Sign in to follow this  
father_of_four

King of Bluegrass

Well that's good for Scott and no offense but it takes some thunder away from the tourny with a state championship team backing out .

Doesn't matter they are probably better off staying at home wrestling home town kids they know they can beat , unless they are headed north then cudos to them but they will miss a good one , better to give a KY team the experience anyway !!!

KOB is a weight-class tourney, correct? Anyone know how big each bracket is?

Are there non-weight class tournaments?

Josh, I'm not sure what you mean here. All tournaments use weight classes.

North Hardin took second place honors. Top finishers 106-Jake Burroughs 1st 3 pins , 132- Trea Wills 1st place overtime finals win, 120-Kyle Shults 2nd place, 195- Darrius Parrott 2nd place, 126- Bradley Pokuta 3rd place, 152-Miguel Barzey 4th place. Also big Congrats to Wade Holtsclaw-182 from John Hardin took 1st place and MOW with a finals win over #1 ranked kid from Southern. Wade just came out from football, when this kid gets in shape he will be unstoppable. Makes JJ Jude look small.

1. Southern - 239

2. North Hardin - 156

3. Central Hardin - 152

Southern placers:

Spencer Jacobs-106: 3rd

Matt Quintania-113: 3rd

Brian Crawley-126: 1st (4-1 dec over #11 (126) Ricky Standafer in finals)

Trevor Smith 138: 4th

Caleb Barrett-145: 3rd

Chris Cash-152: 2nd (6-5 loss to #7 (145) Kegan Agnew in finals)

Everett Decker-160: 3rd (pinned by #7 (152) Kyle Bunch in semis, 8-6 dec over #5 (160) Dallin Tritapoe for 3rd)

Jordan Graham-170: 1st

Sean Barrett-182: 2nd (14-5 loss to #5 (182) Wade Holtsclaw in finals)

Thomas Noe-195: 1st (14-6 maj dec over #3 (195) Darrius Parrott)

Why would a team give results of their team only and not results from of the entire tournament....Love it too {sarcasm} when coaches give just a dual result score only and not individual results....Call me crazy, but when the formentioned things happen...I want to scream !!!!!

Can anybody post results? I wasn't able to attend, and the Courier-Journal DID NOT have anything about the tourny in the paper. How sad-- it used to.

I just saw where another tournament posted their team scores and each weight class draws sheets. That would be GREAT for this as well.

Thanks...

Why would a team give results of their team only and not results from of the entire tournament....Love it too {sarcasm} when coaches give just a dual result score only and not individual results....Call me crazy, but when the formentioned things happen...I want to scream !!!!!

You want a coach to keep up with other teams? Good luck with that. It's not Joe's -- or any other coach, for that matter -- job/responsibility to post other teams' results.

Can anybody post results? I wasn't able to attend, and the Courier-Journal DID NOT have anything about the tourny in the paper. How sad-- it used to.

I just saw where another tournament posted their team scores and each weight class draws sheets. That would be GREAT for this as well.

Thanks...

Did anyone call the CJ before or after the tourney? If you don't call, how can you expect results to get in the paper?

You want a coach to keep up with other teams? Good luck with that. It's not Joe's -- or any other coach, for that matter -- job/responsibility to post other teams' results.

Did anyone call the CJ before or after the tourney? If you don't call, how can you expect results to get in the paper?

I guess getting out that information would be your job Josh.....any good reporter wants to get all the facts out there !!!!

It just makes sense to post the 14 Championship matches, who was in it and a score...and your 3rd and 4th place finishers as well....IT'S A TOURNAMENT with multiple teams...geesh !!!!!!

Really boggles my mind when you get the dual results....Team A- 44...Team B 32....You just guess at who won and lost.....It's as if individual results don't matter...THEY DO....that helps with forum discussions etc........

Thank you Coach MCcoy and Chargerstyle for posting the full bracketed results of KOB and Derby Classic

Josh I guess they got the scoop first.....and to think they pay you !!!!!

Josh old buddy....The last post was sprinkled with sarcasm.....I and many others with a passion for High School wrestling appreciate you covering High School wrestling in the state better than anybody...Thank you for caring and your coverage in this basketball crazy state.....My hats off to you buddy and thank you for supporting and covering the best sport on the planet !!!!