Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2012/2013 - May 16

Okay guys, I finally forced myself to sit down and post this. Not even close to all of the updates I wanted to make, especially incorporating the middle school kids moving up. I haven't seen many results from the spring so far, so I have only made a few weight adjustments. But I'm sure you all will let me hear about plenty of it. ENJOY!

2012_2013 High School Rankings May 16.pdf

• Upvote 1

Now ya know you are going to have to adjust those team dual rankings? State duals are going to be split into small school and large school.

I also thought they were only taking 1 from each region next year. 1 small and 1 big.

lasttakedown its alright he also has kids who are ranked nationally behind kids who get 3rd in regionals

don't get me started.

lasttakedown, there are any number of reasons for that. send me a message and i can explain the specific situation you are concerned about.

Now ya know you are going to have to adjust those team dual rankings? State duals are going to be split into small school and large school.

I also thought they were only taking 1 from each region next year. 1 small and 1 big.

Hadn't heard anything about that. Guess i've been out of the loop. Oh well, guess that is something else to do in my spare time. Maybe i will work on that while i'm at camp in a few weeks at Jordan's.

don't get me started.

lasttakedown, there are any number of reasons for that. send me a message and i can explain the specific situation you are concerned about.

tell me ranger?

tell me ranger?

How about send him a message and I'm sure he will respond to you. It's under Messenger at the top on the site.

lasttakedown its alright he also has kids who are ranked nationally behind kids who get 3rd in regionals

But the 3rd in regionals got 2nd in state and returning to the same wt. class. While the nationally ranked kid is bumping up 2 wt. classes. (lets get all the info)

Doubt Corbin Woods is 38 and i also doubt he ends up 10th .What about Bachman at cc or was he a sr?Cant argue with the rankings but i know a few kids who will do a bit bettter than predicted in different setting .Jones is good not sure how he and Hamilton pair up having a good partner in his brother and great coaches at WV vs Hamilton having a good partner and good coaches at CC it may be a very good match Hamilton has some moves i would say it is his to lose i would have had to put him second over jones just off of bigger tournament experience thats if he goes 52 he wasnt exactly shredded this year i would think he would shoot for 45 and the title !!!! wouldn't everyone agree.put woods at 52 hamilton at 45 Corbin places at 52 wedged between Paul and Stephen .no choice but to be much improved ,"DAMN i should be a coach" lol thats how i would do it knowing how much Woods has grown and How much better Hamilton could be if he worked at it ,not sure if that helps the team as far as points but it will not surprise me .put Hamilton 45 woods 52 Myers 60 ,2 champs and a placer ,Fauz could go up as well but i doubt it his weight could be very important as far as team standings .I think CC has a great shot at 4 titles this year again at least if the SR leadership steps up and doesnt leave it up to a soph a jr and a hard worker in woods to lead the way i think four and about that many placers would get it done.

With a state champ graduating i think CC pushes its 220 up part of the year in order to bring along a new HVY ,that is if he wants to go hvy ,looking forward to the match with Bryant.There is no 220 in college and its doubtful a fresh 220 champ stays 220 four years even if he was pudgy i figure he goes hvy till the break then goes 220+ the rest of the year .

• Upvote 1

I would say the meat of Campbell's lineup would need to look like this.

132 Fauz

138 Woods/Hamilton

145 Hamilton/Woods

152 Myer/Bachman

160 Bachman/Myer

171 Turner

182 Mathews

Along with Krebs at 106, Maggart at 114, and Spahr at 120 and Myers at 220

This could be a team that is unstoppable.

• Upvote 1

Louwrestfan I think you are reading a little to much into it. I think both schools have great coaches. I think empire complimenting them both is a good thing. To say walton has a good coaching staff is pretty accurate. Dave barnes div 1 all american , eric cameron recent graduate of indiana university(big 10), bill peace 4 year college wrestler. So to say these coaches are great coaches is an understatement. I would think any wrestling program would be lucky to have such a well qualified staff. Not to mention they have only had a program for 3 yrs. Not to bad. So the point is that it sound like you are trying to get a rise out of empire or start drama with campbell county and walton

sorry , i didnt read anything into it. i just asked the question because that is the way he typed it. i was giving him chance clarify his statement. if he made a mistake then he can fix it. if he typed what he meant then it sounds like a slight toward cc coaches. i hope not because i want to see the boys wrestle next year.

Actually it was a compliment to Campbell County as well as Walton Verona ,showing respect to a staff and opponents is simply showing my respect for WV and the people I have met from there parents and a few coaches and I am impressed with the young Cameron as well as the enthusiasm of some of its parents , not a slight to CC its called being Humble I picked the CC kid over the WV kid who I like a lot mostly because he was a CC kid being honest I am a home team player untill I am given reason not to be , funny everyone waiting to stir the , if it gives everyone a rise then I will say there is a few things I would do differently or like to see done differently at CC but nothing huge or mind blowing and I certainly would have a slightly different approach on things but good is good I have seen great coache who do things out of the box and have very close relationships with kids and parents that Is what kind of person I am , it's what you need to have a very hardcore approach .

How the heck does complimenting a team in an opposing position lead to anything even remotely resembling an argument towards a home team ,

Of it makes you happy I will say CC will obliterate WV and the test of the state they have every weight covered a far as coaching as well as weight class studs across all weights a hvy coach that has great heart and lob of kida and the sport a head coach with mass experience and ability to obviously diffuse and avoid drama "although as much as all the a holes tried to push my buttons I shut you all up by playing it cool this year , of course why did I hav to get ticked I knew what AA going to happen i figured it all out fom day 1 " set back win state and watch your kids get titles as well as help the team get it done ?

Why make waves when everyone was waiting to surf at my expense ,lol I have had my buttons pushed forever and usually I play along and use it to my own advantage or for kicks and I actually love the sport my kids and respect the majority of every kid and coach I have met WV is a small team with a few studs and great staff they will never beat a CC SK or Ryle next yr but can be a shocker in time if they get the kids .

I am sure the coaches at CC would rather have me compliment an opposing team that deserves the compliment rather than say we is gonna kick they @ss we is number 1 We has got da rings .if it makes you happy I will reserve great for those who deserve it in the future and simply use good . For everyone now let's have some fun ,

Belk from Ryle will be a shocker showed great character with injuries Larue and is a worker and rule is reloading and will need kida to step up and they will I'm sure .

I'm not sure woods can make 38 with Bachman in there a team move could put S Myers at 170 I think he could hang and woul fill out but that is to big for him and not a smart move as far as looking ahead to college .not sure how big Bachman is either way I do not see woods at 38 he's to big .

Now blast me for all my typing errors because thats about all your going to get from me today ,except CC does have a Great coach and I will reserve that compliment just for him because I haven't seen anyone comparable to him as far as heart at any school in OH or KY I know 1 great coach in OH and even he would be humbled by one of CC coaches and that's the kind of guy I want coaching my kids .

Now If you want to argue let's debate the Austin / Bryant match or the Hamilton /Polly/Jones / Cooper / Myers /Chamberle matches (:

Or how about Fauzt /Lampe or Canter /Myers ding ding ding

Rideemout... When you say " nationally ranked" what rankings are you referring to? I just put down this months issue of WIN magazine and didn't see anyone from KY nationally ranked. Are you referring to grade or class specific rankings as in juniors only ..etc ?

I'm sure he means USA wrestling rankings by class and they are more legit than OHs intermat as far as nationally ranked overall Win is good stuff but seema to go off of reported in comments a bit USA wrestling is huge covering the whole sport on a more personal level I think you will see some KY kids ranked overall when they actually come out at the end of this month , Ervin and A Myers are both 5 but Brock probably has the better chance at the lighter weight and being a jr next yr and Cooper and S Myers are 13 and 11 in their weights at jrs so they should make it and Fahy in the top 15 for srs should be a lock for overall rankings ,

Just my take on it ,of course I'm waiting to see If a fresh 220 can make the overall rankings so I can have yrs I fun bashing some haters north of the OH river .lol

thanks Ranger for the rankings,I think they are fun to look at,and I take them with a grain of salt.But as for one certain wrestler at 106 you have given him great motivation(something that had been lacking lately) and if he keeps working as hard as he's been lately he will make a run at the 106 title.