Sign in to follow this  
Mike Calhoun

DAKE VS TAYLOR

So Kyle Dake beats David Taylor at the Olympic team trials this past weekend. Should we be looking for him to move up next year, going for a 4th national title in four different weight classes? Three different weight classes was a feat in itself, four would be an accomplishment that may never be repeated.

I think he goes for the 4th weight and title, unless his body just doesnt cooperate.

Does anyone know of a link to the video of the Dake vs Taylor match?

I looked on NBCOlympic.com and watched on session couldnt find it, I wish they would have labeled the videos better to identify the matches.

I think he goes for the 4th weight and title, unless his body just doesnt cooperate.

Does anyone know of a link to the video of the Dake vs Taylor match?

I looked on NBCOlympic.com and watched on session couldnt find it, I wish they would have labeled the videos better to identify the matches.

It is on nbcolympics.com. Go to videos, select sport (wrestling), U.S. Wrestling Trials: Day 1 - Mat 3 Replay. Dake vs Taylor is around 4hrs 30mins. The yellow dots on the timeline represent the begining of matches, if you scroll over the dots the names of the wrestlers in that match appear.

Freestyle is a different sport altogether at that level. I'm one still believing Taylor defeats Dake easily in folkstyle. The Olympic Trials outcome means nothing IMHO.

I agree with nkawtg135 to a point. After watching the video, I was very surprised at how Dake looked stronger and more aggressive. I don't think Dake would pin Taylor in folkstyle, but the way he handled the tie ups, scrambles, and controlled the center he would beat Taylor. Taylor looked zombieish, not sure that is a word but you get the point. Thanks Mike Calhoun, for posting the link.

I just rewatched the video. I agree, Dake was far superior that day. I still say, don't bet against Taylor in a folkstyle match.

Either way, neither one would easily beat the other. I wonder what they both weighed that day. A year from now, after lifting, conditioning, and reaching the desired weight, no telling what the outcome could be. But Dake was definitely the best wrestler in their match this past weekend. I think it would be awesome if he could achieve 4 out of 4.

In the interview after the match, Dake said he would go whatever weight helped Cornell to a team title.

I'm a big David Taylor fan but, with a response like that, Dake moved up a couple notches.

Thanks Mike Calhoun I found it, Dake is just to much righ now IMO for Taylor in any style, who knows what next year would look like.

Dake is a great wrestler, but here's some insider info, Taylor wrestled injured!

Not much inside to that one, you could tell he was favoring an arm/shoulder during the match.

Also another factor that affected Taylor in that match was him getting physically beaten and controlled the whole match before by Andrew Howe. That definitely played a big role in his defeat and mindset. Dake although I believe he stays at 157 next year and wins it again, Dake is a gamer.