Sign in to follow this  
pioneer_pride

Match requests for the BGSG

Does anyone have any rematches or matchups they want to see for the Bluegrass State Games on 7/28?  I can't wait for this tournament, it is always a blast. 

My request is Josh Cooper vs. Mitch Ervin.  No offense to Ervin, he's an outstanding wrestler...but I think it was Josh's year.  Maybe if his knee has heeled we'll see this matchup.

Yes the Cooper Vs Ervin match would be nice because like you said it was Josh's year.

Even though I would want this match to happen I don't think that it would be close.  Cooper wins this match hands down. From what I saw of Josh this year there was no-one in the state from 145 on up that could have defeated him.  The closest being Wolsiefer. (Now that is a match I would want to see)

I use 145 on up because I don't think he could have made weight any lower than 145.

i would love to see these:

mason reid and wolseifer

dalton evans and sullivan

derek nickel and will starks

harrison courtney and wolseifer...(if weight was within 7-8 pounds)

and last but not least cooper and ervin

i think the cooper ervin match would be really good, but count out ervin he is very good and i think he wins a close one. also wolsiefer is the best wrestler in the state period, but that could change i think he has gotten a little bored maybe bc he really hasnt been challenged and need to really push himself to stay on top of his game.

i think the cooper ervin match would be really good, but count out ervin he is very good and i think he wins a close one. also wolsiefer is the best wrestler in the state period, but that could change i think he has gotten a little bored maybe bc he really hasnt been challenged and need to really push himself to stay on top of his game.

I'll tell you this.  At the NKAC where Nky wrestles all the northern Ky schools wrestle each other in duals.  Cooper did not loose a match.  On top of that he pinned Golsby in the 1st or 2nd period.  When he pinned him he was dominating the match.  Golsby didn't come close to scoring a point.  He played with Golsby until he pinned him.  Ervin had trouble defeating Golsby.  I don't think anyone came close to defeating him in KY.  He lost 1 or 2 matches in Ohio and that was it.

Cooper would win hands down in my opinion against Ervin (not taking anything away from Ervin however, he's a great wrestler), and I also believe He would beat Wolsiefer even though he lost to him in 06 finals. Josh is the greatest wrestler I believe I have seen never to win state, and I think this year he would have if he wasnt injured.

Cooper obviously a great wrestler that would have contended for state, very unfortunate injury to a great kid.

Is he still wrestling? I had heard he was planning to attend UofL next year and if so he wouldnt be wrestling in college. I was just curious about if he was wrestling any club or if his injury was so severe that it ended his career?

I would love to see all of these right here

mason reid and wolseifer

dalton evans and sullivan

derek nickel and will starks

harrison courtney and wolseifer...(if weight was within 7-8 pounds)

and last but not least cooper and ervin

And I would also love to see Wolsifer and Ervin... just the thought of this match in the finals next year at 160 makes me tingle all over!

Cooper obviously a great wrestler that would have contended for state, very unfortunate injury to a great kid.

Is he still wrestling? I had heard he was planning to attend UofL next year and if so he wouldnt be wrestling in college. I was just curious about if he was wrestling any club or if his injury was so severe that it ended his career?

He is probably helping out with SK's wrestling club, although i have not heard anything about that...just guessing.  I did hear the same thing about him planning to attend UofL, so not likely he will wrestle in college.  It would be very cool to have these guys (Ervin, Cooper, Wolsiefer) meet up at the BGSG if Cooper is back to 100%.  I'm sure not wrestling at state was a huge disappointment for Josh, maybe meeting up there with those guys would mean a lot to him.  Not to mention, I'd pay DOUBLE the admission price for those games if I knew these 3 and maybe a Harrison Courtney were in the same bracket!!  I've never seen Wolsiefer at the BGSG....any plans on him being there?  What about Ervin?  Inquiring minds want to know.

btw - all the speculation about who would win is cool (between Ervin & Cooper)...but even if they meet up at BGSG and one of them rolls through the rest of them, I still say it doesn't mean a thing about down state.  I think Ervin having a tough match with Golsby is more of a representation that Golsby was ready to go down state.  Ervin was right on the money down state...it would have been a great match.

I know this is off topic, but I would think U of L could field a very competitive wrestling club team. Considering the size of the school, its kind of surprising they dont have a club, they could probably do very well!

Has anyone heard of any wrestling activity at the U of L campus?

i would like to see a couple of coaches go at it.

the franklin county coach (the one with the full beard) vs. the PRP coach with the beard. 

I know this is off topic, but I would think U of L could field a very competitive wrestling club team. Considering the size of the school, its kind of surprising they dont have a club, they could probably do very well!

Has anyone heard of any wrestling activity at the U of L campus?

Jason Hardin HVY from PRP the year before last was supposed to be on the club team at Uof L.  Injuries prevented it but I do believe that the club exists.

I don't think Ervin wants to waste his time with Ky. competition. From what I've heard he's wrestling in Russia over the summer.

Ok, no that was not an insult to us lowly Kentucky wrestlers or nothing.  Maybe there's something else over in Russia that he's interested in....perhaps he's found a lady friend.  I heard he's been seen bouncing from the hotspots in Siberia with this FINE lady:

http://diggsc.typepad.com/4_mile_creek/images/tamara2.jpg

Waste his time with Kentucky competition? Hahahaha.. thats the funniest thing ive heard all day. Why is he wrestling in Russia when he already has a handful here?

cooper is going  UofL from wha i heard last. I think Kyle and some other coopers are there going to school already. As for a wrestling team they dont have one and it doesnt look like they will have one even on the club team level. What they have tho is a club that gets together and practices and dont think they compete or dual any one. Jeremy hilger goes or went there and he was an undefeated state champ his senior year nd he seems to enjoy it.

cooper is going  UofL from wha i heard last. I think Kyle and some other coopers are there going to school already. As for a wrestling team they dont have one and it doesnt look like they will have one even on the club team level. What they have tho is a club that gets together and practices and dont think they compete or dual any one. Jeremy hilger goes or went there and he was an undefeated state champ his senior year nd he seems to enjoy it.

What would a person have to do to go to these club practices?

Unfortunately, any match with Wolsiefer involved is not going to happen as he will not be attending the Blue Grass State Games this year. I talked to him and asked him today and he said that he would not be going... :'(

Cooper is done with wrestling period he won't be wrestling at the bluegrass state games he's graduating this year i doubt he'll wanna wrestle again when he has nothing to look forward to for next season!