Sign in to follow this  
NO-OX 1

Breathing Issues at the Horse Park

Not sure when they got rid of the brackets or even why.  It seems to me it was not that long ago.  They use to give brackets out at District, Region, and State for the champions.  I did get my fair share of brackets and after a couple of years they were lost or hidden in a closet.  Brackets are cheap.  How much are they $3-5.  An extra $70 for the champs and $140 if the finalists get them.  

Maybe is they sold brackets to the fans they could raise the money for brackets for the finalists. 

Or maybe each region can sponsor 1 or 2 wt. classes and pay for that wt. classes bracket.  Or maybe find a sponsor who would do all the brackets.  

If they are that big of a deal then lets get it done.  I don't care who pays for it. 

plantmanky1 has anyone ever explored Louisville Gardens as an option? What pros or cons do you see with it?

I believe the city condemned the building for events and was in process of making it into office space or something. 

I did find this about it.  http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2014/07/30/city-seeks-developer-louisville-gardens/13331723/

sorry but THE STATE CHAMPS IN KY DO NOT EVEN GET A BRACKET .its ridiculous .

of course the coaches got some nice Booty a couple yrs back didnt they .

trust me the wrestlers know they get the short end of the stick come awards time .

Dont make excuses for no Brackets for champs maybe if you win a couple you might agree.

My Freshman year(87-88)I definitely remember jackets and brackets being given out,in addition to a faceoff pic with the referee given to finalists.

By the time time I was a Senior(90-91) we received Brackets and a generic hat for a State title. In my mind, it obviously comes down to sponsorship. We lost it and I am unsure why. Whomever leads this may want to step up.We have gained value as a state. It seems as though we have lost the corporate side. Our state has improved immensely in the last 20 years, lets do it justice by stepping up for the kids.FYI, I have been a member of the KHSWCA rep.committee and it is very difficult to pass new ideas through the KHSAA.

BTW, Am I wrong to think that a TARP(multiple tarps) put down on the dirt floor underneath the plastic perforated tiles could possibly improve the breathing issues being discussed?

I am sure it is an extra expense, but it sure seems like it would curtail respiratory issues.

BTW, Am I wrong to think that a TARP(multiple tarps) put down on the dirt floor underneath the plastic perforated tiles could possibly improve the breathing issues being discussed?

I am sure it is an extra expense, but it sure seems like it would curtail respiratory issues.

I posted earlier but it won't work, the floor needs the dirt to settle and lock in and will not level with a tarp under it.  I wouldn't have believed it either till I saw them put it down once, now I know why they charge what they charge to put the floor down.    

I posted earlier but it won't work, the floor needs the dirt to settle and lock in and will not level with a tarp under it.  I wouldn't have believed it either till I saw them put it down once, now I know why they charge what they charge to put the floor down.

Fair enough.Now I know

Oh yeah Coach Brown I remember those ugly brown jackets. I would have killed for one back in the day. Dreamed about those things.

Let me just say this. The bracket issue is being worked on. At least for the state champs. Can't help you and the fans GOO.

What about watering the dirt and then putting a tarp over it? I know at construction sites they put water on the dirt so it stays on the ground and it doesn't get pulled up into the air. With that and a tarp I imagine it would be good for both days, or at least with a watering at the beginning of each day.

Then they could have extra padding because they would be wrestling on mudd or just pull up the tarps and water it down and we xan watch all the CC moms mud wrassle .

What about EKU then? Do they have anything like Diddle Arena? Maybe KY State U in Frankfort has a facility we could use. I always liked the idea of the state tournament being in the state capitol.

EKU's arena, IIRC, isn't big enough to put down six mats. KSU has an on-campus gym, but it isn't very big and doubles as the student activity center. Kentucky State rarely, if ever, plays at the Civic Center.

The venue issue is a direct result of our post season structure issue. Time to beat a dead horse. No pun intended. It is time to stop the watered down 32 man bracket. We have succeeded in getting our numbers up, wasn't that the goal? So now, I propose to end this 32 man State Tournament stuff. However you want to structure it, Districts, Regionals, State, or Regionals, Semi State, State. Whatever you want to call it, go back to a 16 man bracket. You can do a traditional 2 day tournament or you can knock it down to a one day tournament by eliminating kids that get beat in the first round. I know this isn't the most popular idea, but it does open up a whole new world of venues for us.

I'd be in favor of bringing districts back, especially since the regions are getting so crowded and spaced out even more. Region 2 stretches from Meade County to Owensboro now. I wish there was a way to move the central time zone teams to another region, but it is what it is.

I'd be in favor of bringing districts back, especially since the regions are getting so crowded and spaced out even more. Region 2 stretches from Meade County to Owensboro now. I wish there was a way to move the central time zone teams to another region, but it is what it is.

Look How far regions 7 & 8 stretch.  McCreary all the way to Fayette in region 7 and Harrison to Pike in region 8. 

I started a thread about splitting the regions in half, calling them districts, in order to reduce the area of the regions. Only the finalists would qualify which would keep the 32 man bracket. Thoughts?

After talking with the Horse Park today to discuss future venues with them for 2016. I brought up the dust issue and was told that it has been discussed with KHSAA and been resolved. they have purchased a mat to put underneath the floor, and was used for the Cheerleading competition without any complaints of dust issues. If this is correct, I think this venue will continue to a great place to wrestle.

After talking with the Horse Park today to discuss future venues with them for 2016. I brought up the dust issue and was told that it has been discussed with KHSAA and been resolved. they have purchased a mat to put underneath the floor, and was used for the Cheerleading competition without any complaints of dust issues. If this is correct, I think this venue will continue to a great place to wrestle.

Not sure why they couldn't have done that to begin with.

Common sense says folks were going to have breathing issues, what all the dirt and dander floating around in the arena.

Sign in to follow this