CUTiger184

2016-17 College Commitments/Signings

TIGERS OR COWBOYS MISSOURI was very kind to him and has shown interest all along I'm sure that's where he would have been had the offer been right before and I think it's probably improved since last yr sometimes a team only has so much at certain times good thing he red shirted and we fought them pulling his redshirt  now he still has four full years to offer a school and has some experience with more wins than any redshirt fresh  heavy in college.Not sure where he ends up just got released fri.

WV had 12 big recruits last year only has 3 of the 12 left now I wish them luck losing kids and coaches as they do they have some kinks to work out hope they do big blow to Austin being recruited so hard by Dom Bradley and him being gone when Austin arrived last summer then them losing Tyler Caldwell whom he had worked with as well as scores of his teammates .feel sorry for them all.

On the brighter side I think he will end up on a top five to ten team who will help him become the wrestler who can help them become a better Team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

TIGERS OR COWBOYS MISSOURI was very kind to him and has shown interest all along I'm sure that's where he would have been had the offer been right before and I think it's probably improved since last yr sometimes a team only has so much at certain times good thing he red shirted and we fought them pulling his redshirt  now he still has four full years to offer a school and has some experience with more wins than any redshirt fresh  heavy in college.Not sure where he ends up just got released fri.

WV had 12 big recruits last year only has 3 of the 12 left now I wish them luck losing kids and coaches as they do they have some kinks to work out hope they do big blow to Austin being recruited so hard by Dom Bradley and him being gone when Austin arrived last summer then them losing Tyler Caldwell whom he had worked with as well as scores of his teammates .feel sorry for them all.

On the brighter side I think he will end up on a top five to ten team who will help him become the wrestler who can help them become a better Team.

Very interesting. Not sure what is going on at W Va. Wrestling is different from other collegiate sports in that kids move quite a bit, but there seems to be an inordinate amount of kids leaving Sammie's program. Both OK State and Mizzou are in need of a HWT (not sure that Shafer is the answer at OSU amid chatter about Marsden moving up, Mizzou Romero is sitting at #92). 

• Upvote 1

Okl St has Anderson who had verballed to Mizzou coming in Not sure how it turns out but Missouri showed interest in Austin before and flew him out for one of his visits I don't think Anderson is on Austins level he never approached his rankings or made it to him in any major tourneys as far as Fargo goes ,Missouri has Campbell from Ohio committed after next yr he's a high caliber kid not sure he is Austin caliber but  could make for some good upper weights at Mizzou for a while .

There are some other teams in need of heavies but a top 5 or 10 team would be hard to pass up if the offer was good and he already has one better than WV offered him .Okl state has a lot of possible heavies a few who can move up and Anderson but none I see as promising as Austin for 4 years.

Either of those teams with a heavy who can make ncaas over the next few years a few xs moves up the ladder a bit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, coachteater said:

Angel Vasquez and Logan Erdman to Campbellsville!  Congratulations to those young men

Very proud to have two of the states best attending my alma mater in the fall. Campbellsville will be tough next year. Congratulations to each student athlete who will be continuing their career at the next level. 

• Upvote 3

Yes you do ,the past is past ,He wanted to go to Mizzou from the start they just didn't have the scholarships at the time now they do and it's all but a done deal .I wish WV luck and as I'm sure people will point fingers at Austin to cut all that off I suggest they look at who has left and been let go this past yr They lost Dom Bradley who recruited Austin heavily before Austin Even arrived and have lost or cut 9 out of the original dirty dozen big recruiting class .It's not the state or the school that's the problem but I will leave it at that .

Now Mizzou being ranked very high was in need of a heavy after Anderson bailed on his verbal and went to okl st. I Think Missouri makes out like a bandit on the deal .They are ranked very high hopefully Austin will add to their team they are deep in almost every weight except heavy and even there that have a couple big boys they just hired a new heavy coach former Tiger and MAC champ Devin Melon and Dom Bradley lives down the road :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Congrats Austin! There's no justification needed for why the kid did what he thought was best for his collegiate career. He hasn't broken any rules or anything. Best of luck to him. 

Missouri also has Dante coming in, younger brother of a good friend of mine. Would like to see him and Austin go at it a bit. I was hoping to see both of them starting soon but then they had to go and end up at the same team.

Would've loved to see Austin as a Cowboy but it seems like Missouri is where he wanted to be.

They may have wrestled at Fargo last yr but Jiovennata won greco and didn't wrestle Freestyle .I'll take Austin he's not 220 anymore lol Campbell from Eds has verballed to Missou as well they should have alot of upperweights for a while .Osu would have been  cool to Missouri flew Austin out last yr I'm sure the fact they showed him love before had a lot to do with it.

Saw Jiovennetta wrestle isley who Austin beat last yr in freestle by a few he won 2 to 1 in greco .Isley will be in the MAC to looking to be a tough conference I thought Austin Isley and Odigisuwa were the top three heavies last yr with Austin not moving up till after flo nationals and isley wresgling mostly 220 as well I think those two were actually better mat guys and wrestlers than the bigger Odigisuwa or Vough ,jiovanetta is a great greco guy and it should make for some frustrating goes but a 260 or 270 lb Austin this yr is not a 230 or 240 lber who just piled on weight quickly to not get shoved around like last yr .

Its going to be fun Austin will probably be the first person jiovennetta has ever wrestled who  can and will try to shoot him and launch him through the air sise will not matter to Austin he wrestled some 285 lbers this year and shot them the only difference is jiovanetta isnt 6 ,5.

• Downvote 1