Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

State dual qualifiers

I know section duals have already started, let's get a list going of teams.

I know the last few years there has been problems of teams not wrestling in section duals and teams not going to state duals even though they qualify. I hope teams realize we are trying build this event and what a great experience it is for these teams.

Big school

SECTIONAL 1: Apollo, Barren Co (no team), Christian Co, Daviess Co, Hopkinsville, Graves Co, McCracken Co, Ohio Co, Owensboro

SECTIONAL 2: Boone Co, Campbell Co, Conner, Cooper, Dixie Heights, Ryle, Simon Kenton

SECTIONAL 3: Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Johnson Central (small school top 4 last season), Lafayette, Madison Central, Madison Southern, Montgomery Co, Dunbar, Tates Creek, Whitley Co

SECTIONAL 4: Anderson Co, Central Hardin, Grant Co, John Hardin, North Hardin, Oldham Co, Scott Co, South Oldham, Woodford Co

SECTIONAL 5: Bullitt Central, Bullitt East, Fairdale, Fern Creek, Iroquois, Meade Co, North Bullitt, PRP, Southern, Valley

SECTIONAL 6: Atherton, Central, Dupont Manuel, Eastern, J-town, Male, Seneca, St. X, Trinity

Small school

SECTIONAL 1: Caldwell, Calloway, Ft. Campbell, Tilghman, Todd Central, Trigg, Trinity (Whitesville), Union, UHA

SECTIONAL 2: Cov. Cath, Holmes, Lex Cath, Lexington Christian, Newport, Scott, Walton-Verona

SECTIONAL 3: Ashland Blazer, Belfry, Bourbon, Boyd, East Ridge, Harrison, Phelps, Pike Central, Sheldon Clark

SECTIONAL 4: Boyle, Danville, Letcher Central, McCreary Central, Perry Central, Wayne

SECTIONAL 5: Franklin Co, KSB, Moore, North Oldham, Shawnee, Spencer Co, Waggener, Western, Western Hills

SECTIONAL 6: DeSales, Doss, Fort Knox, LaRue, Holy Cross, Nelson, Taylor, Thomas Nelson

Thanks for the info coachteater.

And like Crazyhorse, shocked that Union made it!

Don't look now, but they may turn into being  really good wresting school. :D  

• Upvote 2

Small school section 4- Wayne and Boyle co qualify.

Boyle declines state duals. As does 3rd place Danville. By the rule, this will let a 3 from another section get in now.

Cmon you guys if Union can do it anyone can LOL One stop light in the whole town and they are going ,But I did forget State duals are there ,And that brings up the real issue WOW good thing gas prices are down .

Those schools have traveled for years. What does it hurt to give them a chance? If there was a school in any other part of the state that was willing to host we would take it there as well. We are trying to be fair. This was voted on by the representatives selected to represent each region. This was not a one or two person decision. And while I'm at it, what does this have to do with teams not attending Sectionals. The sectionals were put together geographically. If it sounds like I am frustrated...it is because I am. The coaches wanted this split yet teams don't show up to their own sectional. Trying to get teams to fill spots is a nightmare. IF it was up to me and me only....... we would go back to the regional qualifiers and one class. But it is not up to me and as the President I will take what was voted on and make the best event I can.

Can we mandate that the sectional qualifiers are held on the same day across the state?  Scheduling plays a part I'm sure.  One section wanted to hold theirs on a weeknight that would force other teams to travel to wrestle several duals on a school night.  If they're mandated to all be on the same day then scheduling doesn't become an issue because kids would get several matches that day instead of one or two.  I'll agree that it's a waste of a Saturday to go to the qualifier if only two other teams are there because the others are at various tournaments.

I agree Union does deserve a shot at having it ,I was just saying ,its a haul ,and I know the Union team has to travel a lot ,its all good and yes its good gas prices are down lol.

So can you verify that the points do or do not go against a team.

splitting into big and small kinda took away from state duals anyway and now with teams bailing on sectionals and refusing bids its obvious Ky should go back to the old way. 8 regions, 2 teams per region qualify, meet up in late January and decide who the best dual team is in the state.

I'm happy for union they get to host something, hell they pretty much run the state the last several years so they deserve a big home meet and their fans are some of the best and will show up in full force.    But are there hotels available for teams travelling 5+ hours?

• Upvote 1

I agree that there should be uniformity on the dates. It is a scheduling nightmare for teams and for those that host tournaments during January as the teams available are constantly rotating. I also agree regional duals had a special feeling sectionals do not.

In closing I'll say that the wrestling community at large is lucky to have someone as dedicated to the sport as Coach McCoy. Thank you for all your hard work in all the aspects both public and private in Kentucky. He does more for the sport than anybody right now.

• Upvote 2

I'll tell you this.  The small school sectionals in our region were changed last minute the last two years.  This year the confusion was on which day it was on. Either the weekday or the weekend.  Found out it was both.  Kind of hard to schedule for that.  Who gets punished for the change in day/days? Teams can't get out of engagements to other tourneys on last minute without a financial penalty and not being invited back the next year.  If it were scheduled on the same day each year it helps with scheduling.  If every school in the state goes to the sectional then there really is not problem.  

Sounds to me that the only way to get this problem solved is to get KHSAA to sanction the event.  Kind of like the regional and state tourney.  "You can only wrestle at these events on this day, or don't wrestle at all on that day". 

3 out of the last 4 dual states maybe ,not overall state champs,And wrestling didnt start with you pal ,CC,X ,Union 12 ,13,14,thats reality .And thats not ,3 out of Four ,And if your being a wise Azz about when my sons came to KY they were Born here in 94 ,95 and 2008.Even have a few youth titles here.Of course the two champs.will wrestle its at Union isnt it .

Sign in to follow this