Sign in to follow this  
Snoopy

Who Will Be This Years MS State Champs and What Teams Will Win It All

What kids will take home the middle school state titles and what teams? Anyone want to take a stab at this?

70?
75?
80?
86?
92?
98?
105?
113?
121?
130?
140?
152?
168?
190?
230?

Team or Club??

70 Twenhofle kid 75 union kid 80 tom from Campbell 86 Woodford kid 92 Roth WV 98 bender bluegrass 105 Moore Campbell 113 smith WV 121 Hammons WV 130 kid from John Hardin 140 river city kid after that I'm lost

70- Escalera

75- Brown

80- Adams

86- Tucker

92- Roth

98- Bender

105- Moore

113- Smith

121- Gray

130- Johnson

140- Gamble

152- Dulak

168- Littlefield

190- Irving

240- Wheeler

These are my picks.... Good luck to all wrestling at the State Tournament, it should be exciting! This is the first time in 5 years I didn't have a qualifier, safe wrestling!

From Region 4 I belive all these wrestlers can win gold

86 Tucker

98 Bender

140 Gamble

168 Denny

190 Irving

With the right drawl I belive these wrestlers can get on the podium

70 Deck

75 Fletcher

80 Purvis

92 Miller

Hvy Benton

I agree with most of that. But I believe 80 Purvis Elk can win gold, Shortridge JC Hvy can get on the podium and Baker 140 Mad also can place.

I agree with most of that. But I believe 80 Purvis Elk can win gold, Shortridge JC Hvy can get on the podium and Baker 140 Mad also can place.

Agreed, I also think Deck at 70 from Madison can get on the podium.

I think the younger Deck at 70lbs is better than his brother at 86lbs.  He definitely can win gold.  I know those Grandstaff kids from the Hawks are tough at 70/75 and Woodland has a tremendous 70lber. 

Thomas Deck and Ricky Purvis at 80lbs should definitely be ranked in the top 5.  No doubt.  Shay Horton from Ryle is the toughest kid I have seen all year and he was at 86lbs when I saw him.  Ketchen-Carter from Campbell Co is my favorite at 80 with Horton a close second.

• Upvote 1

I think the younger Deck at 70lbs is better than his brother at 86lbs.  He definitely can win gold.  I know those Grandstaff kids from the Hawks are tough at 70/75 and Woodland has a tremendous 70lber

Thomas Deck and Ricky Purvis at 80lbs should definitely be ranked in the top 5.  No doubt.  Shay Horton from Ryle is the toughest kid I have seen all year and he was at 86lbs when I saw him.  Ketchen-Carter from Campbell Co is my favorite at 80 with Horton a close second.

Brendan Pye is a 75lber.  Every kid in Region 3 from this weight class has a chance to podium, and I think one of the 4 will certainly make the finals (Spaulding, Frietsch, Grandstaff, Pye).  

• Upvote 1

I think the younger Deck at 70lbs is better than his brother at 86lbs.  He definitely can win gold.  I know those Grandstaff kids from the Hawks are tough at 70/75 and Woodland has a tremendous 70lber. 

Both Decks are awesome wrestlers. But I think IMO the older Deck is the best right now. The 70lb class at region wasn't very tough at all. While the older Decks class 86lb was stacked. I've watched them both wrestle 3 or 4 times and every time I come away saying both Decks are great but the older Deck just jumps out at me for some reason.

70  McCormick
75  Grandstaff as long as he can control his nerves
80  Adams
86  Tucker
92  Roth
98  Bender
105 Moore
113 Smith

After 113 I'm lost.

Team:  Walton

70- Escalera

75- Brown

80- Adams

86- Tucker

92- Roth

98- Bender

105- Moore

113- Smith

121- Gray

130- Johnson

140- Gamble

152- Dulak

168- Littlefield

190- Irving

240- Wheeler

These are my picks.... Good luck to all wrestling at the State Tournament, it should be exciting! This is the first time in 5 years I didn't have a qualifier, safe wrestling!

I think Gamble will have all he wants out of Smallwood.  I believe there will be an upset in several peoples eyes. Smallwood wants it and I believe he will get what he wants.

70 Escalera vs Whorton - Escalera wins this, kid is very good. Score 6-5

75 Brown vs Pye - Brown solid kid, wins here. Score 6-1

80 Ketchen-Carter vs Horton - Ketchen Carter wins, score 5-5 (OT) KC gets take down to win

86 Tucker vs Taylor - Tucker wins here, another very tough kid. Score is 8-5

92 Roth vs Wheeler - Roth is ridiculously tough here, he wins this match. Score is a major dec or TF (could be MOW match)

98 Bender vs Ervin - Bender wins this match, to strong for anyone in this class. Score 7-2

105 Moore vs Bell - Moore another solid and strong kid here. Score 12-6 (could be MOW match)

113 Smith vs Whorton - Smith is wearing kids out. Too much for Whorton. Score 11-0 (could be MOW match)

121 Gray vs Livers - Gray tough kid wins here. Score 12-4 (could be MOW match) but I think that 113 and 121 doesn't have the solid talent of kids overall as some of the other weights.

130 Johnson vs Ritchie - Johnson dominates here. Score major dec or TF (could be MOW match)

140 Gamble vs Smallwood - Gamble pins here. (could be MOW match)

152 Bratcher vs Thome - Thome is a man, he wins this class. Score 9-0

168 Denny vs Littlefield - Denny wins here, to much for Littlefield. Score 8-4

190 Irving vs Hasl - Hasl wins here in a OT match. Score 4-4, hasl takes Irving down.

240 Dywer vs Smith - upsets throughout the day in this weight class. Smith wins by pin.

School Champs - North Oldham

Club Champs - River City

• Downvote 1

70- Escalera vs McCormick - going with McCormick in sort of an upset 5-3

75- Brown vs Deckard - got Brown here 6-3

80- Purvis vs Ketchen-Carter - I think Purvis is ready to win a big match 4-3

86- Tucker vs Taylor - Tucker in a major 12-3

92- Roth vs Bixler - Bixler makes it to the finals but Roth is to much here I say a Tech here for Roth

98- Bender vs Kraszig - Bender wins 8-2

105- Moore vs Riley - Moore with a pin here

113- Smith vs Whorton - going with Smith 5-2

121- Gray vs Lilard - Gray with a pin here

130- Johnson vs Ritchie - Ritchie in a upset 3-1

140- Gamble vs Smallwood - Gamble wins here 7-3

152- Bratcher vs Thomd - I say Bratcher 5-2

168- Denny vs Littlefield - Denny pins here for the win

190- Karl-Irving vs Washingon - Irving pins here also

240- Spell vs Canaday - Spell 6-1

I expect some upsets this weekend. Should make for a exciting day of wrestling. Can't wait.

I don't see how anyone who watched the region 4 tourney can still so surely pick Gamble. Maybe he was just having an off day, but out of all the favorites he looks to be the most likely to be upset. Hopefully he'll leave all his Hollywood antics back in JC this time too.

Hollywood, if you only knew the kid. He's nothing like that. I honestly didn't see were you got that from.

Were you watching him? There were comments all day about the way he was carrying himself. Pointing out to the crowd before one match, pointing over to the stage after another... Trying to act like a show off after almost getting beat, no way I would let my kid act like that. Same thing I always tell kids, act like you've been there before.

Yes I seen him point to his father for a second after he had a tough match. He just wanted to share that moment with his father. I didn't see anything wrong with that personally. I didn't see his pointing as someone trying to showboat. As far as him carrying his self, are you talking about him walking around with a hood on his head before his finals match. He is a kid that gets into the zone before a match nothing more.

But if you knew the kid you would understand he is the farthest thing from a Hollywood acting kid. He takes time for the younger kids in the community not only in wrestling but with football and basebal as well. He's always nice to every kid he spends time with and tries to help them anyway he can. I understand you just have that one day to judge him on. but remember you are still judging a kid and your comments may hurt a kid that doesn't deserve to be hurt by an adult on a message board. When that kinds nothing like tour describing. I wished you would have room a minute and spoke to Gamble that day. You would've understood after that minute that your assessment of his attitude was incorrect. Butbivebdone it also. Sit back and watch someone who maybe coming off in the wrong way. Or maybe you were just looking for a reason to dislike a good kid.

70- Escalera vs McCormick - going with McCormick in sort of an upset 5-3

75- Brown vs Deckard - got Brown here 6-3

80- Purvis vs Ketchen-Carter - I think Purvis is ready to win a big match 4-3

86- Tucker vs Taylor - Tucker in a major 12-3

92- Roth vs Bixler - Bixler makes it to the finals but Roth is to much here I say a Tech here for Roth

98- Bender vs Kraszig - Bender wins 8-2

105- Moore vs Riley - Moore with a pin here

113- Smith vs Whorton - going with Smith 5-2

121- Gray vs Lilard - Gray with a pin here

130- Johnson vs Ritchie - Ritchie in a upset 3-1

140- Gamble vs Smallwood - Gamble wins here 7-3

152- Bratcher vs Thomd - I say Bratcher 5-2

168- Denny vs Littlefield - Denny pins here for the win

190- Karl-Irving vs Washingon - Irving pins here also

240- Spell vs Canaday - Spell 6-1

I expect some upsets this weekend. Should make for a exciting day of wrestling. Can't wait.

At 140 I believe that Smallwood wins this one.  Have you watched him wrestle?  I believe that Noah Davis from Larue will get further than Ritchie. It will be Steven Livers and Gray in the finals for 121.

Yes I've watched Smallwood. Saw him this past weekend. No doubt the kid is a great wrestler and if he and Gamble get to wrestle it should be a great match.

I like throwing some upsets in there. Because they will be upsets.