Sign in to follow this  
cmccoy

2015 State Duals Info

I don't know how many people got the chance to see or even heard about the st.x vs trinity matchup last year at the state duels,but for those coaches out there that like to talk up the team concept of wrestling,you could have used this match for a promotional video. It came down to the last match frankrone vs esterle ,yes esterle(most people didn't even know who that was).Frankrone had to pin for trinity to get the win and by all obvious reasons there was nothing to think that wouldn't happen.Well i witnessed the greatest determination by a losing wrestler that i have ever seen.Esterle gave the battle of his career,and that was also matched by Frankrone. Both kids giving everything they had for their team to win.I don't know how many times Esterle battled off his back and for what?not himself,he basically knew he had no chance.It was all for his team,and believe me Frankrone gave it his all for trinity.Best duel i have ever seen hopefully this year can bring some of the same excitement.

Again The goal of wrestling is to pin ,No wrestler with any heart at all should just give up and get pinned ,I understand what your saying but think about it there are kids who NEVER get pinned or put on their backs for more than quick rolls or instantly,From day one every coach and every parent should tell their kids DO NOT GET PINNED And I have heard youth coaches preach and preach DO NOT GET pinned,If your saying that kid would have gave up and got pinned in a tournament ,thats not impressive I understand he battled hard and it was important for the dual and story book and all ,But he should have that same attitude always ,I can remember my son in college being pinned once in his life and that was against a stud at Tulsa as a youth and even he got lucky and everyone told me he was out cold ,and that was fine thats what it should take ,Upperweights are a bit different they are more prone to pinning but even they should fight like H ,when Austin goes to Dapper Dan or nationals this yr if he gets pinned he would have to be unconscious or injured ,You shouldnt be able to break a good wrestler and that means pin him or skunk him AT LEAST GET AN ESCAPE POINT although at a tournament like fargo where some kids are wrestling five or six days in one week your going to gas at some point but still you cant break,

Crazy, WHS98 was trying to explain how exiting the team part of our sport can be.  Stop turning every topic into something negative.   You can't compare your kid to the average wrestler.  Talent, experience, access to great coaching, drive and many others factors put him in category with few others.  Crazy before criticize others for not being like yours,  remember how lucky you are to have had two elite wrestlers.   Just try and say something positive.

• Upvote 1

I guess you did not read my post ,maybe you need to quit looking for negatives and read ,I said I understood his point it was crucial to the win and storybook, But it also made it sound as if it wouldnt have been a big dual he would have gotten pinned and whos to say that kid doesnt want to win every match with the same intensity or effort ,it had nothing to do with the talent or skill level regardless of a first yr wrestler or olympian if you could avoid a pin in a dual and I guess this kid did he never finished the story you can avoid it in a tournament ,right that was my point along with avoid getting pinned at all costs ,and yes I understand aome kids will get pinned by others no matter what that wasnt what he wad saying .anyway

I saw Cooper wrestle Polly at state a couple yrs back and Cooper completely pummelled him but Cory did not give up the pin ,I understand its very exciting and a kid who is outclassed can earn tremendous respect ,and win even though he loses

Can we please get back on Topic.  Crazy hijacks every post there is.  I have a suggestion......Make one topic for crazy to list his kids "resumes" and every time he "thinks" someone is taking a jab at his boys he can refer them to the resume topic.  That way we won't get the long posts referring to something that happened 10 years ago and we we won't have to look at his grammar mistakes!  

Now can we please get back on the topic of State Duals?!

• Upvote 1

The morning of the Duals. The seeding criteria was decided and voted on by the coaches.

This is good news to me...much less in-depth scouting of a team. Line up and wrestle, may the best team win!

Yes louwresfan thats exactly what my point was.Some kids may never be national or even state or region champs but that doesn't mean they can't contribute to a team in a big way and that day esterle really wrestled above what many people thought he could to the eventual state champ.You could tell he was at a total state of exhaustion but didn't want to let his team down.Sometimes it not always about an individual, i think everyone needs to see the movie WHEN THE GAME STANDS TALL,very educational.

WHS--the Trinity/St. X dual came down to the last wrestler again this year. Trinity was up by 1 with the 220 match left. Trinity 220 was down 3 in third, escaped to make it down 2, then got TD and 2 backs with 20-30 seconds left, X kid escaped with about 10 sec....drama. With the dual starting at heavy Trinity was down big, so pins and bonus points were huge to both teams. Tons of excitement, some controversy, but at the end of the day it was a great dual that I hope we see a lot of at state next weekend. I realize many want seeding a certain way, but with all teams being in the same area I'm confident we will be hearing some noise.

Wow thats amazing how close them teams are. Most times i get a little bored with duels but when they are so evenly matched it is the exciting part of wrestling. I think there could be several duels at state duels that could come down to the last match.I could really see Trinity,St.X,Fern Creek,Campbell County,Ryle and Oldham all have some duels that come down to the last match.There might even be some teams i am overlooking.

I know if FC and Trinity came down to the 132 match for a chance to advance or win the whole thing, I think there would be just a bit of drama....but that FC 132 aint half the wrestler you were I bet, right?

I sure hope the FC vs Trinity would never come down to the 132 match,my heart already has enough stress on it during their match,lol.Well i may not have been as good as creeks 132 but in my defense i never stepped on a mat till i was a freshman. But i still have bragging rights for now,i have a 3rd and a 6th place finish at state and he has a 3rd and 8th.

• Upvote 1

Just noticed your post very cute ,Irish makes a comment about hijacking then when I say ok have this thread to your self ,He comments on a thread I started ,

As for your comment Mommaswatching wtftstm

What would you know about Glory Days youve never had any ,and when these are over You will not see any more like them .

Of course I could take the most unskilled kids in the state and they would soon surpass anyone some simpleton like yourself worked with ,not to mention SAM and ATM would have serious issues if their little brother did not follow in their footsteps ,although who could blame a kid for wanting no part of a sport full of babbling idiots like you with no clue about how its supposed to be done that get so contorted when someone shows them the way.

Obviously this is a wrestling forum why you would complain about a person commenting then go make posts on that persons threads pretty much tells us everything we need to know about you.

And theres a big difference in some chick tacking knocks on me or my son than just commenting on wrestling ,but This to will pass as every other idiot has faded away to be replaced by people who actually know what they are doing or talking about.

I don't know how many people got the chance to see or even heard about the st.x vs trinity matchup last year at the state duels,but for those coaches out there that like to talk up the team concept of wrestling,you could have used this match for a promotional video. It came down to the last match frankrone vs esterle ,yes esterle(most people didn't even know who that was).Frankrone had to pin for trinity to get the win and by all obvious reasons there was nothing to think that wouldn't happen.Well i witnessed the greatest determination by a losing wrestler that i have ever seen.Esterle gave the battle of his career,and that was also matched by Frankrone. Both kids giving everything they had for their team to win.I don't know how many times Esterle battled off his back and for what?not himself,he basically knew he had no chance.It was all for his team,and believe me Frankrone gave it his all for trinity.Best duel i have ever seen hopefully this year can bring some of the same excitement.

This match here.......won X the large school State Duals Championship. X went on to beat the OC in the finals. 

I understand that there were allot of points scored each way during the dual, so it didn't technically "win the dual" but it did come down to this match and Esterle absolutely gutted it out for the team and gained allot of respect and praise from all involved.

Frankly, there are certain match-ups that some kids couldn't win if they had a baseball bat, but battling it out through overwhelming odds, can make a tremendous difference in the team outcome, and in this case, the tournament outcome. 

Here's to hoping we see some great action this weekend. Safe travels and Godspeed to everyone making the trek.  

Interesting bit of info folks...Small School has pools released on trackwrestling but Big School doesn't...

I don't think those pools are accurate.  No way Union is the 6 seed.  And Scott High School is listed as Scott County.

One arm and one leg. Just kidding, I have no idea. I guarentee it will be cheaper than your fuel cost to get there though.

Sign in to follow this