Sign in to follow this  
Cbrunner

State Team predictions

I think there is about 4 teams that have a chance...... Trinity, St.X, Union, CC.......I'm sticking with my pre season gut of Union to win it...... Think to tough at smaller weight classes

St. X- 2 Top 8

5 Top 3

1 Champ

Total- 8 Placers

Union Co.- 5 Top 8

2 Top 3

3 Champs

Total- 10 Placers

CC- 8 Top 8

1 Top 3

3 Champs

Total- 12 Placers

It's not running when you can go win a championship. I gave all 3 teams the benefit of the doubt when it came to top 8s. This is best case scenario for all involved. I don't know if Fauz is going 132, but if I'm his coach, I tell him that is where he will wrestle. Better for him, better for the team.

I really think that Union is a lot closer to Campbell than a lot of people think. I think either team could beat the other one on a given day. The wildcard in this is gonna be the KHSAA random draw. This could very easily set one of the teams up better than the other.

First of all I think CC wins State as a team.  Second a big Congrats to CC for making some noise in Oh. Third I am no fan of CC. But you have to give credit where credit is due. Now that is my prediction , but I would love to see two things happen. One, Union Co stomp right on their Camel Toes and send them packing! And two, CC parents pitch in and buy their mascot a new Wig !

Good Luck to All  ! 

St. X- 2 Top 8

5 Top 3

1 Champ

Total- 8 Placers

Union Co.- 5 Top 8

2 Top 3

3 Champs

Total- 10 Placers

CC- 8 Top 8

1 Top 3

3 Champs

Total- 12 Placers

I don't have a dog in this fight but even I think 12 kids placing is not going to happen there's just too many factors that have to fall just right I mean I have a ton of respect for Dustin Turner but as strong as the 170 class is it depends on the draw and with the wrong draw he could be out early and that's just 1 example there's more in different weight classes and you've got to remember that the khsaa's bracket is blind luck even with the 1-4's and 2-3's On the flipside with the right draw for Turner I could see him finishing as high as 4th . I do think that they have a chance to have even 4 state champions let alone 3 and I do think they win the team championship. but 12 overall placers .. just too hard and imho won't happen.

Fauz

Myers S

E Matthews (him and Chamberle have had to many super close matches and I think Matthews will get his at state)

ATM

Sean's not running from anyone, never has and never will.  He's wrestled both classes depending on the tournament and where his coaches wanted him.  Last week he won Hammer and Anvil at 132.  His plan and his coaches for post season has been 132 all along.  You obviously haven't wrestled in Ohio where they cut a ton, in Ohio at best he is a mid sized 132.  More about self preservation than anything else because post season is really about survival of the fittest/healthiest.  You might want to do some research on Jake Adcock before just assuming it would be a loss.

Also, why the continued cheap shots at a 16 year old kid who works his tail off year round?  Has he beaten you, your friend, relative, or your son in the past?  This isn't the first time that you've singled out Sean in this manner!  I'm a nice guy for the most part, but even I have a breaking point so I suggest that you leave it alone!

Rumbler , if all the kids on your team weren't cutting and going where they were best at they would have lost more matches long ago , kids go where they want where it's easiest and where their team wants em at times , anyone who wants can follow , simple as that it the sport .

Random draw won't hurt the best in each weight class......You do want to be on the other side of that bracket.  The random draw will affect probably all 4 of the top teams in getting guys higher on the podium.....It might just make a difference this year on who takes home the crown.....My bet is on CC for now. then Union.  SImon Kenton and St.X will be right there.....Should be some great matchups this year and I hope a few suprises. Some kids really know how to turn it up come State ! 

Not taking a shot at all. Don't know the kid. I'm sure he's a fine young man. This board is for giving opinions. I've never slandered anyone on here. The Camel talk can become overwhelming at times though. I simply was disagreeing with IWIN by saying that I don't feel Campbell County will win 3 state championships if everyone wrestles at the same weight i saw them wrestling at state duals. I don't think it's a negative blast on Fausz by conceding that no one at 132 can beat him. Fausz is a stud, no doubt about it. Furthermore, how come you don't ever reprimand MPire when he calls out young 15 and 16 year old kids for taking what he perceives as cheap shots on the mat? Is it because you guys cheer for the same team?

Why would someone reprimand me anymore than anyone else , I didn't call anyone out specifically , but anything I might have implied was fact and witnessed by THE WHOLE CROWD , and or the ref , and hopefully everyone does cheer for the good guys , not CC specifically but the good kids who rely on wrestling not REDNECK to win .as in ignorant comments as they are shaking hands that the refs hear ,trying to throw cheap shots as someone's letting you up as the refs saw or running into people when they are not looking as

Many saw ,

Bottom line the state duals champs who doubled their opponents score in the finals dual would obviously be the favorites along with the small school dual champions !!!!!

Looking at it without purple and gold glasses on and as unbiased as I can be about it all , CC has 4 out of its six placers back , down two champs but a placer looks to be moving to a champ spot , there is serious comp for all three , there is also 2 or three who could easily make finals and that bad draw pendulum swings both ways , as a team it's stronger , losing Yenter and Frank is a hard blow but Shaun has improved so has a lot of others , Stephen will score mass points so will ATM so will Mathews they will stick most of their opponents , Yenter did not Neither did Frank , I think CC scores more points on the other end SAM might not score as many he has a possible two tough matches depending on draw and ATM may have one or two ,

I don't know where Trinity even entered the conversation they are not top Four they have a super stud , that's it , no way they win state , if I was a betting person I would probably take X slightly over SK not my preference but just a hunch and maybe the Benifit of the doubt ,

It CC has a bad day and crap draws it could be as low as 3 everything goes as should its a war between CC and union that I see CC winning . Yes 3 - 5 champs is possible as Iwin said he gave everyone their best outlook ,

Either way , it's in the bag :)

And I forgot Ryle , they have some studs and they have.been hiding I hear they went up

north to Wadsworth to learn from the great wrestling masters , their kids are Black Belts now in the art of KY whoop ass , bwahahahahahah

St. X- 2 Top 8

5 Top 3

1 Champ

Total- 8 Placers

All good predictions and I know it's all

Best case ,I don't see 5 top3s , and at best they could have 3 champs ,will they NO Justin Lampe should win , Dominic will have Cooper and French will have Courtney who he has beaten and S who has beaten French and techd a kid who beat Courtney a match earlier ,and who has only been scored on by 1 kid in the regular season in the last two yrs and that was on a questionable call .

Union Co.- 5 Top 8

2 Top 3

3 Champs

Total- 10 Placers

Ten placers is a lot,!!!!I haven't seen them

Dual CC or SK or X so it's hard to say , they were not world

Beaters at the rumble

But down their studs so it's a pointless comparrison but my analytical side says that team with 18 points for those three against CC current lineup would in fact lose , ATM SAM Fausz and Mathews would all

Probably pin as well as some of the others but knowing unions depth at lower weights who knows its still a toss up ,

Breaking it down for the masses , the transfers at Woodford are very CC friendly ,

Just my opinion that

MAny will agree with before it's all said and done

CC- 8 Top 8

1 Top 3

3 Champs

Total- 12 Placers

12 is a lot of placers at best yes , will it happen NO , BUT I see 3 or four possible top 3s , probably 2 realistically !

Nice picks a bit brighter than any team will come out looming though .

Time to get of the team predictions and go to the classes and top eight , more fun and more to talk about !!!! And less temperament , nothing's in the bag people don't be so sensitive , maybe SK brings their ref and a few of his buddies and blows everyone away , I think that guy was a Cooper anyway he has to be related somehow .

Random draw won't hurt the best in each weight class......You do want to be on the other side of that bracket.  The random draw will affect probably all 4 of the top teams in getting guys higher on the podium.....It might just make a difference this year on who takes home the crown.....My bet is on CC for now. then Union.  SImon Kenton and St.X will be right there.....Should be some great matchups this year and I hope a few suprises. Some kids really know how to turn it up come State ! 

Random draw will effect some. I look for this tournament to have a few major upsets unlike the past few years. There will be some very strong 4 seeds coming out of some weight classes in different regions.. I do the 170's so I'll use one of there regions as an example in there 170 4 out these 5 are going . I'm telling you all 5 of those guys are very capable of doing a whole lot of damage and even a slight chance of winning the 170 class. There's a couple of other regions that are extremely tough as well. Looking forward to a great tournament but what a week of regionals next week will be !  Look at those 5 and pick 4 if you've followed them all season it's not easy at all !

Boykin r-4
Fultz r-4
Torriente r-4
Wilbanks r-4
Bauer r-4

As much as it hurts CC will probably take the title this year. I have no issue with CC....only sick of the sheer volume of reading about them. Love watching Fauz and Stephan Myers wrestle. They are the best at their respective weights hands down (assuming 132 for Fauz). I honeslty don't think Union can run them down this year. I love those kids from Union and like the coaches a lot too, but I think they will come up a bit short of CC. SK is strong, but I think St. X will edge them, followed by Ryle and Trinity right there. Beauty of this tourney is there is no clear runaway champ....but unfortunately it's probably only a race between the big 2, and a race for third after that. Only two weeks and some change til we find out. Can't wait.

Sean's not running from anyone, never has and never will. He's wrestled both classes depending on the tournament and where his coaches wanted him. Last week he won Hammer and Anvil at 132. His plan and his coaches for post season has been 132 all along. You obviously haven't wrestled in Ohio where they cut a ton, in Ohio at best he is a mid sized 132. More about self preservation than anything else because post season is really about survival of the fittest/healthiest. You might want to do some research on Jake Adcock before just assuming it would be a loss.

Also, why the continued cheap shots at a 16 year old kid who works his tail off year round? Has he beaten you, your friend, relative, or your son in the past? This isn't the first time that you've singled out Sean in this manner! I'm a nice guy for the most part, but even I have a breaking point so I suggest that you leave it alone!

Totally agree with you. I'm not a CC fan but dang they are kids. Why take shots at them by saying if he runs to another weight. Well let's see if my son has a better chance to win state and at the same time helps my team. Why wouldn't he wrestle that weight? I'd love to see all of NKY do awesome

Random draw will effect some. I look for this tournament to have a few major upsets unlike the past few years. There will be some very strong 4 seeds coming out of some weight classes in different regions.. I do the 170's so I'll use one of there regions as an example in there 170 4 out these 5 are going . I'm telling you all 5 of those guys are very capable of doing a whole lot of damage and even a slight chance of winning the 170 class. There's a couple of other regions that are extremely tough as well. Looking forward to a great tournament but what a week of regionals next week will be !  Look at those 5 and pick 4 if you've followed them all season it's not easy at all !

Boykin r-4
Fultz r-4
Torriente r-4
Wilbanks r-4
Bauer r-4

I agree with everything that you wrote, but Boykin is Region 5.  It doesn't change the fact that a number 1 and 2 from another Region is going to have to wrestle someone in the top 15 170's first round.  This happened at 120 last year too, but it was worse.  Keegan North finished 4th in his region and was ranked between 5-7 in the state (I believe). I think he wrestled Keegan Duncan first round and North won.  I also believe they both placed at State.  For the record I think it goes: 1. Bauer 2. Wilbanks 3. Fultz 4. Torriente.  They will all be good matches and could end up in any order.

Let's take a look- (This is just my opinion so don't blast me for making this attempt)

106- Sheffer has an outside chance of placing and going 3-2 at state with possibly 2 wins coming in the championship rounds. Big thing for him will be his draw. Currently he is either a 1 or 2 seed coming out of his region. This compared to Krebs who will more than likely go as a 3 seed having a much tougher first round match up. Krebs is more likely to go 1-2 than 2-2. If he does go 2-2 it will be in the conso where he won’t score as many team points. Advantage UC

113- Dezember has a legitimate shot of finishing top 4 at this weight class. If he can get bonus points in the early rounds he could end up scoring UC a lot of extra points that they will need. Maggard on the other hand will likely be a 1 or 2 coming out of the region. Watching Maggard he isn't really a bonus point’s kind of kid. I see Maggard winning his first and maybe his 2nd. After that he will slip into the conso's where he has an outside chance of placing. Big Advantage UC

120-Trea Blackwell will more than likely be returning to the state finals where he should win number 2. Trea is a pinner so I look for him to score bonus points up to the finals. This is unless Adam's falls on his side of the bracket. Sparh is a good looking freshman but coming out of Region as 3 seed will make his run very difficult. He could win his first but I don’t see him advancing past the 2nd round in the Championship rounds. Falling down to the conso he could give CC some advancement points but I don't see him on the podium this year. Big Advantage UC

126- Brock Ervin! Enough said let’s move on. LOL. In all seriousness Brock should get bonus points throughout including the state finals. His points will be huge if UC wants to win a state title. Ranger doesn’t have a single CC wrestler ranked and I don't see them sending a kid out of the region. Big Advantage UC

132-Sean Fausz should finally win him a state title! He has been on a mission this year and has always been one of my favorite wrestlers to watch. Unfortunately for CC, UC has Werth and he is a formidable contender for a state title. If he and Sean end up on opposite sides of the bracket that would be a huge blow to CC, as Werth would more than likely face Sean in the finals negating about 15 points for them. Best case scenario, Werth and Fausz are on the same side of the bracket to limit UC points. Slight Advantage CC

138- Just like 132 this weight class is all about the draw. If Hamilton can be opposite Carr in the brackets then that is a huge help to CC, if he isn't then it’s a huge blow to them. If 132 has them opposite and 138 has them meeting in the semi's then CC is in legitimate trouble repeating. I think Carr wins the head to head match up. However both boys will score bonus points throughout the tournament so I go with a slight edge to UC. Slight Advantage UC

145- Gabe Ervin here is senior from the "Clutch" Ervin family. If he brings his A game he is on the podium. I see him finishing anywhere between 4-8. His points will help UC as we approach the meat and potatoes of CC lineup. CC currently doesn't have anyone here that I am aware of. I am assuming Myers will be at 152 for the state tournament. Big Advantage UC

152- Stephan Myers looks to be in prime position to win this weight class from Cooper. Myers should bonus his way to the finals. Cooper will be opposite him in the bracket. I know Lampe is out there so if he tangles with Myers, CC might not get all the bonus points they will need. However, if anyone can pin when his team needs him big time, it’s Stephan. Gahfer here should provide UC with some points. Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the podium; however I feel like he is in the 6-8 range if he makes it there. Big Advantage CC

160- Assuming Bachman is here for CC this is big advantage for them. Bachman is a senior who has been around forever. He is a top 8 kid who could be on the podium pretty high depending on his draw. UC doesn’t have much fire power here if any at all. If Bachman can win some close matches and make it to the Semi's then that would be huge for him. He should come out of Region 6 as a 1 seed helping him immensely the first couple of rounds. Big Advantage CC

170- This could get tricky, here is why. Turner is an outstanding wrestler; however he is in a meat grinder of a region. With L. Jones, Meiman, B. Jones, and D. Hicks there are 4 kids who could do very well at the state tournament. Sadly though that is not going to happen as one of them will not make it. I see Turner at best being a 3 seed. Close losses and wins against Hicks and Meimen, and I'm sure he would match up well against Lane. If he has a rough day and finishes 4 then that is bad news bears for CC. They need all of Turners points and they need them in the championship round not the conso. Another weight class where UC doesn’t have really anybody. If Turner goes as 2 or 3 seed then HUGE advantage to CC, if he doesn't or he limps in not so much of the advantage CC needs. I will go with Advantage CC

182-This could be another big one for CC. Eli Mathews has been wrestling his tail off over the last couple of weeks. I look for Mathews to place high at the state tournament. Depending on his draw he could fall anywhere between Quarters and Semi's. Don't see him as a state finalist this year but it would surprise me if he made it there. His points will be crucial to the team. I look for Mathews to enter state as 2 seed. UC has Smith who is a very solid wrestler. Don't look for him to medal this year and all of his wins outside round 1 should come in the conso's. Big Advantage CC

195-Keeton and Carter are in the same boat here. Both kids are middle of the pack wrestlers. Advantage goes to Carter though who will come from a weak region. Region 6 will be tough to finish any better than 3rd in, whereas Carter should finish 1 or 2 giving him a slightly easier draw. Both have an outside chance of placing. This will be the first one I call a wash on.

220- Austin Myers, bonus points every round moving on! Huge Advantage CC

HWT- Since i'm tired of typing and have to finish a lesson, this weight class will more than likely be a wash as well. Both kids are competitive but neither will podium in my opinion.

So the eye test favored CC big time, but now I'm 50/50. I think it will all come down to the when CC and UC wrestlers will meet up. If Carr and Hamilton meet up in the quarters that is a huge blow to CC, likewise if Werth and Sean meet up in the quarters that’s a huge blow to UC. I can't wait for the state tournament this year!

It looks like Gabe Ervin will be at 132 and Gahafer will be at 145. Both are pretty solid weight classes in region 1 so they could be seeded anywhere from 1-3

Plus even though Union's upper weight classes are not as strong as CC, they will all do pretty decent at Region and probably finish 1-3 respectively. So they might get some good draws at state and earn some points.

Either way its going to be fun to watch and see how all this plays out.