Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2012/2013 - Preseason August 20

WOW I wonder where this is heading , 1 post and your asking if CC is doing any big in season tournys , this has been discussed to death already , I heard they were 1st on the list for Swowca and got dropped a half dozen spots after..... Winning state but who knows ... And I heard nothing about them trying to get into Iron Man , they probably have enough guns to get in as far as the tournament director is concerned not so sure about the khsaa or the school itself trying to enter .

Who told you they tried and could not ?i think they have a big tourny in Ill or IN planned but nothing like Powerade or Iron Man , I would like to see them do west virginia duals and I think they are in gmva or whatever it is called and I hear it is loaded .

Ky should have a team at one of the big three tournys , Cheese Head , Powerade or Iron Man ,

Regardless as a state I saw them come together over the summer and do well at a nat tourny and I saw a few CC kids place at grade nationals even bring back an OW , That may be where Ky can shine but with Jayce , Cooper , Stephen and some other srs out of the picture this year a repeat may be hard but you never know Boston being added to the team will help and some of the underclasmen will surely step up and two ky studs went undefeated there last year and will be back ,

I know I went off topic but I saw a post that was suspect ,

and yes ky will have some AAs next yr , because I said so and my arrogant kid LOL is going to rewrite some record books and give the good folks in CC something to really gossip about no hvy he will be 220 or 195 ,and a year full of pinning everyone that doesn't forfeit ,just because a kid doesn't hoot and holler on a ball field doesn't mean he is arrogant ,,Just because someone doesn't like pops posts doesn't give anyone the right to blackball a kid and just because a kid isnt all fired up to play a position he never has does not mean he is not a team player stereotyping a kid before you even see him work is ignorant just like pee wee sports politics ,

No crybaby parents cliques or coaching preferences matter in wrestling its you the guy across from you and thats it ,its wonderful no arrogance its win or lose one on one .

"No crybaby parents cliques or coaching preferences matter in wrestling its you the guy across from you and thats it ,its wonderful no arrogance its win or lose one on one ."

Ahhh...isn't that the great thing about this sport?

Well its that and all the extras ,Following wrestling is like watching the Olympics, Ultimate fighter ,Wife Swap ,and Cheaters all wrapped up in one . :D more arguments than the Hatfields and McCoys and theres always a trade move or switch in the mix just like the Pros .

I like watching those reality shows but they pale in comparrison to wrestling and some of the fun we have ,i could mention a bunch of parents"myself included" some i have met some i have only heard of and everyone would crack up but im not going to talk about :o like that

PinAndWin .my dad went to divorce court came back to work after leaving me in charge of his work crew and tried to hit me with a Monkey Wrench and i had to set him straight ,wasn't even my mom he went to court with sooooo it happens

You know you have your part in all this wrestling drama , it just makes it more understandable now looking back at your Famous or Infamous Family tree , you seem to be a calming fair and good influence on the sport , and it's good you take most of the bs for what it is stirred up drama , how do you think the Blue Grass Games would go over if you had them a week or so earlier made them an iron man as far as freestyle Greco and Folkstyle , it would give everyone a tune up for Fargo and still draw all the folkstyle kids , the time ran well maybe do it over two days , just a thought !

I think Frank Rosario from Tilghman should be on the 120 list. I mean, he didnt wrestle at state because he and Osa from Christian ended wresltling in the consolations for third and fourth at regionals because osa lost to Caldwells kid, and Osa beat Frank in a close over-time match. Hes also beat beat Miller and Pointer from Moore...he's onto something.

Stephens mad he's not touching enough pigskin these days great rushing avg just not any amount of runs to be happy about he was going 160 but I think he goes 152 and if he does it will be from start to finish I do not like KYs decent rules they are not fair and create uneven scenarios , other states you make your weight your in , why would a ki dropping to 195 or 220 want to get caught only a lb or so from weight because of the decent by a kid 30 or so lbs heavier , it's more than unfair it's unhealthy and dangerous . Not sure about Austin he probably starts at 220 and stays all way through but 19 is very possible he is only a few over 220 and .

Visiting Lehigh in a few weeks ha a few other prospects Bucknell OU and 1 D2 school that is full of his former teammates friends an fellow state champs from OH , if he's happy

Happy , Hope he steps it up I would love for everyone to see what he is really capable of I think if he goes where hibfriends are it will actually inspire him rather than hinder him he is well respected they are older and will push him hard I think he could be a multiple x NCAA champ in the right setting and being around his friends and former coaches in OH would help .

CC over SK 29 to 28 , takes a little sting out of the homecoming heartbreaker.

Oh sorry wrong site LOL

Austin in at 222,195 is very possible ,

I do not like KYs decent rules they are not fair and create uneven scenarios , other states you make your weight your in , why would a ki dropping to 195 or 220 want to get caught only a lb or so from weight because of the decent by a kid 30 or so lbs heavier , it's more than unfair it's unhealthy and dangerous .

I would have thought you would like Ky decent rules. It teaches kids to keep their weight down all year. It teaches a kid to eat healthy and not to binge. That way a kid does not gain 10-15 lbs every week or so then drop the weight again. It also incourages kids to make weight at the beginning of the season instead of waiting for the end of the season. If they make the weight class they want at the beginning and stay there then they will not have to give up weight when they are dropping a wt. class.

I do like that my sons first HS coaches told him to make his weight all year that's how they dd it with everyone but they lied he was the only kid on the entire team that wrestled his weight allllllll yr "except the heavy "as a fresh everyone else went up and down ,

I do agree in a way But and it a big but a whole season of cutting is unhealthy I know the effects of dieting for a prolonged period it wrecks your mind it literally deprives your brain of carbs and makes you not care about anything , every few weeks a body needs to re energise and KY decent plan does not allow that it's not helpful to the kids and it's unhealthy . As I said getting caught at te bottom of a weight class is bs , and I know many coaches want kids hvy in the beginning of the yr for various reasons mostly because your studs will be dropping duiring the yr and it works in to the plans . And with te allowance it changes things 2 lbs is a big boost to some kids .

Btw none of it matters to me as far as my kids go they have not cut hard in a long time .

I simply state how I feel on the subject as a whole and the decent plan in ky is very flawed in my opinion .

Just noticed the enquirer All Star HS sports edition old news I know , nice of them to notice the transfer after X mas , hope they notice the points scored next year that they overlooked this yr and maybe the fact that the biggest freshman state champ in ky history snatched a fresh ow a few weeks later , of course I will remind them not that it matters in the world of politics .

Not much longer now looking forward to wrestling and it's put up or shut up truth that makes it so much different than team sports where your destiny is in the hands of others .

Hopefully all the football players can avoid major injuries and be ready to go not happy seeing any wrestler in a brace after a close call particularly my own son , headhunters live by the sword and die by the twisted ankle concussion or stinger or worse god forbid . It's dangerous out there in the killing fields , congrats to CC on a nice comeback win over Dixie , it was a carbon copy of what happened to CC on their own homecoming night game , guess they would trade it for the inner div win though .

Awful lot of CC wrestlers on the football field headed to playoffs duiring wrestling season making the basketball excuse for starting late idiotic ,

Newsflash ; there are not any Basketball players on the wrestling team LOL but there ha and always will be a wrestler or a a half dozen or so on the football field