Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

State dual qualifiers

Looking at the KHSAA records although I did not need to ,Your on Crack ,union 14,x 13,CC 12,Tri 11,Tri 10,union 9,

thats 2 out of 6 same as trinity and impossible to be Champs 5 out of 8 .your getting ahead of yourself and looking through some distorted lenses or something.

Does Union have their own set of KHSAA records or is that just the ones you keep in your room with the funny lights .

Jim Cornett and the Midnight Express ??

wh wh wh wh whaaaaat the heck,even if they won in 12 and that was CCs yr thats still not 3 out of 4 like you said 3 out of last 4

and 5 out of eight .,They have won 2 out of last six like Trinity and I guess 4 out of eight I dont know I didnt look ,either way

Tbis Crazyman was right and you were wrong on multiple statements .

As for the comment I made that you were so kindly commenting on and reminding me that wrestling did not begin in 2012 ,I have to stick with it ,Union has dominated the small school div and won state and state duals but the last few yrs They have not been the best team ,CC won in 12 runner up to x and dual champs in 13 ,and runner ups to Union in 14 .I think thats a better record or at least equal if your counting duals ,

I am impressed with the way Union has been able to re-load from last year. I would have thought this would be a rebuilding year with losing 6 seniors from last year, of which 5 of the six were on the podium! They look to be in the hunt again this year and even if they do not win the title this year their future looks very good.

• Upvote 1

Since this thread is for state duals, we should talk about kywca state duals titles. Here is the last ten years( nice round number). I'm ju st posting to clarify. Khsaa has the state team title records.

Click Here for Results

Past KYWCA State Dual Champions

2014 - Big School: Saint Xavier Small School: Union County

2013 - Big School: Campbell County Small School: Union County

2012 - Union County

2011 - LaRue County

2010 - Cancelled Due to Weather

2009 - Cancelled Due to Weather

2008 - Louisville Trinity

2007 - LaRue County

2006 - LaRue County

2005 - Woodford County

Khsaa state team champions

2014-union

2013-st x

2012-campbell

2011-union

2010-trinity

2009- trinity

2008- union

2007- union

2006- woodford

2005- woodford

• Upvote 1

thanks coach.  I was going by memory at first and mis-gave Union one title.

2014-union
2013-st x
2012-campbell
2011-union
2010-trinity
2009- trinity
2008- union
2007- union
2006- woodford 
2005- woodford 

Yep  Campbell right on par with Union.  No way to see that any differently. Nope.  1 title in 8 yrs about the same as 4 I guess.

• Upvote 1

I tried to get this passed coach. Other coaches voted against it based on what they were hearing from their region.

Just my two cents, but that's ridiculous.

What's one Saturday to set aside for this? Qualifying for State Duals used to be a big deal, because a lot of folks felt that it crowned the true team state champs. It's almost sad what it's become now, with teams choosing not to participate for whatever reason. If an illness has hit their team, that's one thing.

thanks coach.  I was going by memory at first and mis-gave Union one title.

2014-union

2013-st x

2012-campbell

2011-union

2010-trinity

2009- trinity

2008- union

2007- union

2006- woodford 

2005- woodford 

Yep  Campbell right on par with Union.  No way to see that any differently. Nope.  1 title in 8 yrs about the same as 4 I guess.

you should also recgonize the fact that Union typically sends 12-14 wrestlers to state from a region that has been historically weaker than region 6 were they to be in region 6 or 4 they would send fewer wrestlers. the latest rankings has region 6 at 604pts

region 4 at 573 and region 1 a distant 443 and the vast majority of those points are all loaded on one team. so by having the advantage of being in a weaker region thereby sending more to a tourney with the  extra chances to score more points. than a team from a stronger region. So the state duals are a good avenue to gage overall team strength. Last year I thought Union had the best team hands down. reguardless of which region you put them in, dual or tourney. This year I think St.X looks like the team that has the fewest weak links. but their region will weed more of them out. Trinity has 4 good looks at state champs but more empty weight classes. Union will once again flood in 13-14 with 2 probable champs. And region 6 will once again score the most region points.

pairity between CC, Ryle, Simon Kenton, Walton Varona, Scott, Cooper,and the rest will challenge any team to send more than 7 to the dance.

Ok pal someone said union had dominated the last few yrs ,not decade ,And a win and 2 runner ups is better than a win .Plain and simple ,Your the one posting multiple wrong facts ,like 3out of the last four and five out of 8 lol what a joke you get set straight and still try to come out on top ,Admirable but laughable as well.And yes there is no comparison to the regions at all .Also I would wonder if those stud teams from the past in reg six had as much comp from Louisville and Union as they do now ,I doubt it .

Where did Union place at the Rumble ?

Just my two cents, but that's ridiculous.

What's one Saturday to set aside for this? Qualifying for State Duals used to be a big deal, because a lot of folks felt that it crowned the true team state champs. It's almost sad what it's become now, with teams choosing not to participate for whatever reason. If an illness has hit their team, that's one thing.

You say it used be a big deal because Gary Canter who was an easy interview for you made it out to be something bigger than it was. I don't blame him. I would have done the same if I wasn't ever going to win a KHSAA title. We have a single tournament for a state champion and it gets further diluted with this big/small school thing.

You say it used be a big deal because Gary Canter who was an easy interview for you made it out to be something bigger than it was. I don't blame him. I would have done the same if I wasn't ever going to win a KHSAA title. We have a single tournament for a state champion and it gets further diluted with this big/small school thing.

Who mentioned Canter?

Yeah, he was great to work with, but he wasn't the only one saying the State Duals were a big deal. And I agree with you that it's been further watered down by the split. I don't know how to "fix" it, either.

I wouldn't give Union bulletin board material and a few seem to be forgetting this was "supposed" to be a down year for them

Crazyman,

Union was state champs 3 out of last 4 yrs. and 5 out of the last 8.  These results are available on khsaa.org.  Wrestling did not start in KY in 2012.

me trying to figure out how one title is better than one title and two runner up performances in the last few yrs not last 8 , And of course wth you were talking about when you posted this giberish .

So far-

Section 1 Big school

Christian county/Ohio County

Section 1 small school

Union county/ Calloway County

Section 4 small school

Wayne county/Boyle county (not attending)

Any others in yet?

Campbell and Ryle out of region 6 with SK in third not sure on small school

Josh Claywell

The reason why some teams cannot give up a Saturday is they are like GOO said already committed to tourneys (some they have been going to since the early 90's).  To force a team to change its schedule for ease of identifying state dual qualifiers is kind of crazy.  I went and watched whatever section Region 6 is and it was only four teams CC, Ryle, SK, and Dixie.  6 has enough teams to make it a two day dual tourney, but the teams that did not show can't fill a line-up.

My point is to force a team like Cooper to go to duals (they had 6 or 7 kids at the conference the week before) in which they are giving up 42 points and have no chance to win the dual makes absolutely no sense to me, when they can go to another event and get better competition for the athletes they have.

And for the distance

Union hosts it this year shouldn't it be moved from section to section each year?  Who pays for the venue if it is not at a school?

Neverbreak, I get that. But what I'm wondering is why teams can't have the duals penciled in on their schedule and have another on the docket just in case they don't qualify? I know a few teams around my area did that, choosing to enter Fort Knox's tournament in case they didn't make it to State Duals.

I'm not trying to argue anything; just trying to better understand it all.

As far as I can tell based off all the posts

Large school:

Christian Co

Ohio Co

Fern Creek

Meade Co

Oldham Co

North Hardin

Trinity (Louisville)

ST. X

Campbell Co

Ryle