funds (camp funds) so that we can help out these kids.

Something else to consider, some of these camps if you contact them and tell them you have a kid with a financial hardship...they will work with the kid.  I know Ken Chertow usually will.  He has a scholarship program too.  It might be tied to USAW, but i know if you contact him he will send you a financial aid application of some sort.

The JRC Scholarship is not for one person. It is for multiple Kids.

Last years KY recipients of the Scholarship were

Bryan Peace

Tim Mckenney

Carson Chambliss

Jake Wempe

There were 251 Scholarships given for 31 different camps. There is no limit as to how many are given per state. But to receive it, you must apply.

Ryan Kelly and Matt Slone are going to the West Virginia University camp in a couple weeks.  Then when  they get back Sheldon Clark is going to Virginia Tech Competition Camp.  We usually go to Appalachian State University so this will be a  nice change of pace.