Sign in to follow this  
I-pinned-em-all

What state champ will be most dominant

Sullivan will pin throughout tourney at 103.

Wolsifer's closest match will be a major. 2/4 pins, 1 tech, 1 major

Stark's closest match will be a major. 3/4 pins.

Cooper, without Banks at 152, will tech or pin everyone.

Peace's closest match will be a major. 1 pin, 2 techs, 1 major

sullivan will not pin elliot. elliot is just too good now to get pinned, but i dont think that he'll win. sullivan will win in a close match. wolsifer or byrd will be the most dominate at state in terms of the score or their matches, but in terms of who will be in complete control for the entire match, every match, it will be ben warner. i dont see him ever in danger of losing a match at state, he will control every match he wrestles in from start to finish.

Sullivan won't pin through in my opinion, Elliot Martin will eat his legs alive before he ever thought about going upper body, this will slow the match down. I think he'll probably win, but he won't pin through.

I don't know what to say about starks, i dont know if he's even wrestled yet.

Cooper is a very solid wrestler, it COULD be possible for him to Maj-Dec. even banks. Not taking from banks, he is a very good wrestler as well.

Peace won't Major Jackson, i don't even think he'll beat him.

Wolsiefer in my opinion will dominate his class with most authority. he may only win by 6-8 points in a match or two, but the only points i see anyone scoring on him are escapes... and thats probably him letting them up.

I believe Banks is also a very solid wrestler not knocking Cooper but i truly believe Banks will beat him. throw Sheehan in the mix and man what a trio you have there.

I think Sullivan wins at 103 without worrying too much, but I hope the bracket doesn't fall in his favor and he has to go through the toughest guys to win it.

I like Peace and obviously think he will win it (I've had him #1 all year), but I don't see him majoring Jackson.

Warner is the man at 135, but Butler has shown he can hang with him.  He may never have threatened, but when the match is close anything can happen.

Starks will be tested by at least Jones.

My pick for the most dominant is Wolsiefer.  I think he will be pumped and ready to go and dominate everyone.  He will be close to all pins or techs.  I know Choate has hung in there with him, but I think John will take it to another level in Frankfort.

I think sullivan is permanately at 112. Jeff warra gave sullivan a very good match this weekend, losing 6-2. I predict it will be even closer next time. The clock ran down as he was about to score a second reversal.

In my opinion Starks will have the closest match of the state tournament with Mark Jones.

I think sullivan is permanately at 112. Jeff warra gave sullivan a very good match this weekend, losing 6-2. I predict it will be even closer next time. The clock ran down as he was about to score a second reversal.

So Sullivan is at 112 for the rest of the season

IMO the most dominant will be Josh Cooper at 152. 

Who has given him a close match this year?  He walked throught the NKAC untouched.  Pinning Golsby in the second but dominating him with little problems. 

Banks is a good/great wrestler but IMO not in Coopers league especially since he is just now starting his season.

IMO the most dominant will be Josh Cooper at 152. 

Who has given him a close match this year?  He walked throught the NKAC untouched.  Pinning Golsby in the second but dominating him with little problems. 

Banks is a good/great wrestler but IMO not in Coopers league especially since he is just now starting his season.

Cooper is a good/great wrestler too and I have a lot of respect for him (as I do for all of the Coopers), but I think you have to take into account last year when 145 was stacked, and after Courtney handled Cooper rather eaisly at the super duals, Cooper bailed out and went to a very weak 152 class (wxcept for Wolsifer). Courtney, Banks, Aylor, Wilson and others stuck it out to the end in one of the toughest weight classes ever. There are kids outside of Northern Kentucky who know how to wrestle too and I sometimes think you guys have it in your head because you are able to go to a few Ohio tournaments that the NK kids are just somehow better than everybody else. I will guarentee you that Banks and Ervin are well into Coopers league and I guess we'll just have to see if they are better. I think the last time Banks and Cooper met, Banks came out on top in that one and as for the injury, that could very well be a positive for him since he ought to be real fresh come next month and not all beat up from three months of wrestling, wrestling practice and weight cutting.

If I'm not mistaken Golsby wrestled Irvin this weekend and hung in there losing 10-3.  Granted it was almost a major but Golsby was not dominated like he was against Cooper.  Golsby looked to be in the match, but just could not get it together.  This is why I used another Nky wrestler.

OK,  I'll wait to see Banks but right now from what I saw Irving is nowhere near Cooper. 

Going to Ohio tourneys does not make Nky feel superior.  It's just closer to travel and usually better competition.  And Better competition almost always makes a team better.  In the 80's Christian Co. and Hopkinsville did the same thing by going to Missouri, which made Wky the top dogs of the 80's. 

but I think you have to take into account last year when 145 was stacked, and after Courtney handled Cooper rather eaisly at the super duals, Cooper bailed out and went to a very weak 152 class (wxcept for Wolsifer). Courtney, Banks, Aylor, Wilson and others stuck it out to the end in one of the toughest weight classes ever.

I'm not sure why this has to be taken into account.  

1.  He was only at 145 because Austin was at 152 and moved up when Austin moved to 160

2.  He was struggling with the weight all year

3.  He defeated Wilson at the NKAC

4.  This was last year and he did hang with Wolsiefer, if not for an end of the period lapse he would have been the state champion. (Yes I know, the same should be said about Banks, I blieve he should have won 145)

If I'm not mistaken Golsby wrestled Irvin this weekend and hung in there losing 10-3.  Granted it was almost a major but Golsby was not dominated like he was against Cooper.  Golsby looked to be in the match, but just could not get it together.  This is why I used another Nky wrestler.

OK,  I'll wait to see Banks but right now from what I saw Irving is nowhere near Cooper. 

Going to Ohio tourneys does not make Nky feel superior.  It's just closer to travel and usually better competition.  And Better competition almost always makes a team better.  In the 80's Christian Co. and Hopkinsville did the same thing by going to Missouri, which made Wky the top dogs of the 80's. 

i disagree, from what I saw golsby was handledby irving. I believe irving cut him loose 3 times and then dominated him on his feet.

I think there is enough depth at 152 that none of those guys will dominate the field.  I see Cooper, Banks, and Ervin all pretty equal with Sheehan, Golsby, and Hitchings close enough to make those guys work for the win.

As I said, I'm not disrespecting anybody here, just trying to defend these other kids in the state who work just as hard and wrestle just as tough competition as the NK kids do. I haven't seen Cooper this year either (since I didn't go to the super duals). I know Wheeler choked him til he passed out and he came back and pinned Wheeler who was bad out of shape. As far as the NK kids this year, Golsby has never really beaten any "quality" opponents, has he? I'm real impressed by Thueneman this year but apparently he's either not good enough or lacks the savvy to beat Courtney (0-2 this year). I don't know for sure if Cooper left 145 to go to 152 because of Austin or not, I do believe the three in Region 6 at 145 last year klind of took turns beating each other and I figured he was not wanting to risk losing a #1 seed at state, that's all.