Sign in to follow this  
tja

7th graders placing at State

Speaking of Mark Hall Myron Bradbury and Jameel Bryant did a fantastic camp this weekend really fun and tough camp I encourage anyone to go to one of there camps if they have a chance

And Courtney and Hall are the only one's I could think of I know we have a few kids this year trying to join that list

Carr was beaten out during wrestle-offs his 7th grade year by a kid named Cody Stewart. I think he placed that year, would have been 1992.

Mark Hall was a true freshman while in Kentucky if I'm correct he was held back once moving to Minnesota

Mark Hall was a true freshman while in Kentucky if I'm correct he was held back once moving to Minnesota

Halls yr here was his first 7th grade year. He just won his 5th state title as a junior.

I wouldn't count Hall nor Lawson because they weren't from Kentucky and clearly just used our state as a way to compete in middle school.

Halls yr here was his first 7th grade year. He just won his 5th state title as a junior.

meant to say true seventh grade year

I personally don't have a problem with the move in's especially the ones who stay like Nathan Boston

If they stay then yeah that's fine, but moving back right after the state tournament? Ridiculous...

That was my fault, Mark Hall wanted to stay but I told him he would be crazy to not wrestle for Apple Valley. I think the original plan was for him to stay in Kentucky until 9th grade and then return to Michigan

An incredible opportunity for sure, Apple Valley is one of the elite programs in the country. However him, the Lawsons, David Carr and any others who immediately transfer schools after the state tournament do not have my respect. Doesn't matter if their good kids, great wrestlers or whatever. I realize that their parents may have more of a say in this, but they're not the ones competing.

Livingston Merritt 1992 at 140 5th place as a 7th grader

Won his region and lost in semi's 8-2 to Archie Stepp (Sh Cl)

As an 8th grader won his region and lost in the smi's again to Jamie Brewer (SK) 7-4

L. Merritt placed 3rd his Freshman year.  Lost to David Ketchem 10-9 in the 1st round (Merritt placed 2nd at Wky region).  He wrestled Ketchem in the conso semi's and won 22-9 then won 13-9 against Junior Brown from Union (placed 1st in Wky region)

David Ritchie placed 3rd both his 8th and 9th grade year at 98lbs. (1982-1983) Caldwell had Brian McNelly qualify at 98 in 1981.

Wow. Region 6 has nothing on what region 1 used to be like in the 80's and early 90's I'm impressed.

Hoptown and Fort Campbell are fairly high up there in terms of all time state champs. With Christian County and Caldwell County also being historical powers.

Yes many times in the 80's you would find both Hoptown and Christian Co. in the top 5.  And yes Ft. Camp. use to be in Region 1 also.  Wky and Hardin Co districts combined to be Wky region .  While Eastern, Fern, Oldhams, would combine with Nky for Nky Region

Sign in to follow this