Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2007/2008 Pre-season April 11

This season will be tough for them, but I think the real test for the Carrs will be 2008-2009.  They will still have Courtney to lead them, but they lose Shane Parks, Coty Lewis, Chad Scott, Blake Sheehan, Ethan Miller, and KT Routt.  And I'm not sure I see the depth to replace them right now.  At least not to the point of Woodford challenging for a title like they are accustomed to.

Shhhhh!!!  Quiet guys, don't wake a sleeping giant.  I'm not sure what their feeder program looks like, but I don't imagine it would be too hard to find about 10 or more state champs to help coach a pretty good youth & m.s. program there.

Shhhhh!!!  Quiet guys, don't wake a sleeping giant.  I'm not sure what their feeder program looks like, but I don't imagine it would be too hard to find about 10 or more state champs to help coach a pretty good youth & m.s. program there.

Region 7 Duals should be quite interesting with Woodford and Harrison, not to mention Lafayette. Its looking quite good for Harrison and Lafayette. Harrison and Woodford are falling apart though after 160 with no one ranked. Harrison has a few upcomers in the heavier divison though, but woodford always has something to show. It will be a good duals this year.

Guest hwtmaster

Dodd Kinder at 215 from tc is only going to be in 10th grade next year this year he was a freshmen :-D

how do you have Trinity after Union County. Union only has 8 or 9 guys ranked Trinity was all 14 guys ranked

Actually, 12 Union Wrestlers are ranked. 8 of these are predicted to place. 3 people placing second, 2 placing 3rd, 2 placing 5th, and one placing 8th. Not to mention their 119,145,152, and 215 scoring points.

Trinity has 14 wrestlers ranked. Only 5 are predicted to place. 1 first place, 1 2nd place, 2 4th place, and 1 5th place. Granted Trinity will earn points from a few other wrestlers if you look at alot of there "ranked" people aren't very high and might not score points for them.

All in all Union seems like the obvious choice especially since they only lost 3 seniors which they don't seem to be hurting to fill them in.

Actually, 12 Union Wrestlers are ranked. 8 of these are predicted to place. 3 people placing second, 2 placing 3rd, 2 placing 5th, and one placing 8th. Not to mention their 119,145,152, and 215 scoring points.

Trinity has 14 wrestlers ranked. Only 5 are predicted to place. 1 first place, 1 2nd place, 2 4th place, and 1 5th place. Granted Trinity will earn points from a few other wrestlers if you look at alot of there "ranked" people aren't very high and might not score points for them.

All in all Union seems like the obvious choice especially since they only lost 3 seniors which they don't seem to be hurting to fill them in.

Exactly where I was going Bear.  It should be a good race for the title, assuming all works out as expected.

how come i'm ranked behind caleb schneider i wrestled him three times this year and beat all three times by a pretty decent margin. Or are you ranking these people by how they did at state? Then i understand why he is

how come i'm ranked behind caleb schneider i wrestled him three times this year and beat all three times by a pretty decent margin. Or are you ranking these people by how they did at state? Then i understand why he is

Yes, his performance at state bumped him up quite a bit.  He can make the same argument as he beat Bontrager.

tyler martin from hopkinsville beat cyle martinson in 112. he pinned him in the second or third period.

What happened to him at region?

he was sick

but still i never got to wrestle bontrager. and we both got eliminated by the same guy by the same score minus my illegal crossface!

Sounds like you two are just a match made in heaven, huh. lol. :-D

ATM21 said: tyler martin from hopkinsville beat cyle martinson in 112. he pinned him in the second or third period.

Will Hopkinsville even have a team next year? Who will be coaching them? Do you have any insight ATM21?

Exactly where I was going Bear.  It should be a good race for the title, assuming all works out as expected.

There is one wrestler on the Union squad that is young but is very underrated. Caleb Ervin. He recently placed 5th at the middle school indiviual nationals(1 of 2 from Ky to become all-americans, him and John Fahy) and 5th at Danville middle school national duals(best record of any KY middle school state champ 5-2). This offseason he beat Terrance Demery of North Hardin at the Union Co. Dan Gable Tournament and from my personal experience wrestling with him and his older brother Isaac, Caleb is much more talented as a freshman than Isaac was 2 years ago and Isaac placed 3rd that year at 119. Caleb has practiced for 4 years with the high school and the only obstacle keeping him from having high school experience already is a district rule in Union Co. that doesn't allow anyone under 9th grade to participate in high school sports. If that rule wasn't in affect, then who knows, Adam or Aaron Carr might not have had a varsity spot this year.

Sometimes wrestlers move up in weight because they spend alot of time in the weight room vs. at the kitchen table!!!  Also, the weights wrestlers are ranked at right now are speculation only.  Especially with the younger wrestlers who are growing.  Brad Hitchings wrestled 104 as a 6th grader, 124 as an 7th grader, 140 as an 8th grader, and 152 as a freshman and has never cut weight in his life.  He is up to 164 right now and no doubt will weigh 170-175 next year.  The formula of lifting weights hard and not cutting weight seems to work for him.

There is one wrestler on the Union squad that is young but is very underrated. Caleb Ervin. He recently placed 5th at the middle school indiviual nationals(1 of 2 from Ky to become all-americans, him and John Fahy) and 5th at Danville middle school national duals(best record of any KY middle school state champ 5-2). This offseason he beat Terrance Demery of North Hardin at the Union Co. Dan Gable Tournament and from my personal experience wrestling with him and his older brother Isaac, Caleb is much more talented as a freshman than Isaac was 2 years ago and Isaac placed 3rd that year at 119. Caleb has practiced for 4 years with the high school and the only obstacle keeping him from having high school experience already is a district rule in Union Co. that doesn't allow anyone under 9th grade to participate in high school sports. If that rule wasn't in affect, then who knows, Adam or Aaron Carr might not have had a varsity spot this year.

Thats awesome.  Union Co. is doing everything right these days....wish I lived closer to work out or coach with them. 

Hard work and summer wrestling pays off..

ok i know what yall are saying but trinity as a good team and yes union is a good team to so alls im saying is trinity might so up union next year

union will finish higher than trinity...union comes back with a good Line up..majority of that line-up placing at state..trinity is a good squad but dey wont past union

Saturday, all four of the Ervin's: Caleb, Isaac, Luke, and Mitch will be competing at the Tournament of Champions in Columbus, Ohio. It is a national tournament with 60 man brackets and only 1 day of competition. Jarvis Elam couldn't make it due to a wedding in his family. I'll post the results as soon as Coach Robert Ervin sends them to me.

Guest 103GBM?

1  Tri  Myron Bradbury  10

2  Un Co  Jarvis Elam  12

3  Laf  Shawn Johnson  10

4  JH  Kirby Goodwine  10

5  Let Co Cen  Dakota Kincer  11

6  Mc Cen  Luke Troxell  8

7  NH  Coty Wood  11

8  TC  Zack Brown  10

9  Har Co  Andy Lenz  11

10  FC  Omar Jarvins  9

11  Hend Co  Chris Merriwether  10

12  Ft Camp  Jared Smith  11

13  NO  Taylor South  12

14  Ryle  Kaleb Lonkard  9 / Austin Palmer

15  Bou Co  John Stout  8

16  Wood Co  Shane White  8

17  St X  Byron Hoskinson  10

18  Lar Co  Nick Paden  8

19  JC  Jayce Carr  8

20  PD  Pat Milford

21  Way Co  Dalton Hassellbring  8

22  Ohio Co  Tyler Boone  10

23  Eas  Austin Dicken  8

24  Fair  Jake Maupin  8

25  Mon Co  Rex Stephens

next year maupin wont b 103 he will b like 119

Demery is a very tough wrestler.  That is impresive.  Union County should change their mascot from the braves to the union county Ervins and the mascot could just be a clan of little wrestlers than run in packs.  These guys are rediculously good at developing young wrestlers.  I wish I could sit in on one practice just to see what they do day in and day out that is so effective.

Demery is a very tough wrestler.  That is impresive.  Union County should change their mascot from the braves to the union county Ervins and the mascot could just be a clan of little wrestlers than run in packs.  These guys are rediculously good at developing young wrestlers.  I wish I could sit in on one practice just to see what they do day in and day out that is so effective.

I agree with that statement.