Ranger123

2016 State Tournament Ranger Report follow-up

3 hours ago, Nike Man said:

Oshenbein was the MAN of the State Tournament....period. Not Saul, not AJ, not Ryan, but Dallas! The kid peaked at the right time and earned himself a Championship. Ryan will be fine. I see 2 gold medals in his future. Saul is Saul. Everyone knows what he is capable of doing. His MOW is coming without a doubt. AJ, don't build yourself up to be the bad guy and then hate and get mad when your called out or booed for being the bad guy. That's the role you chose, embrace it. And as far as the Nature Boy goes, in the great words of T-Rex, "if you ever see me fighting a bear, you better stop and help the bear!" Haha!

Usually me looking like the bad guy comes from being triggered by someones dumb comments. Not saying its right to fire back and if i do that at my job id be fired. But on here. I could give a crap less about it.had ranger not tried to make an excuse for me nothing would have been said. I simply one because i was the better wrestler that day period. 

Lol read my post again bud. Never did i say i disagreed with dallas getting ow. I told my dad i would give it to him. I knew i wasnt going to get it. Not because i didn't wrestle the best. Or have the toughest weight class. Because i did. The award is usually based on popularity and attitude. That being said. I still won. Float like a butterfly sting like a bee....

NATURE BOY. I do thank you for your kind words and for coming up to me at state and congratulating me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You wrestled well and did your thing you deserved it.

As for the OW I'm not knocking anyone by any means a state champ is a state champ but if it was awarded by a strict code or system for performance /wins vs quality opponents in a quality Field AJ would have won the OW hands down .He won a class with more upper class men and beat a returning multi X Champ in a class with 2 state champs one signed to a D1 school and with other former placers in the class .In almost any state ,say in Ohio He would have won the MOW without question with some love maybe going to the 8th grade champ who wouldn't even be I'm the tournament in most states .The build up of the class the hype and the actual talent in it tells the story .With Frankrone out it was all eyes on them for ow ,Scheme in performed extremely well and won a rough class with 2 outstanding soph and a 2 outstanding jrs but at 120 and him being a Sr it's level was not up to  Ajs weight class  .Not taking anything from anyone or harping it is what it is .I saw a fresh 220 beat a class with all srs on rhe podium but him and a returning champ he skunked in the finals and not win and another kid the same year get 4 pins a tech in finals not give up a td get the fastest pin and most pin least X award and to be honest should have broke the fastest pin ever in the state record both these guys wrestled up and we're not even allowed to wrestle the two months prior to regional and neither was Considered ,It isn't always fair by any means and it has to do with coaches feelings outside the sport and a little bit of past performance probably should go into the judging depending on how you look at it .Either way I'm the type who would have simply laughed at all the bs talk and chalked all that crap up as part of the game .In other words I would feel like a real wu $$# if I let a high school kids txts or smack talk influence how I voted on an OW award based on performance .No one really knows what anyone they see wrestle has gone through or why they seem or act as they do or why they say this or that all you know for sure is where they end up on a podium and who they went through to get there .Doesn't matter now it's a done deal but AJ won the toughest class at state and worked hard on and of the mat to do it he waged a war on different levels than anyone else I have seen in ky ever do ,he waged a modern war physical and mental and on the battle field of the mind he nuked everyone .haha haha I love it he's a mad dog .

• Downvote 1

Literally every single year there is an argument over MOW. Every champion is outstanding, and every placer is very good. Let's just congratulate the kids, and move on. 

Looking forward; does anyone touch Zane Brown for the next 3 years? He is an awesome kid and I know this is the wrong thought process but a small part of me just hopes that he can grow a lot physically in the summer and avoid Sheffer. 

I DON'T  THINK ANYONE WAS TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM ANYONE AND GAVE EVERYONE THEIR PROPS,JUST GIVING OPINIONS ,it's pretty much what a forum is .A few kids could have won .

But I didn't see any that could hang with the Bear except maybe Young.

Coach Carr wrestled a bear one time when he was younger I think.

One of my college coaches told us he fought an orangutang once a long time ago.  He says the orangutang wrapped its leg around the pole of the cage in the corner and waved my coach over.  Once it got ahold of him he said it hit him over and over again with a basically a hammer fist but with an open hand.  Apparently their hands and wrists are huge.  He said it was so brutal the trainers had to tranquilize it to stop from doing permanent damage.  All this happened in a minute or two.  I think I'd rather fight a black bear than a monkey honestly.

I guess it depends on the size of the bear .The only monkey that could hang with the bear Me and Shear wrestled was named Kong as in King Kong .Bears paws /arms are strange in that they are like Sickles they wrap around things in an unnatural way this bear grabbed my leg and it seemed like his whole arm bent and wrapped around my leg like his bones were elastic .And I could have ran a monkey through a wall but not this bear.Monkeys are mean after seeing how one ripped a lady's face off I wouldn't mess with one .This bear was cool as heck no muzzle and claws and all .He was an intelligent creature on a side not I would never hunt such a noble creature unless it meant life or death .Now alligators I have never wrestled but have been. Attacked by one .I would kill every last one of Em on the planet hate those basta $! $$.

3 hours ago, 385 said:

Literally every single year there is an argument over MOW. Every champion is outstanding, and every placer is very good. Let's just congratulate the kids, and move on. 

there can be only one MOST outstanding wrestler.  just sayin.

anyone who has talked to a Fern Creek wrestler in the last 2 years now knows exactly what they've been dealing with.

Moore is a stud, no doubt by the time his career is finished his accolades will far outnumber those of mouthy kids who get team points deducted for dancing after winning a 2nd round match against some over-matched young kid.

lol at Rob Boston taking credit for Dallas' huge performance at state. doesn't that guy have a coaching staff to harass or another asst coach job to lose in one month?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, WristControl said:

anyone who has talked to a Fern Creek wrestler in the last 2 years now knows exactly what they've been dealing with.

Moore is a stud, no doubt by the time his career is finished his accolades will far outnumber those of mouthy kids who get team points deducted for dancing after winning a 2nd round match against some over-matched young kid.

lol at Rob Boston taking credit for Dallas' huge performance at state. doesn't that guy have a coaching staff to harass or another asst coach job to lose in one month?

If you wanna throw jabs at me. Why not just personal message me. Your a real man arnt you. Fern creek isnt aj. They dont take blame for my actions. Ive always been hardheaded. Nobody else on the team is like me lets not take them into blame. Always hating. Prolly some old jealous has been that never sniffed a title.

And anyone who has came up and talked to me on a personal level away from when im in the zone. Would tell you im a pretty nice person. Im friendly. And polite. Until i get slighted. Never a bad sport after a loss. Never have i backed down from anyone. But yet im this horrible person because i got swagger to me for those 6 minutes that says im the baddest mf here. While that may or may not be true. Its an attitude i carry

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

59 minutes ago, WristControl said:

Oh No you dint.

8 hours ago, WristControl said:

Ok, I'll take that bait. The only thing I have seen from Rob Boston in regards to Dallas' state performance was "Congratulations Dallas". If you're referring to something else then I'm unaware. But by all of my accounts he is a pretty selfless coach and he, along with tons of other coaches and wrestlers in the ETC room, have helped drastically improve the stock of wrestling in Ky. If I were him I would pack up and move to Ames, but he stays here and helps tons of kids get better and accomplish their individual goals. There's not much more to be said than that I don't think. To berate another grown man behind the guise of a profile on the Internet is pretty juvenile to me. Even AJ has identified himself before he did his degrading. 

• Upvote 2

Rob knows who doesn't like him. He intentionally prods and harasses those who he thinks have slighted him in the past. That's why his mouth nearly got him in trouble at state tournament and it soon will if he keeps up his antics. I'm sure ETC is a great training facility. Never said otherwise. I'm referring to his nasty comments, sometimes racist and completely inappropriate ways he speaks to certain wrestlers (these are 16-17 yr old kids keep in mind) who he feels haven't given him enough credit or are challengers to some of his ETC kids.  I don't care if everyone thinks I'm being petty or inappropriate in a public forum. I'm tired of it and I want others that only see him as an asset to KY wrestling to know who he really is. Ask some of the most respected, accomplished coaches in the state if they've had issues with him and you'll quickly hear stories that will make you sick. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

18 hours ago, WristControl said:

Blah blah blah. I havent always been robs biggest fan but no one person can argue what hes doing for ky wrestling is anything less than great. It would also be great if you wouldnt hind behind a screen name and bash these kids your speaking of. Im not denying rob probably saying some awful things to people in his lifetime. But damn atleast it came from his mouth man to man. (doesnt make it right) 

If you arnt man enough to post who you are, you shouldnt complain in the first place.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's funny that Rob was brought up during all of this reckless forum talk. As someone who has practiced in the same room as both of them for a while now, sometimes when both of them are at that practice, I can tell you guys that they are very similar in a bunch of ways. They are very good at what they do, but they have a hard time helping some people because of their mouths. There is no reason to take anything away from AJ just because he pops off with his mouth sometimes, it doesn't make him any less of a wrestler. Same with Rob, just because his mouths turns some people away it doesn't make his coaching any worse. I've talked to more coaches than any referee or coach, and trust me, I've heard all the stories, about AJ and Rob. I'm not going to lie, a bunch of them make me shake my head out of slight disappointment. But I also know first hand how great of people they can be if you get past their mouths. They have both helped me in every way they could for the past 2 1/2 years when I needed it most. You're not going to like, agree, or even be able stand everyone you meet, but that's life, so can we please just let all this bs go? AJ is a state champ, Rob is a great coach, they both have quite the mouths on them, and I'm tired of reading petty beef on a sports discussion forum. 

• Upvote 7

Nature Boy I'm going to miss you next year. You are a blast, don't ever change who you are for nobody.  And Ranger, You'll be glad to know that Collin is healed and has signed to play football at Georgetown.Looking forward to that. 

Well the Internet is big it reaches across states ,time and space you will not be far no need to miss anything , I know I'm wrong at times just not on any wrestling Forums :)jk 

Well the Internet is big it reaches across states ,time and space you will not be far no need to miss anything , I know I'm wrong at times just not on any wrestling Forums :)jk 

And seriously have you ever been to the zoo and seen a bear throw poo on anyone ,Nooooooo  Monkeys throw poooo and pea on people they don't like who the heck wants to wrestle a monkey

On March 7, 2016 at 11:42 PM, Ranger123 said:

Have it ready. Just want to review it with a few more eyes before releasing it. 

Bumppppp :P

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 3:11 PM, TECHnWIN said:

If you wanna throw jabs at me. Why not just personal message me. Your a real man arnt you. Fern creek isnt aj. They dont take blame for my actions. Ive always been hardheaded. Nobody else on the team is like me lets not take them into blame. Always hating. Prolly some old jealous has been that never sniffed a title.

And anyone who has came up and talked to me on a personal level away from when im in the zone. Would tell you im a pretty nice person. Im friendly. And polite. Until i get slighted. Never a bad sport after a loss. Never have i backed down from anyone. But yet im this horrible person because i got swagger to me for those 6 minutes that says im the baddest mf here. While that may or may not be true. Its an attitude i carry

sadly, it so easy to hate us old has been's . Congrats AJ.  Don't fret the mow, that's not only a popularity contest it's also a political one at times too. And Also Congrats to Dallas. I for one did not see you coming out of that bracket with the gold. Good Job guy's 

On March 6, 2016 at 10:16 PM, Ranger123 said:

Ok, after hours and hours of bracket review and editing commentary, here it is.  So much more we would like to discuss and review, but we don't want to make the KHSAA look quite so bad HA HA HA.  We tried to add a little fun into this one, so enjoy.  We've been slacking on the videos, so if dutch can get healthy we HAVE to get one out.

Ranger report 2016 FOLLOW UP.pdf

Ranger, do you have a form with the rankings of the Final state championships (a post-state rankings form besides the pre-state rankings & the pre-preseason rankings forms)?

Thanks!