Sign in to follow this  
bocowrestling

Observations From High School State - Positive and Negative

As far as just the medals go, they've always been about the same size. I do believe wrestlers should have received a filled out bracket, and there should have been some for parents and grandparents to buy. I do miss the closeness and unity that Frankfort provided us with. I loved the prefinals party and electric atmosphere Frankfort offered. The spotlight finals with the music, camaraderie, the chance of release before finals. The preparty offers a chance for parents, families, friends, old timers, and interested spectators to join in at one 10 minute celebration for their whole seasons hard work. We had non wrestling parents come just to see how we celebrate our wrestlers and they were appalled (as with us) at the knifing of balls and the people walking and telling the kids to get the balls back to their seats or they would take them. Way to go Kentucky wrestling. Now I'm off to enjoy my 10.00 steak meal.

for all of those who think your kids were playing in dirt. It was synthetic Dirt and shredded carpet. They dont use "real" dirt its too harsh on the horses and i am positive u didnt smell cows at a horse park

They have livestock shows there, including cattle and oxen. They also have rodeos, with calf roping, according to a google search.

I like the fact that it is a two day event. I would like see a better mat for the finals. KHSAA logo w/ an outline of the state would be cool. A huge mat as well so when the wrestlers go out they still stay on the same surface.  Pump up the finals more. Give the boys credit for their accomplishment of reaching the finals, a parade of champions with indoor fireworks/fog machine/music, and video highlights of the tournament. I go to the Ohio championship every year. The parade of champions is the highlight for many in attendance.

• Upvote 1

The refs did seem very inconsistent stalling calls against CC.It's probably due to my huge bias for them but it just seemed when CC was on top and stalling they were righly called, but when someone else was on top nothing happened.

This coming from a father that screamed in the face of his sons mother it was her fault he lost the match because she bought a two thousand dollar horse. I was setting there and heard the whole thing. You are completely insane. I think you've done one to many cycles of roids because the way you reacted was crazy. I felt very sorry and embarrassed for your wife as did the rest of the Campbell County parents. You truely have no class.

You are obviously drunk that would be a nag it was a lot more than that ,f U

• Downvote 1

How about getting refs that are more consistent? Maybe out of state refs.

I think the guy about 8 years ago that called pins off his belly was really good and consistent too.

Why do we have the members of the KWCA giving the medals to the placers? (not taking anything away from the KWCA)

We should get special guests to do this.  Like last years winners (if they were seniors)

Wouldn't be nice if the KHSAA gave the family of all state champions a pass for the next years state tourney and asked the seniors to give the medals to the state champions.

Maybe have special front row seats for those graduated state champions to watch the placement rounds.

GOO, I think your heart is in the right place, but if we were going to have a special guest doing the honor, how about the inductees to the Coach's Hall of Fame? I think that would mean more to most of these guys. Just a thought.

I think the KHSAA only has 2 or 3 living members that are coaches in the Hall of Fame, Phil Coomes, Joe Carr Sr and Rusty Parks. The other members are I think Orville Williams and Jim Perrin from Christian Co. Actually Tacket should be handing out medals, but I like your idea too GOO

What if the state champions parent handed out the award. And if someone doesn't have a parent present then let the coach, he is your parent from October 15th - February 15th