Sign in to follow this  
thegreatgatsby

Head to head competition

How many times have 2 wrestlers met in the same season?  I think in '99, Charles Smith (FERN) and Josh Coulter (EAST) met like 8 or 9 times.  KOB, WCI, JCTC, Big East, S. Old. Inv.,Fern/East Dual, District, Region and State Finals.

Michael Jackson and Farrington (Wayne Co.)

WCI, Wayne dual, Region Finals, State Finals, maybe more.  I love when this happens, the dominant wrestler always proves himself.

Aaron Cosgrove from Doss wrestled Buddy Whitson (Valley) six times last year and Rayshawn Graham (Iroquois) five times last year.  Over 20% of his matches were against 2 kids.

Joey Stepp of Sheldon Clark and Chris Floyd of Wayne County met in the district, regional, and state finals their senior year.  I think Chris won districts, Joey won regionals, and their state finals match was crazy with Joey getting hit for stalling with 2 seconds left in the match while he was taking a shot and ended up losing by one point because of that stalling call.  That referee got boo'd out of the building and I don't think he ever officiated again.

IN 1999 Floyd and Stepp met in district , region and state .Floyd won all three he pinned him in district and region. In the state finals Floyd was trying to throw Stepp and he backed out , three times before the call was made. Also floyd was hit in the match in the first period for stalling while trying to throw Stepp. Their Junior year Stepp won district and Floyd won Region .

** At 112 my sophmore year(ima JR now) I wrestled Jacob Barton from Trinity in almost every finals match. The year before I wrestled Kenny Watkins of trinity like more than jacob lol.

** Also Joe Powers wrestled Dan Thunemen in EVERY 140 Finals match (and didnt beat him until state), and I think it was the Fern Creek kid who broke joes coallor bone, I seen them wrestle enough. Joe had fun with him (he says).