Sign in to follow this  
ManBearPig

Team KY at fargo

Casey Cornett had a good run at Fargo, finished 5-2 overall. Not too bad for his first shot at it and with more freestyle training he will come back full force in the next 2 yrs.

Freestyle training in Kentucky as a whole needs some improvement. I was watching some of our matches and we made little errors that hurt us because Folkstyle instincts can hurt you in a freestyle match. Logan Erdman's barn burner is an example.

We will get better in time, the talent is definitely there just need to work on those freestyle instincts. We won't be PA or IL level anytime soon in the Olympic styles but I think Kentucky's wrestling stock has been soaring compared to other states.

Freestyle training in Kentucky as a whole needs some improvement. I was watching some of our matches and we made little errors that hurt us because Folkstyle instincts can hurt you in a freestyle match. Logan Erdman's barn burner is an example.

We will get better in time, the talent is definitely there just need to work on those freestyle instincts. We won't be PA or IL level anytime soon in the Olympic styles but I think Kentucky's wrestling stock has been soaring compared to other states.

Logans trained in freestyle for years. It's not new to him. Had nothing to do with instincts. He didnt wrestle smart. Wasnt focused or confident. Thats what got him beat. The scorekeeper definately screwed up the match. Doesnt matter. Wasnt his day.

I heard them announce it over the PA, it isn't that hard to pronounce suprisingly. 

I love watching him wrestle he is a physical specimen and will be a great 197 (I thought I saw somewhere he was going football but I guess I was mistaken since I saw he is going to wrestle for Oregon State). 

Austin will benefit from the fact that Odighizuwa isn't that big, he may be somewhat close to Austin's strength level but I think if Austin wrestles smart and stays low he will handle him just fine.

A great 197, wow, quite the cut from HWT. I saw the same as you did regarding football. I read somewhere that he had committed to UCLA. Maybe he changed his mind? Heck, he's only 16 yrs old. Plenty of time to change his mind a few more times!

Logans trained in freestyle for years. It's not new to him. Had nothing to do with instincts. He didnt wrestle smart. Wasnt focused or confident. Thats what got him beat. The scorekeeper definately screwed up the match. Doesnt matter. Wasnt his day.

It may just be a personal thing for me but I don't believe in going for cradles as a first move in freestyle which is what it looked like he was doing. But again that's different from person to person, I always tell my kids to wrestle their style and if that's Logan's style then I won't fight it.

It was a close match and I agree he didn't wrestle smart but his talent was on full display for sure. It's Fargo, things happen, doesn't take away from him as a great wrestler

AUSTIN WAS A LEVEL 3 VOUGH OSAWARU AND GREMMELL WERE 4 GREMMELL AND AUSTIN WERE THE SAME SIDE ON ORIGINAL BRACKET VOUGH OSuwara were on opposite side Austin being the 1 pretty simple to see Why they switched it let's not play games or pretend you know everything for a change Austin earned the top spot through his work vough and OSuwara were 2 n 3 with OSuwara being clearly the 2 guy it's obvious,like I said the best guys are all on the top minus vough and the placings will show it .

Hey, I'm agreeing with you. Why so combative? Had seeds (levels) played out: Austin gets a 9, a 7, and a 4 (Odighizuwa in semis). Odighizuwa gets an 8, a 5, and a 3 (Austin in semis). I would prefer to see a 9 and 7. Gremmel gets a 9, a 5, and a 4 (Vough in semis). Vough gets a 9, a 5, and a 4 (Gremmel in semis). I would prefer 9,7 over 9,5 and/or 8,5. The top four were separated.

Yes, Casey wrestled Jr.s because he was born in 1998. He is 16 1/2 yrs old and will not be 17 until Dec.

Lotta young guns. Vough turned 17 in April. Odighizuwa turns 17 in August.

Bottom line Austin wrestled the far tougher half .The best 220 in the country just went 3 _1 with the best heavy .When vough has been teched and pinned by him in 18 sec .The redraw put Austin under the gun he wrestled no one under 270 until osawaru .no matter he's the best there is and will be at 220 or ever in this state and when I see a few of you we will settle .

• Downvote 2

Like I said his side was stacked he faces a kid he sent to consos for 3rd and the kid he just beat7 _4 who came from his side will win out as well.

4 of the top 5 guys will come from the top half and the only reason there isn't more is because guys from the top knocked them out .

A great 197, wow, quite the cut from HWT. I saw the same as you did regarding football. I read somewhere that he had committed to UCLA. Maybe he changed his mind? Heck, he's only 16 yrs old. Plenty of time to change his mind a few more times!

Definitely a great feat! Being 16, underweight and having went through the greco grind! A true warrior

Anyone know when the finals are? He still has to beat Kevin Vough.

• Upvote 1

He pinned him in 18 sec and teched him in their last two meetings

Yeah, I saw the results from greco, which was surprising because I watched a video of Vough beating him in cadet the greco finals.

Its a shame that Osawaru is leaving the sport for football, but thats what all the good 220 and hwts do. I guess I would do the same thing if I could get drafted by the NY giants like his brother.

Yes, Casey wrestled Jr.s because he was born in 1998. He is 16 1/2 yrs old and will not be 17 until Dec.

Bryce is 16 also turns 17 end of November

Yeah, I saw the results from greco, which was surprising because I watched a video of Vough beating him in cadet the greco finals.

Its a shame that Osawaru is leaving the sport for football, but thats what all the good 220 and hwts do. I guess I would do the same thing if I could get drafted by the NY giants like his brother.

The 285 final is shaping up to be anti-climactic. Of the finals possibilities this match up was my least favorite option.  

Care to wager on the winner winycat.

Austin a 4 x 220 champ will leave top four at heavy and with everyone who doubted his hvy weight ability scratching their heads as he sent numerous state champs and some D1 commits including one from Big 12 Iowa State to the boneyard .No braver or better competitor in Fargo taking on the Giants of his sport ,That's why he's the best there is

• Downvote 1

Care to wager on the winner winycat.

Austin a 4 x 220 champ will leave top four at heavy and with everyone who doubted his hvy weight ability scratching their heads as he sent numerous state champs and some D1 commits including one from Big 12 Iowa State to the boneyard .No braver or better competitor in Fargo taking on the Giants of his sport ,That's why he's the best there is

I will bet that its impossible for him to be the best there is, unless youre talking only about ky 220s. Thats not putting down his accomplishments at all.

As for the finals. Im not sure. My money is in Osa but im pulling for Vough.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Of course you are because you think it would look bad on ATM as for best in Ky ever get real the boy set records no one not only in Ky has ever reached but the nation as in first ever 4 x 220 champ EVER NHSCA wrestling athlete of the year undefeated High School record and the awesome rematch of the year where he beat Brinson lol no one in the country saw the top tourneys he did particularly any upper weight this year .don't know who's jock your on don't care records and matches say it all As for this site I'm kinda tired of hitting ky wrestling and seeing Nathan Boston interview from years past lol A kid wins the NHSCA wrestler of the year Flo Nat NHSCA ow and all the rest and whoever is taking care of this site still has stuff from two years ago lol .

Regardless that was Austins last KY tournament he wanted to bring one back he did his best and I think he did better than anyone else in the whole country could have no 220 in the nation could have done what he just did today .And yes no one in KY or OHIO has or ever will accomplish what he has in High School don't fool yourselves KY your champ is and was as good as any any state has or will ever have records and tournaments do not Lie .thanks Coach Carr and YENTER and Especially Coach B a great job the last 4 years with ATM .As for you haters put your money where your mouth is ATM has the hardware the trophy case and the respect of the wrestlers in this nation .

Life and this sport has made him hard he's a great ambassador and sportsman but under the gun from punks and haters he has no problem laying the smack down lol.Unlike you haters hiding behind usernames he's fearless as he proved once again .Count yourself lucky if he counts you as a friend because he is and always has been one of the Good guys a defender of the Underdog and he defended his state Honor and his own like No one in any state ever has .This is his state he owns it forever

• Downvote 1

A big congrats to all the KY boys that stepped up to the plate and took on the Fargo competition. This experience will serve you well in the upcoming high school season.

Sign in to follow this