Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2014/2015 - JANUARY 14

No I meant he didnt wrestle any of the tournaments he lost last yr and hasnt wrestled one decent tournament or opponent this yr and didnt represent the sport or the state when he had the chance yr ,and no one wants to hear Football as some bogus excuse .

No I meant he didnt wrestle any of the tournaments he lost last yr and hasnt wrestled one decent tournament or opponent this yr and didnt represent the sport or the state when he had the chance yr ,and no one wants to hear Football as some bogus excuse .

Didn't your son forgo his Sr year in FB this year?

I don't think football is an excuse.  I think its a reality.  There are many wrestlers, good wrestlers that don't represent in the summer.  I believe Johnson wrestles as a hobby and doesn't take it as serious as he does football.  Nothing wrong with that.  He is still one of the best HWTs in Ky.  And maybe that is all he cares about.  

Don't hate on him because of it.   I'm sure some on the football world are saying the same thing about ATM.  He didn't represent his school in football this year.  Once again nothing wrong with it. It's a reality.  Not everyone strives to be the ultimate best at wrestling.  Many are content at just being the best in the state at their wt. class.  

You have me all wrong and kinda ticking me off ,I got mad at a few wrestlers for being lazy and not representing their state when asked ,He was the beat Hvy weight and there are plenty who play football and do nat duals and always did Austin not playing had to do with avoiding dumb injuries and doing late summer tournaments ie Super 32 ,

Austin was an excellent football player probably much better than most knew or noticed but that doesnt matter and its not the pointb,Hard to not say anything when someones talking someone up who chose not to wrestle or represent then shows up late after all the tough tournament ,I thought he was very good I would have liked to seen him at nat duals on team kyb,Thats fine if its a Hobby but skipping the real comp and talking about pinning kids who havent won a match all yr makes someone sound like a BULLY

And who cares what any mf in the football world says about Austin bro hes a gd wrestler and will smack the snot out of anyone that doesnt like it ,Johnson has D1 lotential in FB probably could have in wrestling ,Still say if your going to wrestle wrestle and not say your not because of football then show up after most of the season is over and all the tough tourneys are done ,he probably wins state hes tough but he is no true wrestler .he should be on your team you seem okay with cheap wins and kids who do it for kicks or as a hobby .

My son got a late start in wrestling because we were deep in the football playoffs. His first love is football and then comes wrestling. Maybe that's why he isn't taken seriously in wrestling. This is his 4th year to wrestle and has had a good year so far. Whatever sport he's in he does his best no matter if he's sick or hurt. He may not ever be a state champion, he's a champion in my eyes.

Yeah well im ok with any kid that wants to wrestle too ,Thats the point. if you Want to Wrestle you Wrestle ,That kid who hasnt won a match all yr im ok with if hes trying .The kid who just wants to show up for a cakewalk after the hard part is over and not put in the effort it takes to earn the right to be called a wrestler is ok as well thats just the way the world is these days teach a kid to take the easy road and never shoot to be what you can be , except if you brag about him I will probably have a few comments on a forum about reality.

Thats awesome ,And I have seen kids in football make the playoffs and not miss a single match ,Im sure a state champ that pinned through a tournament wasnt worried about a late start.and if I coached the best College football team in the country and wanted a stud football player and he said im wrestling at nat for my state team to represent for my state The first thing I would say was I want that kid hes a beast and knows what it means to represent his team .I coached wrestling for ten yrs and football for a few all youth and jr high ,at those levels no coach ever said I dont want a wrestler or vice versa it was always bonus .

I talked to Westerns football coach a couple of years ago and he wished his linemen would take up wrestling. It helps with footwork,balance and learning about leverage.

I will wager you one KY Horse Park hot dog WITH relish that Vega will have close matches at state (within 4 points). He won't dominate Moore, Hurst, Wells, Cook, maybe even Mitch Ervin haven't seen him yet but his last name warrants inclusion on this list. He can turn it on and become beast (finals of Dragon) but is not consistent with that effort (look at his semis match at Dragon). If I had to place a bet, yes, he would be my pick, BUT he will have to win some close matches.

Vega had two close matches this past weekend at state duals one he went up and the other he stayed the same weight. He beat Michael beets by 2 I think and Castellano by 5 those were his toughest matches I saw.

When are the new rankings coming out??

Vega looked good physically and technically from what I saw , I didnt see him annihilating anyone but I didnt see him in any trouble at any point either and thats all you can ask of a kid .

Some classes you would have as much luck ranking drawing names out of a hat they are so inconsistent after the 1 spot usually and even with them in some cases .152 will be interesting and 182 Frankone looks as if he will be the very clear favorite ,195 Miozza n Miller should be Fun ,Both do work But Miozza BUSTED IT UP IN THE OFF SEASON ,and in the Weight Room I look for a fierce Battle at State .Lampe Meiman Heidorf Sparh Duncan Erdman Schefer Vega Ervin thats about all of em .Heavyweight is a ? with a state champ returning who has been absent most of the yr but throws a Monkeywrench into everything and was so dominant at state he will probably be 1 again in a class as varied in styles as it is in sises.

ATM had an 18 sec pin at HVY weight this weekend at state Duals and CC hvy is cert at 220 Hvy could easily become the best class in the entire state in an instant ,Young Brown Austin and Johnson .wouldnt that be a hoot suddenly all the hype of lightweight classes so close in comp are replaced with a class of two state Champs with 3 D1 athletes who are not even ranked #1 at the weight class currently ????

And Austin having a tech and pin wins over the GMVWA hvy Champ who pinned through at GMVWA has shown he can hang with the Big boys as well .

• Downvote 1

Some classes you would have as much luck ranking drawing names out of a hat they are so inconsistent after the 1 spot usually and even with them in some cases .152 will be interesting and 182 Frankone looks as if he will be the very clear favorite ,195 Miozza n Miller should be Fun ,Both do work But Miozza BUSTED IT UP IN THE OFF SEASON ,and in the Weight Room I look for a fierce Battle at State .Lampe Meiman Heidorf Sparh Duncan Erdman Schefer Vega Ervin thats about all of em .Heavyweight is a ? with a state champ returning who has been absent most of the yr but throws a Monkeywrench into everything and was so dominant at state he will probably be 1 again in a class as varied in styles as it is in sises.

ATM had an 18 sec pin at HVY weight this weekend at state Duals and CC hvy is cert at 220 Hvy could easily become the best class in the entire state in an instant ,Young Brown Austin and Johnson .wouldnt that be a hoot suddenly all the hype of lightweight classes so close in comp are replaced with a class of two state Champs with 3 D1 athletes who are not even ranked #1 at the weight class currently ????

And Austin having a tech and pin wins over the GMVWA hvy Champ who pinned through at GMVWA has shown he can hang with the Big boys as well .

You put the tease out there. Do share. Enquiring minds want to know if we will see this happen at Heavyweight.

182 ,you Have Frankrone ,But then what can you do ,I say it has to be Smith second then Mathews then Cornett ,or perhaps Mathews second .Big ? about CC is Krebs. will he wrestle and who will it be between Barrett and Lillie ,Lillie looked better most of the yr but did not look or perform well at Duals.Who knows I think x made unwise decisions against CC at duals but still won but CC lightweights did not look as sharp as the week before Lillie and Yenter were both off Hvy could be good ,Hate to say it 220 will not look good at all It will be nasty.

Looking forward to 152 and seeing if Belk can get it done for Ryle and Meiman looked good at 160 ,but did not look sharp maybe he was under the weather ,He should end up a 2xer after state .

Cmon man regionals are coming up wheres the rankings jk I wouldnt touch this yrs rankings if they actually did pay ,Whats the chances of getting kids placed or ranked when one week a kid can beat almost every kid in his class and the next cannot beat a kid out of the top eight its a mess lol

Looking forward to seeing some big things coming from there, the recent addition of schools in that area show the growth of the sport in your neck of the woods. Good luck. 

I don't Know when they will come out, but I do not expect them until after regionals. If they come out sooner there's gonna be plenty to talk about after those tournaments take place.