Sign in to follow this  
cmccoy

2015 State Duals Info

looks like a pool of 3 to start ,then a pool of 4 in finals pools.

in finals will you wrestle every team or winners vs winners for top placings ,very relevant .if its 3 pools then four .rather than four three.

It turns into a bracketed tournament after pools. The top four are in Semis. Winner wrestle for Championship. Loser of Semis wrestle for 3rd.

So its four duals ,INSTEAD OF FIVE ,unless champs wrestle and they get an extra .A lot of these teams are close and could lose or beat a team that a team they lose or beat could not .seems there would be pools all the way through with criteria for equal wins or records.

Im sure they have a better shot than most I would think they were ranked third,Captain Obvious ,

since your setting me up to get flamed I will say this Their 220 will get six every Dual 110 % chance .

Im sure they have a better shot than most I would think they were ranked third,Captain Obvious ,

since your setting me up to get flamed I will say this Their 220 will get six every Dual 110 % chance .

I have to give your son credit. I absolutely hate when kids can dominate and pin a kid, but take em down and let them up over and over. Take em down and pin, that'd all you gotta do. It does neither any good to tech or toy with them, then pin. It's embarrassing to the newer kid and better wrestler doesn't gain anything. I know people will argue with me, but that's just my opinion.

Its disrespectful to run up your TDs,Kids and coaches and dads will say the wrestler is working stuff but he is not a kid who can get taken down 15 times in 2 periods is not reacting or giving a true workout to a better wrestler train in practice .

In many cases its a psychological ploy.  If you can get 2 takedowns in the first period then your up 4-1 going into the 2nd period.  Lets your opponent know that you are controlling the tempo of the match.  If you take them down and you can score backs or a pin you should take the opportunity.  Usually after about 20 seconds on the mat you know if you can turn them.  Then you decide if you want to take him down a second time tor the 4-1 lead.  However running up the score by getting 4-6 takedowns in the 1st is overkill.  

If all you can get is 2 its not really a ploy its all you can do its an advantage like any lead two scores is good but not a head and arms lead away ,Best Psychological ploy Pin em all ,of course if everyone forfeits you dont get any mat time at all

Well don't blame the wrestler for cutting kids and scoring the most points he can,blame the coaches who have coached them.I know for a fact my son is not a good pinner,i have even seen him wear his self out trying to pin a kid. He is as good as anybody in the state at tds so they play to his strengths and that, if it needs to be stopped is done by coaches not the wrestler.Most of the time he is following directions.

Thats fine if your not good at pinning go for the tech,but I think we are talking about when its obvious a wrestler is toying or showboating ,running up their td record when they can pin ,The Goal is to pin ,it always has been to win you pin to tech you tech to get a decision or major or tech is to do the next best thing ,it is not the goal .

Thats fine if your not good at pinning go for the tech,but I think we are talking about when its obvious a wrestler is toying or showboating ,running up their td record when they can pin ,The Goal is to pin ,it always has been to win you pin to tech you tech to get a decision or major or tech is to do the next best thing ,it is not the goal .

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Just a funny observation ,have you ever noticed there are some kids who will more than likely either pin or lose much more often than win by points or pin or get pinned.

just from kids I've coached, young kids seem to pin or get pinned. The better they get, they seem to pin or lose close matches.

I actually totally agree with Crazyhorse on this one.

S4MYFQO.gif

If there are 4 pools why seed top 6?  Why not top 4 or better yet top 8?  Pair the 1 with 8, 2 with 7, and so on. And then last 4 unseeded teams are blind drawn in.  Just curious.

Sign in to follow this