Mom of JHAL

BAN TOGETHER FOR BRANDON

Just want to make everyone aware that Brandon Reed is not being "allowed" to wrestle his senior year because he moved to a different school. I for one think that this is an OUTRAGE!! He is a kid that is LOVED by everyone that knows him and he had to move out of a difficult situation to better himself and he doesn't get to wrestle in return. Its not like he moved to a school that has several team championships. For him to work as hard as he does and be denied the chance to win a STATE TITLE his senior year seems a harsh punishment for something that he simply HAD TO DO. We need to BAN TOGETHER FOR BRANDON and let the KHSAA know that this kid DESERVES to wrestle and have a chance to win a single state championship and let him know that we will fight for him when no one else will. So lets give him some support and GET HIM TO STATE!!!!

• Upvote 1

I don't understand either because on multiple media outlets he has said that HE has CHOSEN to forgo wrestling his Sr year and train with College teams and at open practices in order to prepare for Nat comps such as Fargo and Flo .Why would he say it was his choice and make everyone wonder why he chose to not wrestle and train with college teams when it was in fact because of a move ???

Something is a bit off on this whole subject.

• Upvote 1

Yeah 2 different stories here as for the move KHSAA has allowed kids who didn't move at all for plenty of reasons good and bad when parents and kids just lied and said parents divorced or other lies to justify and was allowed when everyone knew it not to be true including the districts some should have been denied and wasn't so this seems really strange. So would like to see what is the real story here and hope the kid does wrestle somewhere if he wants.

Heck yeah they have even kept kids from wrestling most of the year only allowing them to wrestle at regionals after a move and made them wrestle at pre Xmas weights at higher weight classes  even though they have weighed in at a lower weights even before Xmas which was BS BUT in the end did the right thing and let them wrestle !! IM SURE Reed who is a 3 X state placer can and could wrestle this year at state if he's at a school with a team NOW the real issue on a bigger scale is I don't think k your allowed to practice with college teams then compete against High Schoolers in tge regular season although I have seen it in the past in other states .

Again I saw and read and so have others that HE has chosen not to wrestle in state or for his school not that he is being kept from it .I too hope he wrestles at state and it's odd because any kids 1st goal in the sport is usually a state title and while he is state title /champ caliber he still has not won one .so placing at Fargo in a style or flow or anything else will not mean anything next to that title unless he wins a Fargo or Nhsca or flow title which he is capable of but has not really came that close to doing yet .

• Upvote 1

The rules are simple if there is a legitimate move by the family, a student may participate for the district they have moved into. 

I think the problem in many cases is that even if the kid is 18 and he only moves the move is not legitimate, it must be the family.  

I looked into this for a kid about 4-5 years ago. The family was unable to move but the 18 year old kid wanted to move into another district.  KHSAA said he would be ineligible if the family or his last guardian did not live in the district.  

He is eligible to wrestle somewhere, at the very least the last school he wrestled for. 

If his legal guardian is in his school district he should be allowed to wrestle ?If he is his own legal guardian same thing ?

Thing is he seems to have made the decision himself....

• Upvote 1

Even though he is 18 and considered an adult it still doesn't allow him to make his own residence.  He would have to go thru the courts and be emancipated from his parents.  That is a long process and they don't just do that for any reason.  I know someone who did this a few years ago.

Heck if those two NKY kids were allowed to wrestle when they transferred after the school year started to a team that had a legit chance at a state title, then Brandon should be able to wrestle as well. Come on KHSAA, be consistent!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not sure the details, but from what I assume, these are why he's not eligible 

If he's living alone, it doesn't meet the first bylaw, has to have atleast 1 parent. 

And if he was emancipated, that still doesn't meet the bylaws

Screenshot_2016-11-18-14-42-31-1.png

Screenshot_2016-11-18-14-43-22-1.png

If he is not living with his parents, then couldn't he be considered homeless under the McKinney-Veto Act. I think that is the one, but that might change his eligibility.

Of course he should be and we all want him to .Was he kicked out ?did he move in with his harem ? Did one of his legal guardians move with him .IF not it shouldn't be a big deal to get some for of custody for whoever he lives with so they can be his guardian and no it isn't that darn hard the father of those two nky kids who tore a path through north and south had custody of other kids before lol and of you take the wrong tone he might go get some more and spread terror all across the bluegrass again .Oh never mind the Force is strong in CC and Now WV lol.

I never saw Brandon post anywhere that he wasn't allowed to wrestle is the thing only that he wasn't going to .

Maybe they will just make him wrestle up a class and only after the regular season and make him not allowed in any practice room all year like they did thise two demons who wrecked havoc from Missouri to WV and Ohio to the volunteer state .Looking forward to seeing the phenom walk out at swowca and set in a chair in the house he spread horror through hahaha.

I'm sure this can be resolved Brandon needs a title has trained for it but still has to get it He's been stopped a few xs let's make sure he gets there he's a good good kid and worker even if he does live closer to Louisville than Campbell County :) 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Heck if those two NKY kids were allowed to wrestle when they transferred after the school year started to a team that had a legit chance at a state title, then Brandon should be able to wrestle as well. Come on KHSAA, be consistent!

UK;  Its kind of like the thought on gun control.  People want to pass laws to restrict gun ownership.  This will work for those who will follow the law.  Those who want to bend or break the law will always find a way. 

Just in case you are wondering I don't own a gun, but I am NOT for gun control. 

• Upvote 1

lets get something straight folks ,The school those two NKY kids came from were lucky they did get to wrestle because they broke quite a few rules from football coaches to wrestling coaches and team moms abusing their authority as well as a lying principal and AD at GC always funny some but sore loser bringing up the past trying to take a knock when they should be saying the opposite ,Those boys should have never had to set out a day and a few coaches should have got the AX ,regardless desire overcame adversity and they ended up where they should have with a coach who had morals as well as compassion for his wrestlers ,and oh yeah The precious hahahahahah

that 189 and 0 would have been well over 200 and who knows a couple of brothers got cheated out of a couple months of  very important inn season training time that they deserved more than any of their detractors or anyone on their teams ever did so who broke the rules and who got cheated those two NKY boys who gave more back to THEIR  states High School rep and honor  than most  if not any or any who tried to stop them and they still are giving back, now bow down and give thanks and beg for forgiveness for poking the Bear and talking bad about the King of the jungle and the Phenom you ungrateful unknowing unwrestling educated message board  bandwagon jumping sore loser lol and apologize for your state and coaches schools and principals and ads abusing their authority and two very very good hard working kids for a bit , all good the khsaa made the right call even if a bit late although some coaches and principals and staff out at GC should have been reprimanded and handed walking papers .

like to see a football coach try to jerk ATM around over and over now all because he was embarrassd over getting his but kicked on the mat by a freshman, or a wrestling coach kick two kids one a double aa  and state champ  and the other a future double aa  and 4 x champ out of a room because he says their mom gave his daughter a mean look lol  seriously and of course the football coaches wrestling coaches are no longer there and in their place are people who are friends of those nky boys who have asked them to come coach lol .but those nky boys are still involved in the sport ...right

So many so quick to hate and so many not knowing a single thing about the facts just like now with Reed ,

Let him  wrestle if he wants bottom line .

• Upvote 1

and bulldog leader if you are implying someone broke the rules look in the mirror people would have fits if they knew some of the antics you pulled they would burn you at the stake

• Upvote 1

Tell the world the rules you think I may have broken.  I know of none.  I went correct route and lost.  So be it.  I never threatened law suit or any of the such.  I have nothing to fear, gain, or lose on something that is now in the past. 

All OF THEM .

WHY DO PEOPLE POST ABOUT THINGS THEY KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT ..

UK PRIDE WRESTLER WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THOSE TWO BOYS FROM NKY WHO TRANSFERRED MID SEASON AND THEIR SITUATION ?NOTHING THAT'S WHAT ALL YOU Know IS THEY KICKED BUTT AND YOU AND BULLDOG LEADER ARE A PAIR OF MESSAGE BOARD TROLLS WHO ARE AROUND wrestling but for all you do and have done in the sport you might as well be a pair of soccer mom's .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Boy that pee wee mind of yours can take things and twist them in ways that no one else sees. Oh well Tarzan, Beastboy, or whatever else you want to call yourself.  Go back to your dreamland and read more comic books.  

OH and that kid you speak about is a better man than I am because he would never have done what I wished he would have done.  He is also twice the man you would ever wish to be.  

I'm done with you.  I'm scrapping you off the bottom of my shoe and throwing you out the window. 

I apologize to the rest of you who had to read this crap.

• Upvote 2

Yeah well you can put a halo on yourself but everyone knows what you did and said and no one said anything about your boy he just lost a wrestle off which drove you insane and he blew weight which made a much better harder working wrestler have to stay down in weight until the week before state  in order for his team to have a full squad .And since you being a coach of so many years and a part of the great cc super team of way back couldn't manage to have your son drop 3 lbs in a week and you Posted on this very forum that you would have your son wrestle to win but would tell him not to score any bonus if he had the opportunity just to hurt the team A team you brag about being on in its greatest glory day and you were a coach on I hardly think you are or were above having your son blow weight in one way or the other .

And by the way that old fart team you and some of the old timers claim was the best ever the one you were a water boy on  is and was a joke compared to 2012.in deeds in HS and after think about it you and those old goofs from way back in cc talk and act like your team was better than a team that has 3 D1 wrestlers and about as many wrestlers in other divisions on it .I would dare say that that team with those 2 nky transfers on it  produced the best wrestlers of any team EVER in ky history one team 3 D1 guys starters another naia nat qualifier and another naia starter end of story Stick a fork in every other cc team in history all they seemed to produce was a cheating lying dirty unmoralistic coach who's kid couldn't stand him and has to blame a pair of transfers lol for all his own failures .As for that boy or you being better than me lol I know who I am and what I have done and what those around me that I have helped have done before making comparisons you should measure yourself or whoever your using as a stand in for you against it and you will find that you in fact are the poo on the bottom of MY shoes.

And apologizing and trying to look like a victim is is awesome but let's face it it won't be too long till some troll tries to poke this bear and you jump on that bandwagon with them again and maybe I bite or maybe not but until then know this .

You or UK pride wrestler or wildcat or anyone else who hates and  knocks on my house have never done a single thing in any sport that compares to me or anyone I have helped over the years.

Your only claims to any success are by association due to attacking your betters on message boards hahahaha.

NOW GET READY I DONT KNOW IF THEY STILL LET YOU COACH BUT IT WILL BE FUNNY WHEN THE TRANSFER LOL I TRAINED AND COACHED FOR YEARS THE SAME ONE WHO LED AND HELPED LEAD YOUR OWN ALMA MATERS TEAM TO IT'S GREATEST YEAR EVER AND OUTSCORED EVERY KID IN THE STATE AND A HOST OTHER ACCOMPLISHMENTS ON YOUR AND TWO OTHER TEAMS NO ONE EVER CAME CLOSE TO ,SETS ACROSS FROM YOU IN A CHAIR AND SHOWS HOW LITTLE YOU KNOW IN THE SPORT.

The sad fact is I can walk around town with people thinking I might be a crazy old sports dad but my kids kick but But you walk around town with the legacy of being the coach and former wrestler who betrayed his team and tried to have two of the best wrestlers in the history of the state barred from competing even though it brought a state title to your school put a state ring on your sons  hand and you threatened to have him sabotage his own team and the next year he pretty much did just that .

Truly disgusting .

• Upvote 1

Just over dramatizing it helps create interest even though it's true and sad .

LIKE TO HEAR IT FROM THE THE HORSES MOUTH WHAT IS GOING ON WITH BRANDON ONLY THEN COULD ANYONE HAVE A CLEAR THOUGHT ON THE SUBJECT ,HOPEFULLY HE GETS TO WRESTLE .

• Upvote 1