Sign in to follow this  
supernat

State Tournament Brackets

awesome

Vega v. Cook in qtrs. 113

At heavyweight, Landon Young, Brandon Johnson, Raynel Brown and Hayden Vinegar are all on the same side, wow!!!!!!

220- Myers, Chandler, Kellon Williams and Conner Sherman all on same side.

195- Miozza v. Miller is qtrs., if seeds hold.

Frankrone v. Cornett in 2nd round at 182!!!!!

170 looks evenly spread out and wide open--Is Ryan Woolf a favorite now?

160- Overman v. Nevels 2nd rd. Haddad v. Little qtrs. and Meiman v. Emerson qtrs.

152 evenly spread. looking forward to Hoffman and Williams rd 2.

awesome

Vega v. Cook in qtrs. 113

At heavyweight, Landon Young, Brandon Johnson, Raynel Brown and Hayden Vinegar are all on the same side, wow!!!!!!

220- Myers, Chandler, Kellon Williams and Conner Sherman all on same side.

195- Miozza v. Miller is qtrs., if seeds hold.

Frankrone v. Cornett in 2nd round at 182!!!!!

170 looks evenly spread out and wide open--Is Ryan Woolf a favorite now?

160- Overman v. Nevels 2nd rd. Haddad v. Little qtrs. and Meiman v. Emerson qtrs.

The hvwt Champ is gonna come from the gauntlet that is bottom side.

Top heavy at 145.

138 Miller v. Leak 1st round winner most likely has Bryan Spahr

Vasquez v. Wiley rd. 2.

132- Duncan/Smith in quarters.

126- Poynter/Kline and Burroughs/Cambron qtrs. on the top

120 has two quarters that look super tough but overall seems well spread

Tucker/Kraeszig qtrs.-106

Saul Ervin likely awaits in semi's

Klein/Yenter in a bottom quarter.

Heavyweight seems as if is the most imbalanced.

Not sure why they would, or even if they can change the brackets.  The random draw is done for a reason and changing the "random" draw does not seem logical or ethical.  If the brackets change at this point something is wrong with the system.  I look for these to be the brackets used for next weekend.

These will be the final brackets unless illness/injury/skin/weight issues arise and then it will only be adjusted by sliding in the regional alternate and everyone else from that region moves up a seed. There have only been a few times that I can remember the alternate roll up table being used.

These will be the final brackets unless illness/injury/skin/weight issues arise and then it will only be adjusted by sliding in the regional alternate and everyone else from that region moves up a seed. There have only been a few times that I can remember the alternate roll up table being used.

I think it happened last year @ 106

I wouldn't say Woolf is the favorite in 170's ..I'd give a slight edge to Macintosh but look out for Lawson as my sleeper to win 170's ..Meiman 160's ..Frankrone 182's

Miozza and Miller will be a good match Dodd should coast to the finals in 195s. Look for a region 6 rematch in the 220's with Hamedian and Myers.

I wouldn't say Woolf is the favorite in 170's ..I'd give a slight edge to Macintosh but look out for Lawson as my sleeper to win 170's ..Meiman 160's ..Frankrone 182's

Miozza and Miller will be a good match Dodd should coast to the finals in 195s. Look for a region 6 rematch in the 220's with Hamedian and Myers.

You do realize this is not the same Lawson as last year. This is Isaac Lawson's little brother. He is not a bad wrestler but not the caliper of wrestler you saw last year. Region 1's 170 weight class is much weaker this year than last. 160 and 182 are going to definitely have a couple placers or possibly finalist from region 1 for sure.

How would the seeding be done?  I think it's worth a look but interested in ideas.  I just can't see how a conference call coaches meeting would go (30 different teams according to Track).  Some of these guys don't have any common opponents etc.

Just not sure, why it can't be done.  I thought wrestling involved doing things that may be difficult and tough to get better.  Obviously, this would make the tournament better.  You will always be where you are unless you change.   

supernat not sure why you are so high on Williams at 152? please let me know what I am missing. I looked on track and saw where Tristan Badida pinned Williams earlier this year(unless track is wrong)  Kidwell lost to Badida by 4 the first time and by 2 at regionals. I am not saying Williams wont be there im just not sure why you predicted this.  please let me know your insight..thanks 

I don't think the state tournament would be any more exciting if they seeded the wrestlers.  Look at what is being said about early round match-ups, this will have excitement from the start.  I personally like the random draw.  Does it pit the best two guys against each other early absolutely, but in the end that is what we want to see anyway and to me two studs hitting in the qtrs or semis makes for better wrestling, b/c they know a trip to the finals is on the line.  Either way seeded or random draw the state tourney is a blast to watch.

supernat not sure why you are so high on Williams at 152? please let me know what I am missing. I looked on track and saw where Tristan Badida pinned Williams earlier this year(unless track is wrong)  Kidwell lost to Badida by 4 the first time and by 2 at regionals. I am not saying Williams wont be there im just not sure why you predicted this.  please let me know your insight..thanks 

There's four top level guys in that 8-man bracket: Wright, Hoffman, Williams and Kidwell along with a couple of sleepers. If Kidwell wins wouldn't surprise me at all. I've seen Williams really progress as the season has moved along I think a matchup between him and Hoffman would be exciting.

Why your at it lets just not seed the NCAA's or the Big ten championships, that should go well LOL. Seeds are done for a reason in all the big sporting events, sometimes there are upsets yes but Ive watched several state finals where the top 4-5 guys are on one side and the best one prevails wrestling someone who couldnt beat one one of those 4-5 guys and the finals is awful, a tech fall or a pin in the first period 

So yeah that randown draw is pretty good, always gets the best two guys in the finals :)

Sign in to follow this