Sign in to follow this  
Nike Man

New NCAA Flo Rankings

7 hours ago, crazyotto said:

Fausz remains #4 this week

Wow! Quite an accomplishment, especially in an absolutely stacked 125 weight class. Highest Kentucky ranking since Ruschell, right? 

• Upvote 1

Can't wait to see him on that podium in Cleveland. Great kid and great family.  I've spent more than my fair share of time picking Andy's brain over the years. Hope to continue to see Sean raise the bar for our young kids to aspire to. 

13 hours ago, Old wrestler said:

Wow! Quite an accomplishment, especially in an absolutely stacked 125 weight class. Highest Kentucky ranking since Ruschell, right? 

125 will be a meat grinder with Fausz right in the think of it. Hope to see him end up on the podium.

17 hours ago, wildcat2002 said:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/article/2018-01-18/college-wrestling-ncaa-releases-division-i-wrestling-coaches-panel

NCAA coaches rankings are out. 

Sean Fausz 3rd at 125

Nathan Boston 25th at 133

Hwt. Has 33 wrestlers named...no Austin Myers .

Hard to get ranked when you're not on the mat. Still think he can qualify for NCAA with a top 3 finish at MAC championships.  But right now I suspect he's more concerned with just making the lineup. His absence is puzzling since most expected a big jump forward his RS Soph year and 2nd full yr training with Mizzou. I'm guessing a nagging injury but who knows?

20 hours ago, wildcat2002 said:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/article/2018-01-18/college-wrestling-ncaa-releases-division-i-wrestling-coaches-panel

NCAA coaches rankings are out. 

Sean Fausz 3rd at 125

Nathan Boston 25th at 133

Hwt. Has 33 wrestlers named...no Austin Myers .

But he was UNDEFEATED in high school!!???

Doesn’t the NCAA know this!?

Those rankers don’t know anything about the sport.  Chris could outtrain any and all of them.  Even Brian Smith.

• Upvote 3

Regardless of whether Austin wins a national championship or never wrestles again, I genuinely hope he finishes his degree. Wrestling eventually ends for all of us, and a degree makes life a LOT easier. As with any Kentucky wrestler, I hope nothing but the best for Austin. We're a small group and we need to stick together. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Old wrestler said:

Regardless of whether Austin wins a national championship or never wrestles again, I genuinely hope he finishes his degree. Wrestling eventually ends for all of us, and a degree makes life a LOT easier. As with any Kentucky wrestler, I hope nothing but the best for Austin. We're a small group and we need to stick together. 

This +1

• Upvote 1