Sign in to follow this  
dog101

next years best kids

someone that may be overlooked is sean johnson from lafayette wrestling 103. i think he's only a freshman this year. he is a beast, he is really strong, and is ranked top ten. thats good to be a freshman, even if most of the people at 103 are only freshman. if he works i see him having a great shot at placing next year, if not placing 8th or so this year.

Austin Jones of Christian County Middle shoud do well next year he has placed 5th at 110 ( 7th grade 2006) and 3rd at 124 ( 8th grade 2007) at middle school state. He qualified for high school state his seventh grade year (112).

I'll name some I think will be hard to beat next year:  Brent Hitchings, John Fahy, Matt Fahy, Shane White, Nick Paden, Lane Jones, Wade Holtsclaw, Drew Newberry, Clay Brown, Kevin Cooper, John Stout, Alex Murphy, JJ Jude, Brock Ervin, Logan Jones.  

Just a few of the young wrestlers that are very good coming up the ranks.

These 3 may not be state champions next year but watch out for them.

3rd grader Geordon Blanton of Johnson County - 5th @ 70 pounds

3rd grader David Rich of Gray - didn't place but excellent wrestler

3rd grader Johnny Meiman of Gray - 4th @ 75 pounds

These 3 are very young and talented.

Here are a few kids who have potential to be 2-4 time state champs in highschool ( unless they all run in to each other EVERY year).

-Brock Ervin 70lbs Union

-Garth Yenter 70lbs Cambell

-Chad Lampe-70lbs Fern Creek

-Logan Wedding- 75lbs Union

-John Fahy- 82lbs YKC

I think that Luke Troxell would have to be a kid to be watched next year at the middle school and high school level.  He is only a 7th grader as well

Unless he falls into that McCreary County curse next season.  Do they have anyone wrestling today? :?

Luke is a 7th grader--I think he has a GREAT wrestling career in front of him.  I also think Wade Holtsclaw will be a force in the future.  There are actually several great wrestlers at the middle school level--JJ Jude, the Fahy boys, Garth Yenter, the list could go on--Good luck to them all!

Ranger I agree with you on the mc curse if you will, however from knowing Lukes parents personally and knowing how much he loves the sport we are all so fond of he will not stray away from  his goals no matter what.  McCreary only had 5 kids I think to qualify for state. Looks like all of the missing practice finally cought up with the team.  But good luck to all at state.

The Lewis kid at 82 from McCreary looks like he can be better next year if works hard.Luke Troxell will be fine, a hard worker and a good kid too.

Vince lewis at 82 for McCreary has continually gotten better the last 2 years and I look forward to seeing him next year, He seems to be a very hard worker and has a good attitude about  wrestling and just overall loves the sport.