Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2015/2016 - FEBRUARY 10

Not to sound like a jerk but, if he deserves to be ranked, he'll prove it this weekend. Ranger's rankings are not carved in stone, nor are they perfect. I'll one up GOO and say once you get past the top 10, it's just some other guys that are on the radar. Maybe Ranger should only rank the top 10 and then the rest can be labeled as "contenders" or "up and coming" that way no one is arguing over 16th and 17th, or whatever the case may be.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

Not to sound like a jerk but, if he deserves to be ranked, he'll prove it this weekend. Ranger's rankings are not carved in stone, nor are they perfect. I'll one up GOO and say once you get past the top 10, it's just some other guys that are on the radar. Maybe Ranger should only rank the top 10 and then the rest can be labeled as "contenders" or "up and coming" that way no one is arguing over 16th and 17th, or whatever the case may be.

d3wrestle.com does that. You have contenders and then honorable mention

http://www.d3wrestle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Ranking_9_20160210.pdf

RANKINGS ,over time help make or brake " some" kids mentally OR annoy those around kids who will have impact on that kid or wrestler it all depends on the situation or the kid some kids hear it over and over and believe others laugh at them knowing they mean little .

And it's not always rankers are good guys and complainers are bad not that that's the case with some any or any at all its just the facts of life .I have seen it forever from youth up some kids get the extra nod for whatever reason others get shoved under the rug until they open the door and throw the rug out and do it over and over .

• Upvote 3

I didn't activate an account to complain. The facts are that we as adults are not the only ones that look at the ranks and ask why.  I challenge anyone on this post to logically argue why a ranked wrestler that consistently loses to another unbanked wrestler still is tanked.  Do the home work or don't rank past 5.

Well ......that is a possibility if a ranked guy loses to an unranked guy all the time but beats ranked guys that that person loses to it makes sense some people do not match up well against others it's the total body of work that rankings should be based on.

17 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

Have you guys looked at the state brackets? They are a mess. The seeds at 145 make no sense. The number 1 guy is 24?

They do not seed state tournament,  it's random draw

2 hours ago, Knob said:

I didn't activate an account to complain. The facts are that we as adults are not the only ones that look at the ranks and ask why.  I challenge anyone on this post to logically argue why a ranked wrestler that consistently loses to another unbanked wrestler still is tanked.  Do the home work or don't rank past 5.

Ok I will take a few precious free moments to waste my time on a response. 

1 - first I challenge you to get yourself educated before you start this debate; you want to spout off with an attitude you better know what you are talking about

2 - you think you can do better then I challenge you to have at it; as many who try can tell you it ain't easy. Sure it sounds simple to say base it on results, but as you have already referenced not all coaches do a very good job of reporting results in a timely manner and even the guys who do this for a living will tell you results can often be very contradictory

3 - let me repeat something I often have to remind folks over the years. You remember the one good kid your kid has beat and conveniently ignore the losses such as unranked Grabow, Henry, Gadd, Andreoni, Seibert, Murrer on top of losses to #21 Husseini and #24 Caggiano. On top of that it looks like Manns is his only ranked win. Manns also has some unranked losses (including Lundy) but has multiple wins over kids who beat Lundy and a win over Metcalf

4 - bottom line if you don't like it don't read it

Hey Ranger, just wondering if you have ever considered my suggestion from earlier. Only rank the top 10 and then list 10 or so contenders (in no particular order.) It may even lighten your load a little. Just a though..

• Upvote 2

Give ranger a pay raise and maybe he'll be able to quit his job and do nothing but rankings. But that still won't change the afore mentioned unranked losses your kid has that you're ignoring. I will never understand the idiots who take personally what someone does out of the kindness of his or her heart. Even if your kid does get ranked 20th... Congrats... That's not gonna bring home a medal from state.

• Upvote 3

I don't know you personally ranger, but it seems like you're pissing in the wind with some of the people.  I want to tell you thanks for all your unpaid hard work!! I'm sure you would enjoy going home and not look at the outcome of 500 tournaments, and maybe even spend some well deserved time with the family,  but you keep trucking on. I wish the best for you and your family, good job this year ranger, and again, thank you!! 

• Upvote 3

I know he lost to him at the 5 star.  He figured about how to keep a wrestler from stalling and dominated him at Woodford Invitational.  I could care less whether Lundy is ranked on your post.  My point from the beginning is that these rankings appear more based on name recognition and less on outcome.  What about Dallas O?  I have watched him dominate Tucker twice this year.  Just asking this forum be straight forward about how kids are being ranked.