Sign in to follow this  
45badboy

hardest region

Region 3 may not be the most stacked region but it is a toss up every year.  There aren't really any teams that have good wrestlers at every weight.  Some teams are strong at heavier weights and some are stronger in the light weights.  This is the reason why no one has this region locked this year.  :?

i meant most competive. in my oppinion it would be region 7 individual but team it would have to be what ever region union co is in they are an all around strong team. i expect them to be top 3 in state.

how do you see oldham and easterns region as the hardest team region??? enlighten me.

OC, South, North, Eastern.... all tough teams both individual and dual.  Then you have Fern Creek. 

Guest wrestler92

It definitely isn't the eastern jeff co.  Those are good teams but central jefferson has...Trinity, St. X., Seneca, Central and Moore....that passes up eastern jeff.  But I would say their is probably a harder one out in the state. 

This topic comes up every year and it's always the same type of discussion.  You got region 6 and 7 which are by far the toughest in the state as far as having the most quality and outstanding wrestlers.

Being from region 6 I can honestly say that last year this statement was probably not true.  Yes we did produce some good talent, Peace, Reid, Thuenerman, Cooper.  But the depth was not what it has been in the past.

I'm not sure what region will be tough this year.  I like to wait and see, before making a prediction.  We only know who is comming back, but we don't know how much they have improved.

Even though the top teams will probably be the same year in and year out, the parity in the individuals have gotten closer.  Most teams have a few kids competing for the top 3 spots.  This makes every region tougher.  Example:  The region 3 teams have not been able to compete as teams for the top 3 spots, but their individuals are able to.  This is due to the hard work of those kids that stay our for the team and push themselves to win a title, even when their team is not able to compete for the title.

I would have to put region 2 near the top with schools like larue, north, john,anderson

I see this region with alot of placers as individual's as well as 2 or three very good teams. The region crown is up for grabs this year I think larue has come back to the crowd a little this year. I think they will still be very tough with that great middle school program but maybe a year or two away from dominating again. I see john being much improved as well as anderson and you can never count out north with guy's like jones,wolf,demery,wood,wilder. I think this will be a very exciting region to watch

Being from region 6 I can honestly say that last year this statement was probably not true.  Yes we did produce some good talent, Peace, Reid, Thuenerman, Cooper.  But the depth was not what it has been in the past.

I'm not sure what region will be tough this year.  I like to wait and see, before making a prediction.  We only know who is comming back, but we don't know how much they have improved.

Even though the top teams will probably be the same year in and year out, the parity in the individuals have gotten closer.  Most teams have a few kids competing for the top 3 spots.  This makes every region tougher.   Example:  The region 3 teams have not been able to compete as teams for the top 3 spots, but their individuals are able to.   This is due to the hard work of those kids that stay our for the team and push themselves to win a title, even when their team is not able to compete for the title.

I agree grappler.  Region 6 has been down (relatively speaking) and Region 3 is producing some great individuals.  I always go back to points scored by region.  All regions start out on a level playing field qualifying their top 4 guys at each weight (ignoring the lottery fill in process).  That said here are the points by region the last couple years:

Region    Points

7 510.5

5 476.5

2 376.5

6 375

8 345.5

4 325.5

1 321

3 196

Region    Points

7 479.5

5 428.5

2 418.0

4 361.0

6 346.0

8 306.0

1 289.5

3 236.5

Looks pretty obvious that Region 7 and Region 5 were the class of the state in 2006 and Region 2 was up there in 2007.  Using the same theory and my projected points here is my region ranking as they stand today:

Region 7 will be tough as usual.  Region 6 is improved as is Region 4.  Right now it looks like Region 5 is down the most, but those Oldham county schools always seem to find kids that can come out of nowhere and compete so I wouldn't count them out yet.

he just said that we are top three

know one is saying anthing about region 4 we got St.X Trinity secenca Moore all of these teams have kids ranked to place.