Sign in to follow this  
bulldog-leader

2012-2013 State tournament.

I sometimes although i should always try to see everyones point of view ,I think what momma was saying is that she doesnt care how anyone else does it regardless of wether their way was better or not and some peoples comments come off as knocks rather than helpful suggestions regardless of if they were meant to or not .kind of like how someone said kys would stay the same if you dont care about howe others do theirs ,you do not have to model KYs after any others to improve it ,that comment is the issue no ones is perfect and what others may feel is wrong or may be wrong for their state is not fo Ky and that is not a bad thing ,like the pre finals thing it works for ky and just because it would seem silly in other states doesnt make it so in ky nor should it cast a bad light on it ,and you never know if another state actually allowed it it might be better for them as well.

i also see the danger in being close minded but if someone went on an Ohio site or and indiana site and said you should do this like Ky does people would be even more close minded on those sites i guarantee it ,and their are things Ky does with their tournament that could be better than either of those states ,Ky has 1 true champ ,those do not a very debatable argument no ? as to who is best !

Both states had some reffing issues here and there and both could be improved ,states should bring refs in from states that havve no border or tie to that state keep the crap fair and worked well it would be a hassle but eliminate obvious bs calls ,reafs need to move a little faster as well but thats just a personal issue of mine i see pins that should be a few seconds faster now and again and it may not seem like much but a ten second pin compared to a 5 or 6 is a lot of time LOL or abourt a 2 second pin rather than a 40 ,i mean seriously if your stuck your stuck end of story .

nice having people from other states on the forum gives everyone different points of view and usually something to argue about which keeps everyone interested :)

Of course there are obvious haters not mentioning any names like OTTO who are just trying to start trouble and cant stand being told or shown they were wrong .

Ky is at a different point perhaps but it is also on its own path evolving into its own thing in the sport the kids are improving so there is no knocking anyone nor should it be tolerated by the ky fans , i think people should listen and look at what others do but not use it as a tool to knock what ky already does but to use it if it works better for ky and try not to become carbon copies as long as it is best for the tournament .

Honestly if Ky totally modeled itself after another state some a hole would come on here from that state and be saying you hillbillys couldnt run your own thing so you had to steal everything from us ,and thats the truth ,let evolution take its course and Maybe Ky tournament evolves into something more spectacular than anyone elses in the country it could happen in a year make a giant show and see what happens flashpods cheer leaders fog and lights ,It would become ridiculed by coaches and perents but be the envy of every wrestler in the country and thats what makes the tournament great wether the wrestlers like it or not determines the drive to be better and the drive to enter the sport ,big trophies nicer medals more hooplah warmup suits lights camera action .

i know its a topic for another thread but how many people have seen a kid bust his butt and parents travel a ways spend a ton of cabbage travelling going to practice then only to spend more on entering a tournament and see your kid about kill himself for a medal the sise of a quarter that is worth almost that .thats bs man seriously ,I see kids in usa wrestling at least in Ohio who win freestyle and greco state and get this stupid medal that looks like something you get out of one of those quarter vending machines its a shame these jerks are making big wads of cash and spending a couple bucks on awards nothing like seeing a kids hard work rewarded with nothing .On the other hand i saw a tournament they used to have in cincy called cincy nationals it was awesome they did all three styles nice medals for each style then huge medals for top three for the combined overall best medals ever the winning medal for the combined looked like a sewer lid flava flav type stuff massive bling apeal could you imagine how a kid would feel going to school in the third or fourth grade and saying hey check out my medal and it looks like hes carrying a gold sewer lid around his neck .i know Cooper and Chamberle did the tournys they did very well there and stephen snagged three overalls ,I saw some good kids starting to come from out of state and then the tournament folded ,it would be neat for KY to have something like that maybe slow to get going but in a year or three it could be huge .a little promo a little bling its all you need.

• Upvote 2

When I commented about the concrete in the stands being dirty, I was trying to be tactful. I should have said that they were nasty. I saw a kid throw up twice all over the place. And when the custodians finally came to clean it up 45 minutes later, after they had been asked by the people sitting near the kid for cleaner and towels to clean it, all the liquid had been absored by the concrete only aftermath remained. They did not even clean it with any cleaner just removed the debris.

I also think that the limited access to the floor should definately allow trainers, coaches, teammates to run things to the wrestlers this would help the kids wrestling stay focused but not isolated. Having another access point would also allow for them to get that last hug from grandma or mom. if family is not allowed on the floor. I know that some will be moving on to collegiate settings but that number is very very small. Kentucky wrestling finals are unique and fun and to alot of kids witnissing the spectacle is one of the highlights of their wrestling careers and definately a memory maker. I just really do not care how Ohio or Indiana run theirs, nor do I voice my opinion on Their forums. It is none of my business how they do things because I do not have a dog in their fight or feel like I should intrude. Just my opinion. .

Hoosier is absolutely right. A sharing of information and ideas is never a bad idea. For the record, if you read Ohio forums, there is zero discussion on how to do things. Right now on this Ky forum there are discussions about how to set up a youth State dual tourney, 10 percent rule versus set weight classes, and this one concerning changes to the high school State tourney. Go to Ohio Yappi. Nothing like that can be found anywhere, because all of the bugs in their systems have been worked out yrs ago. It is a fool of a person that refuses an extended hand of offered help. Did it ever occur to you that wrestlers are a family, no matter what state they live in? I freely admit I'm from Ohio. My son is an Ohio state champion. He has never lost a match in Ky or to someone from Ky. Other than Austin Myers, who happens to one of his closest freinds. Does that mean we think we are better than Ky? Nope. Because they're all wrestlers. Its us against the world. Ky is a huge basketball state, and I loath basketball. Nothing would make me happier than to see Ky wrestling explode in popularity and steal some b-ball guys. So, sorry to intrude on your forum, but I do have a dog in the fight... growth of the sport. Period. Or I could take your position as say Ky teams should stop coming to Sw Ohio tourneys and stay out of our business. But I won't because I'm happy to see them over here and I have some very good freinds down there. Ky cannot grow wrestling by staying their own little island like the land before time. And as far as the spectactle before finals at State, you said it... "spectacle".

I think what my philosophy is whether it be watching a show on Daystar or checking out a wrestling site is: I usually don't agree with everything, but most generally I can glean something to improve myself or the issue at hand. I would never recommend Kentucky follow Indiana, Ohio, or any other state for that matter, but I do believe that there are attributes of all states that are good and bad. If an open minded person looked at say 3 or 4 surrounding states, combined what they perceived as the best attributes of all those states into Kentucky's program, would you not see the logic and wisdom in that. Or you could completely ignore what other states have learned from trial and error, and forge ahead blindly just because, and you would inevitably fail to utilize the knowledge at hand! " "Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it"

Also, alot of us have kids that wrestle Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee and Iowa so even though we only live in 1 state our dogs hunt in more than 1! You refer to a Kentucky person commenting on another states forum and how they would be closed minded, possibly, doesn't make them right or very hospitable to the sport. Isn't the ultimate goal to improve the sport and the experience for our kids. That's mine anyway.

Also, I think Kentucky is in a very good position to do something incredible with their program! Indiana and Ohio, along with alot of states are very closed minded and stuck in their old ways. Kentucky on the other hand is evolving, discussing things and seems to have some very intelligent, sincerely caring people who only want the best for the Sport of Wrestling in Kentucky.

i know its a topic for another thread but how many people have seen a kid bust his butt and parents travel a ways spend a ton of cabbage travelling going to practice then only to spend more on entering a tournament and see your kid about kill himself for a medal the size of a quarter that is worth almost that .thats bs man seriously ,I see kids in usa wrestling at least in Ohio who win freestyle and greco state and get this stupid medal that looks like something you get out of one of those quarter vending machines its a shame these jerks are making big wads of cash and spending a couple bucks on awards nothing like seeing a kids hard work rewarded with nothing .On the other hand i saw a tournament they used to have in cincy called cincy nationals it was awesome they did all three styles nice medals for each style then huge medals for top three for the combined overall best medals ever the winning medal for the combined looked like a sewer lid flava flav type stuff massive bling apeal could you imagine how a kid would feel going to school in the third or fourth grade and saying hey check out my medal and it looks like hes carrying a gold sewer lid around his neck .i know Cooper and Chamberle did the tournys they did very well there and stephen snagged three overalls ,I saw some good kids starting to come from out of state and then the tournament folded ,it would be neat for KY to have something like that maybe slow to get going but in a year or three it could be huge .a little promo a little bling its all you need.

That is a pet peeve of mine also!Also, kids go to sectionals, regionals and semi-state in Indiana (High School - IHSAA) not ISWA or USA - and get a ribbon. Are you serious. even baseball teams all over the state give out trophies. Those little cheap medals are horrible also, a plaque, a trophy or a nice big medal should be given to at least the top 3 at most all events, at least at the state level!

Also, I thought the belt series was a great idea and something outside the box that worked well.

A ribbon are you serious ,that sucks , its funny how they try to hide their cheapness with well its not tthe medal that counts remarks its insane i could imagine a box of usa state medals setting somewhere getting rusty because they could only cost about 60 cents a piece not cool when you figure you have to buy a card then pay entry fees for each style ,i know its a pet peeve as you said and i would rather have ribbons than no wrestling but man it was always sad tosee really good kids battle all day to place and get something like that ,OAC in Ohio has finalist singlets warmups and awesome brackets for its champs its neat stuff .

A ribbon? Wow, man that's crazy. As empire said, in Ohio each finalist gets a singlet, shirt, and shorts that are color coordinated for the color ankle band they wore. Green or red. And they get medals about 2.5 inches in diameter. Granted, people do complain from time to time about OACs prices. But as long as they keep spending on the kids, I'm ok with it. I do like KYs Championship rings. I think it would be cool if each State champ received a ring. That's something a guy could wear like a class ring forever. Very cool.

Yes KY has rings for the championship team and i am not sure but it would be cool for all the individual state champs to get them or get the chance to get them anyway .Parents have to pay for a portion of the rings so i am not sure how it works it would not be that big a deal ,the rings are color coordinated with each school so i do not know how it would work with each individual the school and kids design the rings i think.

1. Amp up pre finals celebration and allow re entry of balls to the stands---it did lose a bit of its electricity.

2. Finals lighting---hopefully already being addressed.

3. Love raised stage idea for finals.

4. Tarp over flooring to reduce dust on mats. Every step on flooring actually squeezed dirt through!

5. REALLY miss hotel attached to venue! Maybe an adjacent building or room in barn could be used as hospitality, resting, etc. for wrestlers and coaches. As a fan, I felt kinda stuck....maybe because I missed the hotel so much, I don't know.

6. The floor size was a blessing and a curse. Matches on far end of arena were very difficult to watch Maybe a live feed to the jumbo screen of OT, close, or marquee matchups would be cool.

7. I'm all about it being a spectacle. Wrestling is too hard to not make it special and memorable for the boys who get that far. Taking things from other states and making it our own....there's no shame in that! Who cares where the idea came from as long as its an improvement on what we are doing and it adds to the weekend!

• Upvote 3

For the record, if you read Ohio forums, there is zero discussion on how to do things. Right now on this Ky forum there are discussions about how to set up a youth State dual tourney, 10 percent rule versus set weight classes, and this one concerning changes to the high school State tourney. Go to Ohio Yappi. Nothing like that can be found anywhere, because all of the bugs in their systems have been worked out yrs ago.

I think those discussions don't occur in Ohio becuase they don't have the passion that Ky has with their state tourneys. They are not looking to make it better, only keeping what they have. I think it is awsome that there are many Ky parents, coaches, fans that want to help improve Ky wrestling and the way it is handled. Like you said every state is unique, I don't mind taking some ideas from other states but I don't want to mimic them.

Or I could take your position as say Ky teams should stop coming to Sw Ohio tourneys and stay out of our business. But I won't because I'm happy to see them over here and I have some very good freinds down there. Ky cannot grow wrestling by staying their own little island like the land before time. And as far as the spectactle before finals at State, you said it... "spectacle".

Going to Ohio, Indiana, Illinios, Missourri,Tennesee, Virginia or West Verginia (KY borders 7 states only Tenn has more with 8) to wrestle is not the issue. Leaving the state and wretling only makes every team better no matter where they go. You see different competiton and different techniques. I think some teams however don't spend enough time in their own state and don't see their in state competition. As for the "Spectacle" we hillbillies in Ky like the spectacle and if we like it what does it matter if another state does not?

• Upvote 1

i really like the idea of parents being able to situp close and personal, i feel like that definitely would mean not only a lot to the parents but also the wrestlers to be able to have their biggest fans right there. And as a kid i saw the KY state tournament and all the antics before and it definitely made you feel the intensity, a definite boost to the state finals and a KY touch. raised finals would be awesome and the dirt definitely got in your lungs while wrestling it was one of my biggest complaiints about the state tournament.

• Upvote 1

Well once again I'm torn I liked the pre finals stuff the little kids liked it and They are most important to me . Ohio has had its debates I'm sure about their state tourny but it is settled in where it's at an has less issues dUe to thte fact it is stationary .

The passion for a state tournament comes from its kids I would never claim any state is more passionate bulldog pick your arguments I understand you defending tradition and I like the ball silly string crazy stuff Ohio I very passionate about sits wrestling if it were not it would not be considered one of the top two or three wrestling states in the nation , it's a different world there it's very deep in talent and produces legends in the sport every year , Taylor ,Steiber ,Palmer ,Steiber , Palmer ,Jordan,Heil ,walz ,Schafer ,Thomuseitt ,a great kid like Tomasello ,

Fahy learned the sport there as did my own boys only mine came up with the state their goal it is the definition of passion regardless of wether you disagree with statements Ohioans make , I would not doubt their passion as they should not doubt KYs it's a sport not an area there could be a kid in alaska that is more passionate than any in history about wrestling .

Let everyone learn from others the ky state tourny was fine I liked it it even had things I woul consider better than other states the setting was far more appealing than OHIOs or indianas my boys have wrestled in both I woul rather look at a beautiful horse park than a dirty smelly city filled with all that comes with a city any day I think a kid can focus better in a more serene setting ,

Those crooked northern Ohioans are quite possibly the most concentrated group of passionate wrestling fans on the planet that why they are good ,not as good as the little group in urbana but very good lol

Going to Ohio, Indiana, Illinios, Missourri,Tennesee, Virginia or West Verginia (KY borders 7 states only Tenn has more with 8) to wrestle is not the issue. Leaving the state and wretling only makes every team better no matter where they go. You see different competiton and different techniques. I think some teams however don't spend enough time in their own state and don't see their in state competition. As for the "Spectacle" we hillbillies in Ky like the spectacle and if we like it what does it matter if another state does not?

If you read my post, you should be able to see that I'm in full support of teams traveling to other states. I was pointing out that if Mamaswatching thought us outsiders should not intrude with our ideas, how would she feel if others thought Ky wrestlers can stay in Ky? I'm all for open discussion and seeing different competition. And truthfully, if you hillbillies (your word) like the spectactle more power to you. I thought this thread was about asking ideas to improve the State tourney? You want to give your high schoolers a recess so you can all act like kinny gardners, go ahead. But to say Ohio and others aren't as passionate about their tourney? Well, I've never seen anything like that at any high level event. National events, world series, superbowl, ect.... as someone pointed out, while the best Ky has to offer are wrestling, a lot of the other wrestlers are in play mode still. I don't know. Have all the fun you want, it was only my suggestion. I'm going to agree to disagree. Ky is on the upswing, and a lot of the old ways will have go and be restructured as the sport grows.

Come on Stalling the recess is a Ky tradition "When in Rome "if you could see the fun all the kids have duiring the big blow out you would probably change your attitude and as you know i was made the butt of jokes because some a holes thought it was funny i was getting bombarded by crap but my son laughed so i did as well and i know you were only quoting someone else but if the hillbilly capital of the world is not lower east side cincy then it is without question ........Portsmouth .....or is that redneck ....and i bet you have been through there so you know its true....lmao.

Preusse invited the Kentucky wrestlers to come to Ohio and finish what Robert E Lee started up at Iron Man ,I think number 28 will do just that before he is done.Preusse runs the best ,

well toughest tournament in the country many complain about it and it is no where near as classy as the Ohio state tournament or many others but it is the best so everyone talking about tournys should consider that ,its cramped small basically miserable but has that certain quality that makes none of it matter its tough ass wrestling that keeps everyone on the edge of their seat no jumbo trons no raised floors nothing at all to fancy ,

14 classes full of tough kids all training hard for a whole year or their whole life for one title thats what makes a good tournament .

I have seen strange duals and tournaments that seemed oddly unattended ,Moeller Graham Masillon Perry tri ,looked like a ghost town in the stands and here i was thinking holy #$*& this is Graham i think they were national champs at the time Masillon who was very impressive and Moeller the powerhouse in southern Ohio wrestling ,and no hooplah no wild crowd ...no passion so it happens even in Ohio .i thought it was awesome wrestling ,Stephen got to wrestle a Graham kid whom he pinned or teched i dont remember and he wrestled his friend Mitch Newhouse an Ohio state D1 champ now whom he beat in a less than great match .some kids just really do not want to wrestle each other i know its the sport but it was one of those i think not because they were afraid of each other they were actually friends who talked about the sport when around each other .

Either way ,If CC Union and Trinity had a tri i bet the intensity in the room would be waaaaay more intense ,Or CC RYLE and SK ,personally i want to see CC LArue and woodford but thats just me LMFAO...im just kidding i think i met larues coach he was a good guy and i forgave that woodford mom for cusssing me out at state long ago .

I think Ryle CC and SK should have a tournament against Moeller gcl champs ,Reading CHL champs and Oak hills because some F&^% B@#$$ from there

got me kicked out of Swowca because my son smashed hers and her girlfriend from moe didnt like me because the moelerites were mad Steph leftem and they couldnt beatem

and i would like to see her crying after i found out whose kid was hers and had one of my boys enter his class and belly to belly him driving his head into the matt so hard he would have to eat out his A$$ for the rest of his life ,except my boys wouldnt do anything like that i would have to ask Kevin Cooper to do it ,he understands how the world works my boys do not yet .

I also would like to see Thornberry and or Freahauf beat the crap out of Austin as some of those Ohio A holes claimed they did because no one in the country has done that since he was in the sixth grade and none ever will again ,He on the other hand may do just that to them ,hes younger stronger and has done more in the sport than either or both of them or anyone in their city ever has or may ever do ,A freshman state and national champ and ow winner who had the best ever jr high and freshman record in the

city EVER without question ,Not Ward not Gresham not Thornberry not Freuhauf and no not even willie yes i said willie

Reading should be there just to get to be a part of it rednecks or not they are chl champs for ever and reading is like sparta a tiny town where everyone has to do sports like spartans had to be warriors .

those wimps at SWOWCA dropped CC down on their list and we know who controls that tourny they are scared just being honest everyone knows what im talking about ,thats not being passionate thats being the dirty little we are great everyone else is beneath us and if we cant beatem all we will keep em out wannabees they really are .screw them and

their washed up hopes of a national team because their parents couldnt have their kids outdone by real freakin studs who are going to beat em all again any way

Wasn't implying anything bad towards you stalling I know you know the score I just

just get carried away about my boys and a getting trashed on by deuchebags and I'm sorry a private school with kids from all over the area entering a community division in a national tournament is bit really fair and does not show passion it shows they want to look good above all eds enters the all star div because they do want to go against the best .

I mean community by definition explains itself how many communities do the kids in Moeller come from ??

• Upvote 1

To clarify I am open minded enough to thank Mpire for his input on this thread. He understood what I was trying to convey, that no one likes to be called names and made to feel inferior by anyone. All I was trying to say is that I do not go onto other states sites and bash their tourny or call others names its kinda like voting I can not vote for the govenor of Indiana or Ohio so what good would it be for me to voice my opinion. A forum is for discussion but it does not need to be a mud slinging site. Open minded people will understand contructive suggestions but ask any one that is involved in Kentucky Wrestling or has a kid involved in it please do not talk down to us. We are not " kinny gardners" we are people that live in Kentucky and love our Kentucky wrestling. Thank you for your interest but lets follow the Golden Rule from now on Okay. And I am not trying to be smart or uppity, only offering an olive branch LOL

I know Stalling is a very good person he is proud of his state and loves the sport and he is only trying to help and I also understand your stance on the subject and knowing stalling meant no harm and seeing you were only being defensive I tried to show their was no harm in eithers post , nice of you to be open minded as well . I apologise for always rambling on and telling stories I'm sure I seem arrogant or whatever to many I am a bit when it comes to my kids I'm just an old guy living through them I guess lol and I never understood the harm in it only the harm in those who always seemed to attack people for doing it .

I also know my comments about personal issues with teams or past incidents probably confuse many people I just use what I have at hand to retaliate and often get clarified away at times . And no I do not get hammered at night and ramble on lol i do try to see others points of view and compromise if possible if not and they are so sneaky deceitful and openly hateful then screw em , and many people have been towards me and mine in this sport for no other reason than they are simply snobby wannabe arrogant jerks who do not like being out done . I hate seeing good people get suckered in to changing their own good way of honest thinking by being manipulated because the powers that be are sometimes crooked . Just because the most popular or largest groups take a stance on someone or something does not make it right proper Or even remotely good at times . Sometimes the evil in the world can be the man in the mirror if you do not watch it you become a part of it without knowing .stay open minded and true to yourself and sometimes your instincts , people know right from wrong ,period .

Ky I'm sure is grateful for any help and I'm sure most are only trying to help but at the same Time I'm sure it becomes easy to become condescending towards others and that's what people who are maybe on the defensive a bit quick are looking out for .

It's all good , sometimes the anarchists are really the righteous going against unfair powers that be , revolutionists and Rebels lol so yes cross the river and finish what Robert E Lee Started . Like Stonewall give it your all and if you go down go down fighting after losing a limb or two , that's passion .What a hero ,so many wins against the enemy after sacrificing more than anyone and in the end no one can take credit for your defeat because your own side took you out simply going till you had nothing left.

Sometimes the winners the powers that be who write the history books cannot diminish the greatest heroes the ones who are strapped to their horse after losing an arm and a leg and still keep fighting because of their belief that they are right you cannot hide or diminish some peoples acts of bravery against the odds and the masses their VALOR is to great .

All those jerks up North who took shots at a stonewall who went down this summer for doing what he loves and believes in despite his disadvantages at the time simply because he has beaten them for so long have no understanding of honor or words like Valor and do not recognise their own heroes ,i will enjoy seeing rebels cross the river and finish what was started there is a rebel coming no one can shoot down no egomaniacal sycophant brainwashed masses can stop and who is going to defeat all your Northern heroes and already has and you may have shot stonewall down but i got news for you you didnt finish him he has a few shots left LOL.

• Upvote 1

Wow; Two Robert E Lee references. You better explain that one, it could be taken in a very serious bad way.

As for the discussion; I've been involved for over 25 years and wrestled for 4 years in Ky and have seen great improvements in facilities and wrestling in KY.

Up untill about 1990 the state tourney was being held at a high school gym (that did not have a wrestling team). Moved to Frankfort, the capital and bigger arena, Now to an even bigger arena. We went from about 50 schools with wresting in Ky to about 90-100 today.

There was no middle school toutnament until 2000 and no middle school coaches assosiation until 2003. The 1st Youth state tourney was about 2004.

All of this was because of people getting together and finding new ways of doing things. Yes we borrowed, used and stole ideas from other places, but we also have put a Ky spin on things.

We Kentucky wrestlers have been looked down on by big brother Ohio for years, so we may have knee jerk reactions to those outside of Ky who critisize us. And MPire Moe has been doing those type of things for years. When we won a Tourney in Ohio my Jr. year at CC and beat Moe and others. We were not asked back, we were told by the hosting school that if we returned then Moe and others would not attend. Even this year at the GMV when Ky (SK, Ryle, and CC) was winning several light wt. classes the crowd was getting hostel against Ky wrestlers calling names and such.

• Upvote 1

Robert E Lee LOL ,a person plucked from history by an Ohio promoter to challenge KY wrestlers to enter his tourny ,A gesture some would look at as hostile but i think he meant come and get it if your not scared LOL i actually like his way of thinking so and i like history so i am stuck on using it .

surprised CC is not in Swowca hard to believe they were dropped down on the list rather than asked to enter this coming year hmmmm very fishy turn down the state champs yet still claim to be trying to have a tough tournament ,they have to protect their image and that of their stars.

I like the cavalry and was going to say Nathan Bedford Forest i liked his lightning quick and sneaky raids but he is to shady a figure in history and i didnt want his other less than notable exploits brought into the conversation.Stonewall is a much better analogy anyway.

I saw some good matchups at Lakota i know it ticked the ohio guys off losing to ky kids but i didnt hear them booing but it was a smaller venue,

No big deal my kid got booed very bad at a small tournament this year for beating a Ky placer from last yr because he came from Ohio it happens i like to think of it as applause if your side is cheering and theirs is booing its all cheers LOL I was happy that by the state tournament i think peoples opinions had changed a little you overcome you struggle and eventually you gain support because of your efforts.I doubt any Ohio fans will ever cheer for an outsider beating any of their kids though and i suspect no Ky fans would cheer outsiders beating their athletes .

• Upvote 1

Mpire,

I enjoy watching your boys wrestle regardless what state or school they are in. Your sons are great athletes and good people and will be successful anywhere. You seem to have negative feelings toward Moeller and other Ohio highschools. There are many great schools to attend in the Cincinnati/Dayton area (Reading, Colerain, Springboro, Elder, Lasalle, Sycamore, Taylor,Fenwick, Carroll) just to name a few. How did your boys end up at Moeller for only a short time, from what we all saw at the state tourny your boys seem to get along great with fellow teammates? Many people like to compare Moeller and Trinity because both schools get a lot of transfers and students from other communities.

A lot of discussion about Kentucky teams wrestling Ohio teams. The more teams that go into Ohio for mat time he better Kentucky gets. How many teams are scheduled to travel to Ohio this year for matches? I would assume CC, Ryle, SK are going to places like the GMVWA or SWOWCA, anyone else invited?

I have no real negative feelings towards any High school, far from it i loved the kids and a lot of people at Moeller its a great school

I liked most of the kids at all the schools and teams my kids wrestled for ,.i openly tried to help many and many parents simply turned their nose at me knowing being on the mat with my kids would help theirs anyway , as cocky as it sounds it is true .

I Am a kid at heart if you asked the majority of my kids teammates on any of their teams you would find that I liked them all and most liked me as well I hope ,my sons wrestled for Moeller of and on for many years and youth jr high as everyone knows are shady times at best I looked after my kids best interest at all times and tried to hold to my principals I'm not the type to go with the flow and not make waves when thing are obviously not kosher .

I did not take my sons out of Moeller , I had issues with slacking in the room by the sr group whom the staff wanted my boy/ boy to emulate I have to many bad stories about wrestling to go over my kids my wife and myself have all been ran down by people from there but I hate no school just ignorant envious people .

Hey did I tell you Austin was an undefeated freshman state and national champ who brought an OW back to ky from nationals .

And did I tell you some guy up in northern Ohio ranked him 28 in sophomore class lmao , you starting to get the picture the biggest freshman state champ ever in his state 28 whateeever .

It will not matter if he wins state 4 times or only one more he is top dog right now and no crybaby at moe up north or anywhere can rain on his parade .

To clarify I am open minded enough to thank Mpire for his input on this thread. He understood what I was trying to convey, that no one likes to be called names and made to feel inferior by anyone. All I was trying to say is that I do not go onto other states sites and bash their tourny or call others names its kinda like voting I can not vote for the govenor of Indiana or Ohio so what good would it be for me to voice my opinion. A forum is for discussion but it does not need to be a mud slinging site. Open minded people will understand contructive suggestions but ask any one that is involved in Kentucky Wrestling or has a kid involved in it please do not talk down to us. We are not " kinny gardners" we are people that live in Kentucky and love our Kentucky wrestling. Thank you for your interest but lets follow the Golden Rule from now on Okay. And I am not trying to be smart or uppity, only offering an olive branch LOL

I understood completely what you were saying. In no uncertain terms said that if you're not from Ky, then you don't have any business on this site. And that's not the first time you've told me that. For the record, there are many posters on Ohio Yappi that are from Ky. Why? Because a lot of Ky teams come up to Ohio for the competition. You can't have your cake and eat it too. And for the record, my entire family lives in Ky except for me. My grandfather and father were coalminers in Harlan County, and I have family from there to Florence. And by the way, Ohio had to boot two Ky youth wrestlers last yr that tried to sign up for the Ohio State tourney. Apperently you aren't aware as to just how entwined Ky and Ohio wrestling really is. Ever hear of SWOCA? Southwest OHIO coaches classic? Ky teams wresle in it. So, forgive me for intruding (your word). If Ky comes to my house, I'm coming to yours. As far as the "kinny gardners" remark, I guess its ok to say Ohio has a stick up their butt, and we're not passionate about our State tourney. Whatever. Ill accept your "olive branch", but please don't try to reprimand me like I'm a child. I never insulted anyone until I was insulted.

man i wish i had a nickel for every decendent of a coalminer,i mean seriously its the rage and every hillbilly sympathiser comes from Hazard sp or Harlan its insane i have relatives from Harlan and have some who lived in Hazzard ,Hazard had a tv show maybe Harlan needs one or is that Justified ....My familys from Corbin they need some love as well Pikeville is wild how about Jelicho .

Cmon Stalling tell us the truth your dad and grandfather were Bartenders from Portsmouth ,which does qualify you as a redneck hillbilly decendant but not a coalminers decendent ,while both are dark and gloomy places there is a difference ,LMAO

• Upvote 1