Sign in to follow this  
Oldhamwrestling2012

Possible upsets

What are some upsets that you could see happening?

106 I could see Saul beating Hernandez (is this really a upset??)

113 Joey Roberts could upset some guys (already beat Vega and smith)

126 Caleb Austin could pull the upset over blackwell (last match was OT)

132 maggard over beeler (not a huge upset though)

160 agyeman over rusch (happened once already)

170 turner over meiman not really a upset though

182 Dodd over shecklett

220 mueller over Myers (don't see it but heard a rumor it's possible)

Hwt raynel over young

I'd hardly consider Dodd beating Shacklet an upset..... Dodds very good.... He's beaten Leaton twice who beat Frankrone..... Leaton has also pinned Shacklet 3 times and Braden Jones pinned Leaton last Saturday and him and Dodd have battled every match... There's about 10 guys in the 182s who on any given match could beat each other.....The 182's are deep and very good...

I'm not really sure of the kids name but if you're talking about the heavy from Nelson County yes I do believe he could handle Young this year

ATM Austin Myers won't get beat by Mueller . Muellers good though

Young and brown may not even see each other. Don't see a headlock beating young. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it would be a fluke. Only way I see him getting beat is by a smaller faster guy, like Bryant did last year. Imo

I think HWT is wide out really. Looking at Youngs results, he hasn't dominated kids like I thought he would have. All comes down to who can move on bottom and not let another guy lay on top of them. Young seems to have the build to be a very good top position wrestler. Will be interesting to see the bracket. 

132 maggard over beeler (not a huge upset though)

C. Beeler is wrestling 126 at Regions

W. Beeler is wrestling 138 at Regions

per Region 2 seeds and brackets in Track Wrestling

I know this kid isn't on anyone's radar .... With all the talk about Trevor Thompson, Eli Miller and Dariius Parrot in the 195's .. Parrot is a stud who is a great kid and is going to be tough to beat.. of the 3 Miller has improved the most.. Trevor is a beast who has alot more technique than most give him credit for.. but..... here's my off the radar pick and I don't think I've seen this kids name mentioned anywhere on here when talking about 195's.... Devin Morrow from Wayne County is the I'd say the states most improved wrestler... I was with him for about 3 hours at a practice at a college facility and I can assure you the kid has flat worked hard and there's a reason he's undefeated including 2 tech wins over macintosh from Oldham....It would not shock me to see Morrow win the 195's at the horsepark..... He's strong, quick and is determined and I look forward to watching these 4 go at it down state ! Morrow you heard it here first .. trust me he's very good !!

Morrow is legit and determined a true student of the sport , best of luck to that young man , Thompson seems on a mission and anyone not prepared will be beaten quickly by him .

Zack Lawson HWT for Nelson Co. just signed with Lindsey Wilson. So congrats to him and his family. There is your champ at Hwt.

Ackley at 152 for Nelson Co. will open a lot of eyes this year...dark horse finalist. Kid had only one match not a major or pin this year. Those boys have been putting in a lot of extra work this year. Good luck to them both.

Something to remember.....Any one can be beaten on any given day.  It is the nature of the beast. This time of the year you don't know what can happen.  We've all seen it before. Everyone just needs to come in with their "A" game plan and go for it!

.Any one can be beaten on any given day.  It is the nature of the beast. This time of the year you don't know what can happen.  We've all seen it before.

AKA  Travis Sullivan his sr year.

Sign in to follow this