Sign in to follow this  
Captain America

Border Brawl and Flo Premiere League 5 .

March 17 live on Flo Missouri Border Brawl featuring Missouris Best High School srs vs The Best of the Bordering states Srs .

FOLLOWED BY A MATCH BETWEEN OLYMPIAN AND WORLD SILVER MEDALIST JAKE HERBERT AND NCAA MULTIPLE X CHAMP AND 2014 WORLD TEAM MEMBER ED RUTH.

Tyler Caldwell vs Chris Honeycutt as well.

Watch a four X state champ run the gauntlet.Go Austin.

WOW AUSTIN REPRESENTED BIG TIME IN EVERY ASPECT SO GLAD HE RAN THE GAUNTLET EVERY ONE OF HIS COACHED FROM WV EVEN HIS STRENGTH COACH AND GOOD OLD KY Boy Marcus Hoehn cheering for Austin.thought he had a pin but a tech was good all good kids there great wrestling .and wow .Askren Ruth Herbert Mcmullin setting with Austin during pro matches hahaha very awesome .

4 WEIGH INNS IN 8 DAYS Wanted to make sure he left High School and his state on a high note .Awesome and tired lol

• Upvote 1

I say Herbert crushes Ruth. I got to see a lot of Honeycutt when he was in high school. One of my faves on that Eds 2007 team. Should be a good event.

It was good Ruth was down and never seemed to panic at all came back and got the pin .

SAD HE WANTED TO STAY AND WATCH NCAAS BUT HAS MISSED TO MUCH SCHOOL BECAUSE OF STATE DAPPER AND Border wars.If he were a BBall player it would be OK .no Biggie he had a great time .and is even doing a bit today at Marcus Hoehns training facility in St Louis he's a good kid a good competitor and as you can tell he wanted to rep his school his state and his soon to be college .Good stuff.

With the right practice partners we could be looking at Kentucky's first NCAA champion. Kentucky wrestling has made monumental leaps in the last decade. This years NCAAs should be exciting. Pulling for the Hawkeyes, but there are 3-4 legitimate championship contenders. Glad ESPN has picked up a lot more coverage over the years.

AWESOME STUFF , Seeing and talking with all his coaches this last week was really a good experience for Austin and I think they are pleased with his efforts thus far of course he has a lot of work and some adjustments to make but I think he is the type that will fit in with all their styles and work ethics .Biggest question now is to stay at 220 all summer or blow up ,220 is easily a tougher class talent wise and those who have been able to stall out or slowdown Austins offense are all taller bigger guys , none of which have his abilities in the strength and power aspects of the sport they simply have size advantages .That being the obvious case what Austins detractors try to point out as a weakness is in fact his greatest asset .He is stronger and has the potential to be the most powerful athlete in College Wrestling and with 20 to 50 lbs added to his body over the next two to three yrs he will in fact not be the small heavy some of the pot stirrers are hoping he will be .HE IS NOT JUST SOME BIG STRONG KID FROM KY and IS IN FACT ONE OF THE BEST all around wrestlers in the nation in any weight class , On his feet top bottom and in any style he can go with anyone and while I'm not going to start any debate on who's who or was in Ky or anywhere else in the country I can't think of Anyone who has any better potential .He can be a multiple X AA in college he can be a national Champion and he can be an OLYMPIAN if he chooses .He has the ability the potential and soon he will have the room coaches and partners to make it happen .And in case no one has noticed he knows his way around a gym and how to train .A lot of time between now and July and any success at all at Hvy after 4 yrs at 220 may open some eyes as to his actual potential ,

Captain, if he goes big get some yoga in that regimen to maintain flexibility. Helps with breathing and stress management as well. Strength and flexibility are going to be the name of the game at the next level. Great luck to you champion

He has done yoga , all kinds of crazy stuff going on with kids at his level sports shrinks and the like , just attack score and try to win after training all you can and as hard as you can .I doubt there is a kid as flexible as Austin is who wrestles in this state , he can out wall walk every kid on our team at any weight and his knees seem made of Rubber .His hvy coach at WV is Dom Bradley and if and when Austin puts on about 40 it's going to be one heck of a sight at WV so glad that Bradley has the faith in and pushed for Austin to come to WV they seem to believe in each others capabilities and potential as wrestler and Coach .he's going to AA I have no doubt and with WVs Coaching staffs background in freestyle Greco Austin will make his run one day .

Sign in to follow this