Sign in to follow this  
supernat

2014-2015 State Duals

Can anyone pass along info on state duals this year? I'm just wondering if there are still going to be two divisions and if anyone has the information, the districts or regions that they are using to decide who gets to go to this year.

Thanks in advance!!

State Duels are in Union County this season. Before anyone has a hissy fit...this may be the best venue ever. ALL 8 MATS IN THE SAME ARENA. From what I've been told by others who have been to this place (not UCHS but on the fairgrounds) it has ample seating, lots of room for the mats, yet we can still get the loud and crazy feeling when the fans get loud. 

As for sectionals, I have no clue. I heard things are being shaken up to compensate for enrollments, new teams, etc. I would hope since it is on the KYWCA website in the "meeting notes" that it was attached (sadly it wasn't), we will get atleast a draft here soon so fans can begin to plan for the trips. 

Im a fan of Union but Hissy fit indeed not anywhere near centrally Located .People will not want to travel that far for a tournament that does not get the hype it deserves to begin with .Bad move IMO

Sounds like another place that will give another unfair disadvantage to certain wrestlers. Surely my kid is not the only one with breathing issues. Not sure why we aren't looking out for every wrestler

I feel for the Western Ky fans who travel 3-4 hours to get to the state duals.  However, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one".  Not having the state duals at least somewhat centrally located will hurt attendance and maybe hurt those schools that can attend.  Some of the smaller programs that qualify may be unable to attend because of cost.  Both in fuel and now an overnight cost.  Think about how far Johnson Central or Sheldon Clark will have to travel.

Hopefully this is just a one year switch.  If so then I feel a little better about it.  Western Ky has to travel all the time.  We can throw them a bone once in a while.

It looks like the Hotel choices are nil to none in Morganfield.  I guess everyone will be staying in the Henderson/Evansville area or Owensboro.  Anyone have any information on where they are staying?

I look for the small school state duals to be lead by Union County, Moore, and it looks like Harrison County could sneak up into the top three this year. Large school state duals will be very interesting to see. Your best bet hotel wise is to stay in Henderson which is about 20 miles away or Evansville right across the river.

Im a fan of Union but Hissy fit indeed not anywhere near centrally Located .People will not want to travel that far for a tournament that does not get the hype it deserves to begin with .Bad move IMO

350 Miles 7 Hours on Bus? 

• Downvote 1

State Duels is being rotated around the state for a few years from what I understand. Louisville 2 years ago, Montgomery last season, Union this season. I'm thinking they will be around E-town (Central Hardin maybe?) next season then back to Louisville/NKY the season after. The point was to try and get a little interest in the event if I remember correctly. And Ranger is right...you never hear Trigg, Union, Calloway, Caldwell or any of the other DEEP WKY teams complain about driving to eastern ky for middle school state or even state duels last season...just sayin.

On another note, I feel like we need to be looking for venues such as Union's where ALL 8 mats can be in the same place and us not be split between 2 gyms...unless we want to put small school and large school divisions in two separate locations. Might be impossible, but it makes for a better atmosphere and overall enjoyable time I feel. 

Sign in to follow this