Sign in to follow this  
eville dad

Best KY Team Ever?

Austin's wins were cut short last yr with Rules , they mean nothing to us anymore , he will however have quite a few pins , Austin has not lost a folkstyle match since the sixth grade to Bo in season and only one out of season to a HS kid Paddock i am

Sure you know his brother he has some nice credentials so far a nice NHSCA win and an OW

He will be at Fargo and he will AA before he is through , I have no doubt he can equal or better anyone , and he didn't start out at under 150 he was forced to go 220 and held his ground and still is , he is the biggest freshman state champ

Ever in this state and he had to beat out Seven srs and a returning state champ to get to the top of the podium , this is his state now ,:)

Mpire,

I dont doubt you for a bit that you want ATM to acheive greatness. He works hard and could become the best. However, let me help you set the bar for cash money.

242 HS wins

3X Junior Nationals AA at Fargo

1X Junior National Finalist

High school National Finalist

40 pins in 41 matches in a single season

Dream Team member

Dapper Dan

USA member vs Iowa

Notable wins his senior year

-Bryan Snyder NCAA champion at Nebraska

-Luke Becker NCAA champion at Minnesota

Please keep in mind this was a time when you only had really 2 national events and everyone was at those. Winning 4 or 5 Kentucky state titles is unreal but being on the dream team and wrestling at Dapper Dan and USA vs Iowa is something special. Oh, and losing a very close match in the finals at Fargo wasnt to bad either. Not bad for a Kentucky kid. I havent been around for a few years but if anyone in Kentucky had a better high school career in Kentucky please let me know and we can update the new bar.

I agree we didnt have Boston, ATM, Kevin, Blackwell, SAM or Ervins. They did have the Blacks, Carrs, Kyle R. and many others.

On a serious note; Kentucky has had some great individuals.

S T U D

Jimmy Carr was a student at Woodford County 1973-1974 and the year before he was an Olympian. The KHSAA didnt allow him to compete that year and called him a professional. I think that was around the same time the University of Kentucky started their wrestling program. During that time Olympians didnt get paid and they were considered non professionals and couldnt be paid. I think Woodford might have won a state title during that era. Could you imagine having him in your lineup. Also Woodford was ranked in the top 25 in the country with those dominate teams in the 90's. When Hank Rippetoe was around all those kids traveled on a National level but you didnt hear as much about it because the limited internet coverage. Ian Horn, Joe Carr jr, Chris Dunn and group were beating National level guys. Like I said before, I am not informed enough to even guess who had the best team nor would I want to speculate. I think all mentioned teams above are worthy of being considered.

Mpire,

I think Randy Savage went to Graham.

Awesome information...thanks for sharing.

I agree that is a great story, I had never heard before.

Theres a video of Jimmy Carr wrestling Zink, Canada.

Jimmy looked to be the real deal.

He would have made a great team even better.

Mpire,

Here is a list of the guys on the dream team. This was a very good team.

• 103 - Mike Khan, Pennsylvania
  • 112 - Nathan Navarro, Oregon three-time state titlist
  • 119 - Matt Holman, Oklahoma two-time state champion
  • 125 - Brandon Anderson, three-time Utah state champion
  • 130 - Chad Erickson, four-time Min-nesota state champion
  • 135 - Mike Zadick, four Montana state title
  • 140 - Jamarr Billman, Pennsylvania
  • 145 - Joe Carr, four-time Kentucky state champion
  • 152 - Joe Heskett, three-time state champion
  • 160 - Ty Wilcox, two-time Califo-rnia state champion
  • 171 - Cael Sanderson, four-time Utah state champion
  • 189 - Tom Grossman, three-time Texas state champion
  • 215 - Viktor Sveda, Ohio state champion
  • 275 - Matt Brink, three-time Michi-gan state champion

Mpire,

I dont doubt you for a bit that you want ATM to acheive greatness. He works hard and could become the best. However, let me help you set the bar for cash money.

242 HS wins

3X Junior Nationals AA at Fargo

1X Junior National Finalist

High school National Finalist

40 pins in 41 matches in a single season

Dream Team member

Dapper Dan

USA member vs Iowa

Notable wins his senior year

-Bryan Snyder NCAA champion at Nebraska

-Luke Becker NCAA champion at Minnesota

Please keep in mind this was a time when you only had really 2 national events and everyone was at those. Winning 4 or 5 Kentucky state titles is unreal but being on the dream team and wrestling at Dapper Dan and USA vs Iowa is something special. Oh, and losing a very close match in the finals at Fargo wasnt to bad either. Not bad for a Kentucky kid. I havent been around for a few years but if anyone in Kentucky had a better high school career in Kentucky please let me know and we can update the new bar.

I agree we didnt have Boston, ATM, Kevin, Blackwell, SAM or Ervins. They did have the Blacks, Carrs, Kyle R. and many others.

On a serious note; Kentucky has had some great individuals.

Pretty hard to top this! GOAT

That's very impressive and a huge standout ,a great accomishment and record in the sport , particularly the Fargo placings , A while back and at a lower weight than who I expect to surpass it is wrestling now , of course there will or will not be more credentials added in a few weeks , but I take ATMs credentials so far , dream team is a big step , I think ATM plans on Fargo and Nhsca where he hopes for another win , that would certainly keep him on track to have one of the best HS careers in the state ever , I think he sets the bar for the upper weights for sure , becomes CC first 4 xer if he gets it done this yr and kys first 4 xer at 220 and is ky first High School National Champ and OW winner , As for some past talk and CCs Best ever , I think Stephen showed what he was made of this yr and ends that debate with a 3 rd title .

Mpire, have u guys desided on Flo yet? Would love to see SAM, ATM, Boston, Clay, Ervin, Fauz, PH and a whole slu of kids make the trip and represent the KY!

SAM and ATM are doing NHSCA s Fausz and ATM may do both , I would pick NHSCA over Flow for the fact that Austin has won Stephen has placed and they will get good seeds as well as the tournaments History and their team goes there and has done well ,I don't dig the whole political side and story of the tourneys they should not be the same week , I think they are off set some this yr . flow does a lot for the sport I think the two organizations should work together for the better of the sport . I also am more concerned with Fargo for ATM he has to stay on track to be top dog and in order to do that e needs some Fargo cred to his name and his brother holds it over his head .

Stephen is going 145 at nhsca plus his weight , not sure if or what he does for Fargo hope he gives it a shot even of his heart isn't all way in it he can help his brother and everyone else

I've never been to Fargo, I'm hoping to make my 1st trip this year. Also planning on Flo. Maybe we can coordinate some workouts. We are working on getting IWIN JR in shape to compete. He needs that kind of exposure.

Joe Carr Jr is definitely the best individual to come from Kentucky.  I know he never was an AA in college and Ruschell and Barnes were but nobody knows that Joe tore his ACL his freshman year at WVU.  This caused him to change his stance completely from a right to a left leg lead; he was never the same after that.  It didn't help that he drew TJ Williams two years in a row first round at NCAAs.  For those who don't know Williams was a 2x NCAA champ from Iowa who actually has their best ever winning percentage with only one loss.

Anyway hey Boston, you should ask Coach Carr if he still believes that the 93 is the best Woodford has ever had.  Also his opinion on the best team ever from Kentucky.

Woodford Co '06 vs South Oldham '03. What's it gonna take to make this happen?! Certainly there is a computer programmer among us that can simulate this titanic dual!

Woodford Co '06 vs South Oldham '03. What's it gonna take to make this happen?! Certainly there is a computer programmer among us that can simulate this titanic dual!

Sounds like a job for Ranger!  just kidding