Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2012/2013 - May 16

Now that someone has aked ....wheres those rankings everyone is bored to death and rankings always seem to get people involved and interested ,do you rank the middle school kids that would probably really get everyone excited but its probably a lot harder with wild growth spurts and new kids catching up ..

• Upvote 1

might want to put me in there

Went back and read all the posts this one is the absolute best post i have ever seen on any site it says it all .

"might want to put me in there "like hey man you forgot about my awesome Kung Fu i will be sure to watch this kid when i figure out who he is ,im betting he is good ,confident and interested enough to see whats going on in the sport ,very nice .

With so much negativity i think it says a lot at least about the kids they are confident and know they can get it done.

• Upvote 3

Went back and read all the posts this one is the absolute best post i have ever seen on any site it says it all .

"might want to put me in there "like hey man you forgot about my awesome Kung Fu i will be sure to watch this kid when i figure out who he is ,im betting he is good ,confident and interested enough to see whats going on in the sport ,very nice .

With so much negativity i think it says a lot at least about the kids they are confident and know they can get it done.

the reason u dont know who i am is because i live in tn i will be wrestling in ky this year. as a junior . the reason im so confident cuz ky is not as good as tn wrestling and i was on the cadet national team. i am ranked 2nd in the state of tn in freestyle. i didnt get to finish my school year because of a injury. but u will find out who this is when season starts. or after super 32

Ky not as good as Tn wrestling. Hmmm. Not sure if that is true. I would have said the opposite in most casses. Being located in the Northern part of Ky we don't see many teams from Tn. But those that we have seen have not been that impresive over the years. And I would guess that only the better teams would make the trip to Lou/Lex, Nky, or SW Oh.

Some of the SK clan might be able to answer that question better since they have traveled to Tn in the past.

Well theres a difference between being confident and ignorant i dont know all the tenn kids but i have only heard of one kid from tenn and he couldnt' hang with our best hope your a 220 a 152 160 or anywhere between 126 138 ,2nd in tenn in freestylye GOLLY GEE you sure are gonna whoop up on all the kids in KY LMAO .

From your post all anyone could tell was someone beat you in Fr st in Tenn and thats not saying a whole lot and you got injured which probably means a bit more and not for the better.

? IF your ranked second in Tenn in Freestyle in your class where does that land you in Fargo duiring the placing rounds

IN THE STANDS .

He should be a 220 or 195 from what i am getting which is spectacular because Ky has a decent 220 or 195 for him to prove his boasts against .hopefully hes a 220 .

• Upvote 1

the reason im so confident cuz ky is not as good as tn wrestling

Congrats on your past success in tn..... i mean tenn,,,,,First off if you are now a ky kid instead of a tn ...i mean tenn kid you might want to have some pride and show a little respect ..us lowly wrestling neophytes in KY get a little tired of people bashing on our kids and those of us who do stick together and for your info "WE HAVE ALREADY SEEN YOU WRESTLE "and your not going to beat any of our best by a long shot ,Its a shame i actually complimented you on your positive attitude untill it turned ugly seriously bashing KY wrestling i know 2 sophmores in our region alone that would pin you probably in the first period at your weight and a large number of lighter guys that would beat you as well ,sorry to be so nasty but good luck and welcome to KY .

Seriously, Super 32 ,are you going to try that pin yourself technique like in your matches i saw

Rather than say" KY is not as good as tn wrestling "you better be saying "Im glad im in KY because i wasn't learning anything in TENN"

its dangerous talking smack i had about ten people pm me so i could watch your matches now theres about 50 coaches in KY who have seen all of your bad habits to go along with your bad boasts im going to call you the Moth Man because your wrestling and technique is so full of holes .

Your a thick kid and could be a good wrestler try being polite and it will get you a lot further in the sport and in life "and i dont need any wisecracks about me "LOL

Do they teach that head position in Tenn because its Head and Arm city for you in KY son and as i said your thick but a bit to much most kids in your weight will be using their reach and height advantage to devestating effect. Do they know how to shoot in Tenn ?because they do in KY ,and was that an Arm spin you tried OMG .

Now look up some KY wrestlers before you start talking smack ,they dont make your mistakes and i have never heard any of them talk the smack you already have ,Thats parents jobs :;

Ranger ,i would bet that either Trevor Thompson or Austin Myers go 195 i think Trevor will more than likely go there .

the reason im so confident cuz ky is not as good as tn wrestling

Congrats on your past success in tn..... i mean tenn,,,,,First off if you are now a ky kid instead of a tn ...i mean tenn kid you might want to have some pride and show a little respect ..us lowly wrestling neophytes in KY get a little tired of people bashing on our kids and those of us who do stick together and for your info "WE HAVE ALREADY SEEN YOU WRESTLE "and your not going to beat any of our best by a long shot ,Its a shame i actually complimented you on your positive attitude untill it turned ugly seriously bashing KY wrestling i know 2 sophmores in our region alone that would pin you probably in the first period at your weight and a large number of lighter guys that would beat you as well ,sorry to be so nasty but good luck and welcome to KY .

Seriously, Super 32 ,are you going to try that pin yourself technique like in your matches i saw

Rather than say" KY is not as good as tn wrestling "you better be saying "Im glad im in KY because i wasn't learning anything in TENN"

its dangerous talking smack i had about ten people pm me so i could watch your matches now theres about 50 coaches in KY who have seen all of your bad habits to go along with your bad boasts im going to call you the Moth Man because your wrestling and technique is so full of holes .

Your a thick kid and could be a good wrestler try being polite and it will get you a lot further in the sport and in life "and i dont need any wisecracks about me "LOL

Do they teach that head position in Tenn because its Head and Arm city for you in KY son and as i said your thick but a bit to much most kids in your weight will be using their reach and height advantage to devestating effect. Do they know how to shoot in Tenn ?because they do in KY ,and was that an Arm spin you tried OMG .

Now look up some KY wrestlers before you start talking smack ,they dont make your mistakes and i have never heard any of them talk the smack you already have ,Thats parents jobs :;

i wasnt trying to like tlk smack. i was going by the state rankings. but i know im thick and short. but im actually strong if not stronger then half the kids i wrestle. this was my frist year doin freestyle. and i really didnt start wrestling until last year then i got injured. but if u saw my match at nationals agaisnt landon pelham u would see that if i was maybe not so nervous of trying to throw things and had better technique u would see that i actually probably would of beat him. and he got 2nd at fargo this year. i mean sorry for my cockyness or whatever . im always like that. i dont want to go out there thinking im goin to get beat. but im gonna be living in the louisville area. and i want to know good wrestling schools. i go to heritage now and we placed in top 8 last year and we already beat 3 teams that got top 5. we had a pre season tournement. so we are saying we will deff get top 5 hopefully first. and i just dont want to leave knowing we have a chance to do something. we didnt lose anybody so we are stacked still. so i just want to go to a school that is actually good. i dont want to be there just practicing for individual i want to be practicing to win team state

I"m more curious as to where this transfer from Heritage is going to end up at in KY.

you tell me whats best to go to. i will be living in louisville. i have a cuz that lives in new albany i was gonna go there just to know somebody and wrestle with him. but he said indiana dont have team state now. and im not just in it for individual i wanna win team first

and i would really like to watch the finals match of 182 and 195 so if u guys would put the link i would appreciate it. thanku

o and did u guys have a cadet national team?

Im sure louisville has plenty of schools that can help you ,I am surprised that kid took second in Fargo he looked sloppy to me .

I dont think its nerves its technique that you need to work on that kid you wrestled would get pinned by some kids i know in KY that can make 195 as well.

sounds like your not sure your even in or going to be in KY if you want to win state you better come to CC and habg out with our four All Americans LOL

And What rankings are you talking about theres about a couple dozen out there and half of em are fulla poo poo and the others are not 100 % correct either and none of em are based out of KY ,The Mpire rankings have Tn ranked waaaaay behind KY and im putting more stock in them than the sheehan rankings .

OK im sorry just having some fun ,Best of luck to you this year Sheehan welcome to Ky for real we are going to have a great year next yr i expect our FR GR teams will be getting it done and i think you will find wrestling in KY is as good as if not better than your former states .

If you find yourself overqualified for the competition wherever you end up just yell im sure we can find someone in NKY for you to wrestle we have some a bit bigger and a bit smaller that are not afraid to step up to a challenge or two .

Sheehan34 did you place at NHSCA this year? I think I have an idea of who you are.

Mpire, if Austin goes 195, I would like to be at NHSCA nationals to see that one.

I think ,well im sure he can make it for now if he wants but i dont think he will ,from the reports i got back from coaches and wrestlers at NHSCA they were pretty confident he would have done well at soph 220 and i saw schoolastic duals he did well with one really close match against a very good kid ,Austin has wrestled a lot of the higher placers "the Ohio kids "who did well at the lower weights at NHSCAs and he beat them all i think he is having fun getting big but i know some people would like to see him lean out hes about 230 now and a pudgy but dropping 10 for a powerlifting meet hes about 15 lbs off of one national record and 10 or so on another he has this year and next to break it if it doesnt change we are having a lot of fun in the gym ,

I expect Austin, Bryant and maybe Thompson will make 220 exciting this year .Austin will cert at 195 no problem and he will go wherever he thinks he has the best chance for the best matchup to take the OW from Brock Kevin Stephen and or anyone else ,He has always went up or down for the best matchups he dropped 20 + as a sixth grader to wrestle BO and bumped about 40 last yr to win the jr high OW in OH ,this year he had to go where they told him although he certified at 182 and then after the season he went 220 at NHSCA because he didnt want to cut he felt no need he would have went 195 had he went to flow but i wanted him at NHSCAs and he was going to go 195 at schoolastic duals but they wanted him at 220 for the state team and he said OK .there is no 220 in college so he either has to become a legit heavy or get used to making 195 for a looooong time ,so the easiest and probably smartest bet is to stay 220 this yr then go up jr and sr yr to prepare for College .

I think sheehan is an ok kid hes just a little misguided or underadvised about KY.

Ky not as good as Tn wrestling. Hmmm. Not sure if that is true. I would have said the opposite in most casses. Being located in the Northern part of Ky we don't see many teams from Tn. But those that we have seen have not been that impresive over the years. And I would guess that only the better teams would make the trip to Lou/Lex, Nky, or SW Oh.

Some of the SK clan might be able to answer that question better since they have traveled to Tn in the past.

I wish more KY teams would make the trip south rather than north. Union County comes to the GP West Tournament in Brentwood, TN every year. I can't remember the last time they won it though. They did end up at a respectful 4th place this year.

Bruin - GP West Invitational Place Team Score 1. Christian Brothers 236.00 2. Cleveland 213.00 3. McCallie 208.50 4. Union County 161.00 5. Brentwood 114.50 6. Ravenwood 109.00 7. Franklin 95.50 Houston 95.50 9. Clarksville 91.00 10. Oolteway 83.00 11. Blackman 70.00 12. Centennial 68.50 13. Cookeville 63.00 14. McGavock 56.50 15. Red Bank 47.00 16. Seigel 40.00 17. Fort Campbel 38.00 18. Antioch 36.00 19. Overton 30.50 20. Tullahoma 28.00 21. Franklin Road Academy 19.00 22. Lipscomb 18.00 23. Montgomery Central 9.50

Deadlift, I believe Union won it the year before if I remember correctly.

They were third that year.

GP West Invitational

January 14-15, 2011

Place Score Name

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th

1 221.00 McC 4 3 2 1

2 170.00 RAV 3 1 1 3 1

3 168.50 UNC 4 2 1 1

4 145.00 FRK 1 2 2 1 2

5 141.50 CLK 1 3 3

6 129.00 BLK 1 3 1 1 1

7 95.50 HST 1 2 2 1

8 83.00 CEN 1 1 1 1

9 74.50 CKV 2 1 1

10 69.50 TUL 1 1 1

11 61.00 BWD 1 1 1

12 50.00 BGA 1 1 1

13 43.00 ANT 1 1

14 42.00 OVT 2 1

15 35.00 MNT 1 1

16 32.00 MCG 1

17 21.00 FRT 2

18 13.00 ENS 1

19 11.00 HWD

11.00 LIP 1

21 0.00 BCH

Sheehan34 did you place at NHSCA this year? I think I have an idea of who you are.

Mpire, if Austin goes 195, I would like to be at NHSCA nationals to see that one.

I don't even know the kid who may be moving to KY. But Half, if any KY coach knows anything about TN wrestling it should be you.