Sign in to follow this  
rideemout

Toughest ever weight class

Fargo 2010 cadet 112 don't ask it was the toughest ever in the history of the modern world .

Look it up if you don't believe me

I think ridem is talking about in the KY state tourney.

To be honest Mpire, most people on this site could look at the bracket you mentioned and not know one name on it. Or only know 1 or 2. Myself probably included.

I know but it had two multiple state champs from ky and two from oh and one from both lol and they all got hammered pretty much , Ben Whitford won and won the OW of the tourny and it was loaded with studs from everywhere , Fargo makes great wrestlers look average it's insane . I have seen tough classes at Iron Man but this was just a two yr cadet class insanely brutal matches I saw there in Greco and freestyle in that class of course most kida defer from Greco trying to save themselves for Freestyle .

The best and toughest double Whitford won both he did very well that yr .

2006 145 was pretty dang rough you had Courtney , Aylor, Banks , Mitch Ervin, Wilson from CC , and a few others i cant remember. In that list you have a state champ, a 4 time state champ,a 2 time state champ , a runner up and a 2 time runner up. Plus , Josh Cooper was there most of the year until he bumped up at regions.

In those you listed I know who the 4xer is and the 2xer but who it the other state champ referrred to? I dont remeber Aylor, Banks or Wilson winning state?

Yes, Aylor won it the year Region 1 had the 1, 2 and 3 ranked guys @ 140 in state. Aylor beat my old teammate Kenny Manual in the quarters and went on to win it. Thomas Campbell from fort campbell didn't place and Cody Walls from Caldwell beat Kenny for 3rd.

UK you are correct about region 1 having the 1, 2 and 3 ranked guys at 140. Yet Region 6 had three in the Semi's Rob Aylor (Ryle), Brian Wilson (Campbell) and John Golsby (Holmes). Placing 1,2 and 5.

Not the toughest but pretty stout:

1999 112 lb class

Knable- 4 timer

Daviaux- 2 timer, 3 time finalist

Anthony Smith- 2 time finalist, 4 time placer

Chad Haydon- State champ, placed in nationals that yr

Neal Crawford- State finalist

Josh Kenneweg- state finalist

maybe a few more I'm not remembering

this is back when it was a 16 man bracket too.

2004-119lb weight class. Had alot of state champs to come out of this class and multiple placers

Courtney 4 timer

Scott- 2 timer

Thunamen 4 time 3 place I believe.

Perry won it that year I believe.

Thyself seven state championships outta one weight class.