Sign in to follow this  
pridewrestler

Ervin vs. Wolseifer

Who will win  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

• Wolsiefer
    • Ervin

They will be facing this weekend at the Gable Series @ Union Co. Who do you think will win?

i have wolseifer sticking ervin, although ervin has stuck top dogs like Sheehan, and also Wolseifer only beat LaRue by a little, it going to come out with Wolseifer. :mrgreen:

I'm not sure Sheehan was a top dog, but Ervin defeated a dangerous Golsby (who seemed to be at his best during that match), and he did defeat Banks and even put him on his back. 

I think many would think that Banks could give Wolsiefer a good match, why not Ervin? 

Wrestling begins at 10 am central time, 11 eastern. If anyone wants to wrestle then they can weigh in at their home site and call Coach Walls (270)952-0483 or Coach Robert Ervin (270)997-0203 and tell them the weigh ins as well as age group. Every wrestler needs to report there by 9 am at Union County High School. Make sure you get there in time to see the Mitch and Johnny matchup.

This is one of those match ups that will produce a new winner every time.  I don't think this is a predictable match.  Good luck to both guys they are both two of the best this state has to offer.  I will not even guess because I automaticaly secound guess my choice.  We will have to see who comes out on top.(this time) :?

I'm gonna try to go up there and watch that.

before you make a trip to union specifically for this match, i should tell you john wolsiefer is signed up for the wrestling clinic at Trinity this Saturday, so it does not appear this match will take place this weekend.  Unless he's a no show at Trinity, it doesn't look like there will be an "Ervin vs. Wolseifer" match unless it's at Trinity.  Would love to have Ervin at Trinity...but I doubt he will be there (since his school is hosting a tourney).  I would love to learn that tilt he used in the finals against Banks.  That made my knee ache just watching it.

before you make a trip to union specifically for this match, i should tell you john wolsiefer is signed up for the wrestling clinic at Trinity this Saturday, so it does not appear this match will take place this weekend.  Unless he's a no show at Trinity, it doesn't look like there will be an "Ervin vs. Wolseifer" match unless it's at Trinity.  Would love to have Ervin at Trinity...but I doubt he will be there (since his school is hosting a tourney).  I would love to learn that tilt he used in the finals against Banks.  That made my knee ache just watching it.

Which tilt? You're not talkin' about the laces he had in are you? That was pretty sweet too.

Which tilt? You're not talkin' about the laces he had in are you? That was pretty sweet too.

That's probably a more accurate description of what he did, it was the main thing i seen Ervin use on top in the finals.  I called it a tilt because it was a way to score back points, without necessarily getting a pin...and I didn't know what else to call it.  :-D  Something about the way Banks' knee looked...made me think it wasn't a very comfortable position to be in. 

Yea. I've been workin' lots of stuff like that lately. They're on their hands and i'm behind. Then I pick up the legs [wheel barrow position] and I have all kinds of tilts and stuff I can do. It's a great position once you learn how to use it.

I don't think so, Johnny was at Trinity at 1pm on Saturday, so I doubt he went to Union in the early a.m. then went to Trinity.

I'm not sure Sheehan was a top dog, but Ervin defeated a dangerous Golsby (who seemed to be at his best during that match), and he did defeat Banks and even put him on his back. 

I think many would think that Banks could give Wolsiefer a good match, why not Ervin? 

Ervin did not defeat a Dangeruos Golsby, he was Defeated by a Dangerous Golsby whose hand just didnt happen to get raised... lets not forget this was ref'd by good ole'  "JCa'tan"...

just pointing out that you mixed your props up wrong...

Ervin did not defeat a Dangeruos Golsby, he was Defeated by a Dangerous Golsby whose hand just didnt happen to get raised... lets not forget this was ref'd by good ole'  "JCa'tan"...

just pointing out that you mixed your props up wrong...

I watched that match very closely, and thought the same thing - that Golsby had to score SOMETHING at the end of the match....however, i spoke to someone who watched that match on film after it was all settled and said there was nothing called wrong at the end of that match.  It was VERY close, but no points could have been awarded at the end that were not awarded.  I wanted to dispute that...but it's hard to argue a call with someone who has watched it over and over on video when all I have is my biased, fading memory.  This was a person who was very much on Golsby's side.  I have to believe that was the right call.  Either way, that was probably the most interesting weight class in the state this year I thought. 

If Golsby legitemently lost that match, then there is no reason for anyone to beleive that Sullivan is something great by comming back on D.C. Evens to win, when that match is displayed on the enternet and the right shoulder of Dalton is a very clear 4-5 inches from the mat.

There wear many matches at state so Jeperodized by the reffing jobs, that any better offciating colud have effected who may have been state champ or runner up this year.

The Dalton Evens-Travis Sullivan and John Golsby-Mitch Ervin matches are the most obvious two.

If Golsby legitemently lost that match, then there is no reason for anyone to beleive that Sullivan is something great by comming back on D.C. Evens to win, when that match is displayed on the enternet and the right shoulder of Dalton is a very clear 4-5 inches from the mat.

There wear many matches at state so Jeperodized by the reffing jobs, that any better offciating colud have effected who may have been state champ or runner up this year.

The Dalton Evens-Travis Sullivan and John Golsby-Mitch Ervin matches are the most obvious two.

Where did you see the video of Sullivan and Evans?

Where did you see the video of Sullivan and Evans?

Go to search and type in "video state coverage". Click on the state highlight video link. The sight has updated it to something else and it's not the wrestling videos. So, scroll down a little and it has a list of events. Click on high school wrestling state. Then, you can choose from several videos featuring different weight classes. Each video has more than one weight. It should be the second video. I think the first one is awards. Not sure though.

Whoa. Thanks for pointing that out Titan. I never noticed that before. He was not even close to being stuck. He was way up off the mat.

When his shoulders go out of sight they are not down. After the ref smacks the mat Evans does NOT MOVE ONE INCH. He stays exactley where he is and when it comes into view he shoulders are waaaaaay off the mat. They hardly even below 90 degrees in reference to the mat. That position was barely one that should have been awarded nearfall. Let alone a pin.