KentuckyWrestler

November 29th

Commodore Duals @ tates creek- Nov 29th

Franklin co

Louisville Male

North Oldham

Tates Creek

Evansville central

Campbell co b-team (I was told some varsity guys will be on this team)

Defender duals Bryan Station

Teams: Bryan Station, Danville, Campbell County, Scott County, Bourbon County, Madison Southern, Woodford County, Whitley County, Holmes, Harrison County and Walton Verona.

I assume that the Tates Creek duals will be round robin so all participants get 5 matches. What is the format for the Defender Duals?

Defender duals is a team dual format. I think 10 teams, two pools.

Harrison I hear is looking tough this year. Also how will Walton Verona and Harrison match up against Woodford?

Woodford having two teams again kind of scares me. Reminds me of the old days. Excited to see them compete this weekend.

Big Brother Duals @ Moore this weekend will have (from dual rankings since this is a dual tourney) #1 St. Xavier, #6 Fern Creek, #10 Moore, #14 N. Hardin, and Scott.  Should be a lot of great matchups and very close duals.

The Defender Duals should be interesting. I would guess if it is seeded, WC will be one side, with HC and WV on the other. I'm guessing it will be WC vs WV in the finals with WC winning. Just a guess. The lightweights should be fireworks. Also, will St X be bringing their "A" team to Moore? They tend to wrestle out of state quite a bit. Just curious.

I wouldn't be shocked if Woodford took a close loss, actually.   I'm just unsure of how the top half of their lineup will pan out. If a team like Harrison or WV has some lightweights who can avoid being pinned by Tucker/Fallon/Hurst/Roberts then the pendulum could swing back their way when the bigger boys wrestle.

I have zero insight to any of these teams, just speculating based on the early rankings.

Dual tournaments early in the season are always tough to judge. Football season impacts some of the bigger guys and teams aren't always at full strength. I still prefer dual tournaments they are easier on the fans to follow and usually make for a shorter day in the gym.

St. X always brings their A team to big brother duals. Believe it or not Moore has had some good wrestling teams the past few years. So has fern creek.

• Upvote 2

State results from the past few years.

2011 St.X 5, FC 35, Moore 39

2012 St.X 7, FC 59, Moore 18

2013 St.X 1, FC 20, Moore 11

2014 St.X 4, FC 8, Moore 19

As I stated in an earlier post it surprises me that these two teams would defeat St.X. If you look at the state results St.X is always in the top 10, Fern Creek once and Moore never. I meant nothing negative by my post just my thoughts on the matter. Good luck to everyone.

Sign in to follow this