Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlinglover

Nkac

Campbell County looked dominant and some of their wrestlers stepped up not sure of all the scores CC ended up with 336 or 26 , Sk had 250 something , seems there were some good kids on some of the smaller teams that made noise and that's a great thing for NKY wrestling , it gives each team and school

Something to build and work on as well as be proud of , Dixie Newport and Boone all had kids doing well .

Biggest match I thought was Chamberle and Mathews two potential top state placers , very close with the experience of Chamberle showing through in the end , Mathews is one to watch and with a little work he has STATE CHAMP written all over him , I suspect Thompson from Connor will make a nice run at 195 as he looked lighter and is making the drop , Mueller from SK is better than his performance and place tells he looked like he made some mistakes right off the bat with ATM and I think he can place at state .Ryles Adams is a Beast as is Parrot from Sk ,

Turner gets revenge on a loss to Meiman when after winning 3 to 1 Meiman gets DQed , Before holiday tournys and all , One can only say WOW

As Mpire said it was a great day of wrestling. The tourney ran smoothly and rather quickly and there was alot of great wrestling. I agree with really everything you said. The 170's may have turned out differently than alot of people thought and that's even with Braden Jones (runner up 170) and Sam Steele (3rd in the 182's) extremely sick all week but hats off to Turner, Mathews, and Chamblee of SK for showing there skills.

This area of region 6 is looking again so strong but I believe the team title will go to Campbell.

complete results listed on trackwrestling.com

Mathews is a top 4 kid or better If he gets the experience and the ability to comprehend what his opponent is setting up and how to stop it or simply wrestling know how . his strength is his takedowns as a good wrestlers should be , Chamberle wrestled a defensive match with under hooks to control or stop shots and didn't really make any takedown attempts of his own , he relied on his superior top bottom skills as a good wrestler should , but he has weaknesses He simply stalled a bit , a great wrestler works takedowns that's what fans want that's what college coaches want , a contrasting match with opposite styles , Mathews will improve how awesome

Would it be to see this match at state finals again , Steele was dominated by Mathews no offense intended he has skills and I believe someone said he was sick but Mathews is aggressive and has explosive takedowns , like to see him learn more he looks like a college wrestler already in some

Ways .

Mpire I respect your knowledge. If you get time could you do your list of top 4 in each weight class for region 6 ? I realize your pro Campbell of course but you have a great deal of knowledge to share and I think most would love to see where you stand on each of the weight classes if you get time. Thanks a bunch and Merry Christmas

I am pro Campbell but , I am also pro who I know , and who is impressive I would love to try but I'm afraid I do not know about all the kids enough to do a top 4 , I like being able to see them then actually comment on what they do and what I think is their strength and weakness ,

Sorry to say I do not know many of the light weights and I used to have great great knowledge of all of them where we were my son started out at 112 then 125 then 152 now 60 and 152 and a 220 , seem to be paying a lot of attention to TE middles and admittedly my sons friends who are Football players they impress me on the field and the mat it takes special kids to do both and excell , and the lightweights not doing it do not cut it with me my son went to Fargo at 112 managed to AA and still played football his fresh yr and scored a few TDs in the toughest leauge in the country fresh of course ,

Sorry to drift , I will try when I figure out and maybe see Some more kids I do not know I will guess or use results or ask for Info , I expect people to chime in to help me .

As for the Chamberle Mathews match I have always been pro Chamberle I have known him a long time and know he gets unfair heat I also

Admire my sons friend Mathews who is a stud football player and a fresh AA wrestler ,I expected a bigger win and a different match from Chamberle the Sr against a Soph , if I pick someone to be a state champ they need to show me something and I have picked Chamberle all the way and he needs to show me more offense to be a top kid in Ky and be mentioned with the best kids that I know he wants to be mentioned with and deserves to be for all his long yrs of work .

There's been no mention of Meiman (sp? Ryle 170) on this thread. He was expected to do quite well but instead got hot-headed and threw Turner into the stands. Fortunately, the officials had the good sense to eliminate him from the tournament. If he hasn't been suspended by his coaches, I certainly hope the NKAC takes further action. His behavior reflected so poorly not only upon himself, but upon the whole Ryle team. Bad move, bad mistake...mostly I chalk it up to immaturity... but right now, a kid like that should not be welcome to participate.

Congratulations to Turner for taking it!!. Congratulations to Jones for being grossly underestimated and performing quite well in spite of, apparently, being quite ill.

I saw a little of the Meiman Turner match , turner was winning when all the BS started an I think he listened to his critics and friends about how poorly he wrestled their lasts match , while I missed the shoving I saw Turner react Calmly ,

As for Meiman he is a fresh he deserves to set out a couple like e erroneous else , although I don't like it , not duiring holiday tournys , probably saved him a butt whipping at GMVA but who knows , Turner is a good kid and wrestler Meiman probably the same with great potential but , honestly he does not impress me with anything special he is a powerful kid with so so wrestling skill , a good kid will tech or pin him , and make no mistakes you know who I mean , not being mean but The Meiman hype is overrated at this time .

Pretty sure about your assessment of Meiman, Mpire. He's a freshman... good things will surely happen for him down the road but until he gets his head out of his rear end and learns how to be a sportsman, his hs wrestling career could be CUT quite short. Who knows what influences the kind of behavior he displayed but I hope he learned a lesson this weekend. I like to root for every kid but I'll never root for a jerk. He has something to prove now. I'm not even interested in him at this point.

Once again, kudos to Turner for coming from back his hyper-extended knee... that's a painful injury... he came out strong against Jones and beat him by a tech fall. Jones is a sleeper in this region, hasn't been paid much attention... but if that kid is healthy, he will absolutely have a ticket to State. I believe it was WrestlinGuru who said Jones couldn't beat anyone in this region. He's currently 20-2, losing only to Boynkin from Eastern at the Derby Classic final and Turner.

Austin ATM ? Yes he can and does excell at Back when he gets a chance at It ,he has a move or two as well but he considers himself a Running Back not A FB ? Don't ask ?

As for ground and pound he is an all

Around wrestler with skills and knowledge that he seems to not use at all times in a class of what is full of "ground and pounders " he doesn't like to take to much .. Uhhhh stuff he ups his game very quickly when he can when he does an it usually goes his way very quickly ,

He had a couple yrs where he and a few other Cincy kids were recruited by George Gurgel for his naga team , he knows a little ground and pound and he was an Ohio state Naga Champ , young wrestlers dominate MMA there is no comparison , sorry for the stories just fun info , Stephen was beaten George bled him up an age class because he beat everyone in his class easily and he scored more team point for George's team in the older and advanced class , He was nationally ranked after his first and only Naga tournament , he didn't like it he's a sore loser :)/> He went 3 - 1 losing to a national top 20 kid 3 yrs older he was Winning got caught in a triangle , couldnt get out no striking in Youth Naga .

Ground and pound is a strange term for wrestling .I guess it's an MMA or football term , yes He carries defenders down the field when he gets a step or two before getting blasted .:)/> a shame he doesn't fit the mold of what his team considers a back " although the guy getting all their yards this year would be considered a ..... Ground and pound kinda guy by most people . Go with what you got not what you think you should have words of wisdom spoken to my boys by Rulon Gardner when they competed at the Arnold wrestling challenge , Austin came in second losing a close one to Mochael Johnson "Wyoming seminary " Stephen won winning a close one over Jake Danisheck " Dayton Christian " his future teammate clos friend and multiple x Ohio champ.

Sorry another long post my kids sr yr I love reliving their past tournaments ,Arnold Challenge turned into Ourway Stephen won it every yr untill JR HiGh awesome trophies giant eagles , I think ATM won every yr but 1 I may be wrong though , Arnold walked in duiring his championship match and the refs asked if we wanted to stop , he was winning against a kid locked to win a beast from up north I laughed an said screw Arnold let them finish , they were the only ones wrestling when Arnold walked through , "No way would I let him lose his Momentum "

Back to the real wrestling world

I wouldn't count Meiman out or right him off I understand the angst at his actions but we have a kid on our team that gets a few team points taken away on occasion and I love him just the same ,

Turner, Mathews , Stephen , Keeton , Austin , Graziani , all have been around each other most of the year all the team has , and I know my boys have not been there long but they want their friends to win " not down on them for losing when they work hard " Turner started Kim o on a down note picked it up every match kind of had a bad match or two and shot back up maybe he's one of those kida that go hot and cold or is working his way up hopefully he peaks at the right time , Mathews is an all around good rugged athlete .

Keeton is a great kid with some skill and he's one of those that listens to his critics well despite what people may think from his actions at least with me I tell him exactly what I think wether it hurts his feeling or not and he is very respectful , not a big 195 at all but he is obviously a team player and " a team point here and there is ok for a team player " just don't get it at regionals or state :)

If I was a football coach, I would definately have an ATM as a back. Someone with his size and athletesism running the ball, that's the huge! I used the ground and pound analogy to try and explain what I think he would do from the back field. 4th and goal, he's my man to pound it in on the ground!

That's why he gets mad about FB he wants the ball more than 4th and goal , he led both his team in receptions out of FB in jr high . I thought someone would throw him In at TE he has a restarted wingspan and pulls stuff down when he gets some reps in , he has way better than an avg fullbacks yrd avg he grew up playing up a yr all the way through little Cards football and in Ohio Colerain is Football , Public school Football anyway , Football is life in Colerain its insane my friends came to a HS game there when they played highlands it was Nasty after the first half , they left with their jaws dragging the ground .

Sounds like the CC football coaching staff needs to take notice and utilize his tools. He's not the average sophmore. Even Coach Cal has to adapt to his players talents.

As for NKAC that was pretty much all of reg six so add Walton , Grant and anyone else if there is anyone , and it's all pretty easy to see minus a few weight changes ,

Not sure about Grant other than a stud at hvy an as I stated earlier in a different post the day of the weak heavier weights in kybis over glad I got obnoxious last yr about it and ATM because now it seems hvy and 220 is loaded , not because I said it but because it was underway , Miskell is a stud and he has been doing good but getting beaten , Young from Lafayette a stud holding ATM to four and hes getting beaten Hvy in Ky may be very tough and Bryant seems to be demolishing everyone , Best he stay Hvy :)

It's all good though whatever .

As for Walton Logan is good as is clay brown definite high seeds at state , another thing and person I have posted on is Lane more of me liking him and wanting him to win than anything but happy to see he is living up to my comments , he Is on a complete romp through KY as I said he is on a mission , think he won Lafayette convincingly Two major tournys in two weeks in Ky he is top dog at 170 in my book right now , Turner stepped it up as well being a four seed an winning NKAC awesome , and I read some newspaper results Sam nevr wrested 149 in any match at NKAC :)

Dropping Meiman I hear , Thompson , Sparh , and SAM for a while at least , all could shake things up a bit and I'm sure there is more who will could or may .

Sorry I'm not In the know of Football , who is coach Cal , ATM is a linebacker as well while he sat most of the yr he got his shot later he did well but as I said you get the reps you get sharp , I'm not a Football coach and a kid does not control his destiny in team sports his coach does ,

I coached FB a couple yrs in Dayton Huber heights , my boys played for two teams at the same time lol different game days , you gotta love youth sports , we did well went from 1 and 12 to 10 and 2 an co leauge champs , I coached LBs easy when my boys were LBs , awesome stuff nothing like daddy ball but no one complained , when SAM scored his first TD and the 2 point conversion for the 8 to six win in his first game and had two punt returns in a row for TDs it wasn't ATM making all the noise it was SAM he was a beast with the heart of a lion , RB LB Punter kicker kick return and sometimes lol

QB his old coach will be at state he played for Morehead he always checks up on them stunned ATM was at back and not Stephen last yr at grant but everyone knows what happened there , Astra la vista us and asta la vista every single coach they had from last yr , great group of kids At grant one insane group I people in charge all around nevermind .

Sr yr footballs over he had some

Fun made some

Good friends and got him a couple TDs , one against NC lol and the other against Boone or Ryle not sure had a couple good double leg takedowns and slammed some

Idiot who hit him in the back and tore of his helmet , football players are tough till they run into a 160 lb pissed of kid who wants to be on the field more , enough football sorry

Here you go putting me on the spot again lol you must be a mind reader , you know exactly what to say to get me in trouble lol ,

And yes I want my boys happy on top of podiums and on the field 24 7 , no coach or anyone else can knock me for being Honest , Grant ha a nickname for Austin their announcer started calling him the truck I loved it he had 92 points , his first fresh game I showed up and didn't see him on the field , mind you his friends all went to Elder he was headed there with a lot of hype and they loved him an he wanted to be there badly and he was pretty much known around town for being a great wrestler an a very good ball player anyway , I don't see him so I ask they say he's in the licker room A 210 lb ohio state champ as Ow winner an a beast back an linebacker who went through Colerains system in the locker room I'mike wtf I'm going to beat him :) I can't but it's what I thought , I go find him I say what are you doing he says I'm getting ready I'm like hurry up they are starting , he says well I'm not starting , it's a freshman game , I'm like your not starting anywhere he says no , I say get down there anyway do your thing wait till your chance , he goes down grant is losing he gets the ball at the end of the 2nd quarter busts out a 28 yrd run , 2 plays later he's I'm the end zone and once again for the 2 point conv , Grant loses 22 24 he scored every point. They would have won had he played the whole game but hey I'm dad , and I think my kids are great so I'm told , I am also a team

Ayer who never let them quit or made them leave till some a hole thought he could jerk ATM around on the field , lucky him ATM smashed that one time Connor hvy weight in the wrestling room a few days earlier and was about to get smashed by him again for real Lol ,

End of stories , Go Camels go reg 6 , not hatin on Meiman he payed his due , good luck to all the kids this yr an all those Hurt at NKAC s , saw a cooper and a Newport kid with hurt shoulders hope they are ok .

Cmon man, I know you have been in KY long enough to know who Coach Cal is!!! Lol! You know, UK, basketball, NCAA National Champions..... Anyways, your right, let's get back on track and talk wrestling.

Yeah I know KY is basketball heaven , and I'm

Sure I have heard the name , maybe buy doubt it stuck I played. Basketball 6th grade yr loved playing I was bad at it good on d terrible everything else but liked playing long story short ,

My kids are state champs in wrestling they like playing just like I did , but I really don't care about college BBall and I was told KY has state early because of it and it rubbed me wrong to think it could be true it really makes me mad , I see a kid lat drop a jacked up opponent and a lay up seems kind of boring , I see a good dump on a kid straight to his back and a jump shot just looks ignorant in comparison ,I see a patented coach pine Iranian roll " gator roll " straight to a pin or a real high over the hip head and arm and a slam

Dunk is something to make me fall asleep ,

I rember the time I brought my boys to CC as youth in an open tourny there and my sister and brother and law came , my brother in law walked over to Stephen and said some

Kid from Cov said he wasn't nothing and he was goin to kick his @$$ I remember Stephen saying what should I do his friend just belly to bellied some kid at nutter center he was older but a stud , I told Stephen to do it he said I have never done i said you can do it he says ok , well the kid was bigger Stephen always wrestled up or two classes he was tall Stephen locked him up launched him

Perfect but when they went over TE kid didn't tuck his head he just looked at the floor it was nasty a total face plant ,but a great first attempt for Stephen , who cares about bball , same tournament a kid was there from new Richmond a couple yrs older and bigger a stu from

Eccw I told Stephen to exhibition him

He said he was to big and old I said you can do it who cares if you lose , what an awesome

Match he came out attacked scored and was winning doing great untill .... He got pinned , stayed mad at me a long time but I know for a few minutes he was like holy s )(( I'm winning , it's planting those thoughts in the mind that works he knew he almost had him and figured if I was his sise his age I would win and will , either way Jake Corill was his name became his teammate when Steff was a fresh he was a sr great friends great team and he went on to wrestle at NC not sure how he's doing or did he had some injuries , anyway what was we talking about golf or something .

Yeah my kids wrestled in KY a lot as youth funny people saying they didn't know them . Connor CC SK Ryle , youth state , Oldham

County and fr gr state and big matches in newpt shopping center behind bob Evans with huge crowds untill Austin slammed stephs head in a curb and well Stephen can whoop Austin that's all I will say. Behind his smile and silly dancing around demeanor he is a bit different .

Funny just noticed it was 2 am me and Austin just got home a few minutes ago from the gym , hes still mad about the ref at the Ryle dual taking his pin away and giving him a tech now he's mad about the ref at NKAC not giving him a pin but a tech , he says he's not wrestling Cataan untill he gets a shot at these other refs I told him to calm down but he can't sleep and I told him to quit crying there's kids that will pin him and he should know he's lucky and he kicked the dog and said something Paul Hamilton something something and if he ever thinks about starting something about me something something coach B can start looking for a new 45 something something because ATM head and arm death is permanent . Something dog somethinged in my room again kick yelp yelp and isaid good night do your standups before bed and he said something something deadlifted tonight you do something don't worry about me kick yelp yelp and I said cool good night .

And then he said if that Connor coach thinks I took my headgear off on purpose because i was trying to stall or i was gassed when my chin piece popped off like I heard him say he better think twice because I will lay The wrath upon those speaking blasphemy upon my greatness , my ears and my conditioning let me do and hear all things and it's not cool telling kids who are trying in a tough match against tough kids that they didn't try particularly when they are your best wrestler , and if he speaks ignorance about my state and national champ self ever again and lets me or my people hear it making us think they wanted us too I will give him the state treatment I gave all the youth kids and coaches back in Ohio , who got dirty with me and talked tash ,here coach catch your wrestler .

Not classy some comments keep between yourself and your team , don't matter who or how well known you are you would be surprised who I have told off for dissing or doing my kids wrong in a wrestling room or on a Matt but they are big boys now they will handle it their way , I like people who are intense like them better when they can see their errors or admitt they are wrong , and if a kid pops his headgear off because he was tired and wins well , he's a bit smarter than the coach who lost , but trust me THE ATM didn't stall and was in no position to have too , dumb comment by a frustrated coach no harm no foul , but Austin shed a tear because he thinks someone doesn't like him .

SAM read the paper saw the scores kicked the dog said his last match was under a minute not 140 something said he was going to launch some sob onto the first newspaper guy he sees next time they steal his time , and why some sorry ,?/!:$:! Can spell

His name right in one line and wrong the next and his name is not F/(/):$:$;&rn Steven it's Stephen Steffen g,.$:$: da;$:$:$: it and haven't they figured out every time some :/):)/>:$/$@j$$ says it wrong I beat the holy 3?$/$:$:! Outta some sorry son of /$$/$:$: c

I said your lucky you have skill and even get noticed at all and there's people out there that can pin you

Be thankful you have what you got and you should work even harder , he said get the /!/):: outta my room and quit ragging me I don't care about any of them

I will poop one them

And that ,/?)// dog something something in my room again and kick yelp yelp keep it out , I said ok good night say your prayers he said yeah whatever an I take the van to the store for some mountain dew or better yet you go get it while I practice x box and Austin is a F:?:)/>:)/OT I don't. Are if he goes to the gym every night and is ranked higher than me by some dumb -;/(/($$es in one ranking he's a fat a$$ and he doesn't wrestle anyone and I will kick his a $$ . I said you should love your brother he said yeah whatever he's fat and he can't dance like me and I'm going to go hang out at Kents because your embarrassing me again and Hamilton and my crew are going to go have an x box practice session let Austin and Fausz train because we are tooooo cool for that dumb $hi;;; and I don't care I'm gonna poop on everyone at state and it's all me all you ever did was yell and drive me around so shut up .

I said whatever loser and I kicked something with a tail that was in my way after I slammed his door and said whatever your gonna get pinned if you don't train and he said yeah do a set for me LOL me and Hamilton don't need to lift and Austin is Fat and had to stall to win that match against the Connor kid , hes lucky I coached him or he would have lost and didn't me and Eli's hair look cool at NKAC Hells yeah black is beautiful get a haircut geezer I said get your own Mountain Dew and I hope Cooper pins you and he said dont you know who the ;/)/$ I am I will poop on everyone and Me Hamilton Turner and Eli are gonna lay a spanking on Sk and Austin isn't invited because he's fat , and Doesn't wrestle anyone , I said something about his friend had a bushy hairdo and cut it and he and his other friend had black hair and looked like some depeche mode goth rejects and if guys want to look tough they need to quit laying around on each other this isn't some

Kinda Sparta / alexander the great greek we love our brothers so we will fight harder for them kinda scenario and he said wtf are you talking about your a f/)/)/)/$ot and I said you don't see me and my buddies laying around on each other tinker bell :)/> And I said all the people on crappy said you should stay at 160 to wrestle someone and he said yeah all those people on crappy should have everyone they talk wrestle up two classes and quit cutting , they are just afraid I might make 152 or 145 like I can and whoop up on some one they like or make waves because they said I was done , and I wrestled after season unlike some of them , and what do I care I'm the best dancer at GMVA I can pop sh/t all over Lattrrll Davis and those graham kids are great wrestlers but squares me and my CC crew can party have hot chicks follow us around and still be state champs , look at this ring geezer it don't run and tell all those goofs at crappy that no one can tech or pin me and I done layed the smack down on all their champs and it's funny they have to talk trash about me wrestling where I can if so an so want comp he can cut and try and beat me Lol and all the deuchebags who said I ran last yr are about to find out just who the ;)/>)/) I am and what wrestling is all about because ain't no (-(:)/>:) at Swowca that could have gave me a close match , kiss my rings and dust off those AA plaques before you go to bed hippie , i said that kid will pin you at GMVA he said who cares I'm still sportin black got hotter chicks and can dance better than any wrestler in Ohio or Kentucky and when I'm at U Penn shooting for an AA hanging out on the east coast with even hotter chicks hitting even cooler moves ... On the dance floor .... all those burn outs at st Therese will be lost in the real world .

Good night Merry Xmas