Sign in to follow this  
Bearcats Coach

Walton-Verona MS Bearcat Brawl Dec. 2012

Walton-Verona will be hosting its 3rd Annual Middle School Bearcat Brawl Wrestling Tournament on Saturday December 8th, 2012.

This will be a 16 team individual bracket (double elimination) tournament.

Once I get 16 teams I will then notified those teams that are in and send out a Flyer.

If interested in participating in this event, please contact John Roth at jaroth@insightbb.com.

Thanks!!!

The Brawl is shaping up to be a very tough and competitive tournament!

However I'm still looking to add two more very solid/competitive teams.

Here are the teams that have confirm they are in OR are at 75% they are in.

Walton-Verona

Campbell Co

North Oldham

Turkey Foot

Mater Dei Indiana

St. Paris Graham Ohio

Mason Ohio

Cin. Moeller Ohio

Oldham Co

Union Co

LaSalle Ohio

Two other teams from West Virginia & Virginia that have shown interest. Waiting to hear back from them.

Contact me by email if interested!

Thanks!!!!!

Here is the updated listed of teams that have confirmed coming to the MS Brawl.

WALTON-VERONA

CAMPBELL COUNTY

NORTH OLDHAM

NORTH HARDIN

OLDHAM COUNTY

TURKEY FOOT

TWENHOFEL

MATER DEI (INDIANA)

LASALLE (OHIO)

ST. PARIS GRAHAM (OHIO)

CLEVELAND MENTOR LAKE CATHOLIC (OHIO)

BRENNERHASSETT (WEST VIRGINIA)

NASHVILLE CATHOLIC (TENNESSEE)

UNION COUNTY (Still waiting to hear back from them)

JEFFERSONVILLE (INDIANA, waiting to hear from them)

Sounds like an awesome tournament , nice lineup just think if all their HS counterparts were there that would be a stud HS tourny .

With the teams listed above, this is going to be an awesome event! I'd even be willing to go out on a limb and say that this tourney could be even more difficult then our KY state tourney. Great Job Walton for putting together what looks to be one the most difficult tournies of the year! I can't wait!

Wow!! Quite a list.

1 MATER DEI (INDIANA)

2 ST. PARIS GRAHAM (OHIO)

3 LAKE CATHOLIC (OHIO)

4 CAMPBELL COUNTY

5 NASHVILLE CATHOLIC (TENNESSEE)

6 WALTON-VERONA

7 JEFFERSONVILLE

8 UNION COUNTY

9 BRENNERHASSETT (WEST VIRGINIA)

10 LASALLE (OHIO)

11 NORTH OLDHAM

12 TURKEY FOOT

13 TWENHOFEL

14 NORTH HARDIN

15 OLDHAM COUNTY

There's my stab at it.

I want to see this tournament and yes it looks as if it could and would be more difficult than state .Is graham that tough I know in the past people have gave them a bit more credit in JR HIgh than they deserve because of the HS team ,not that im doubting them they probably will win it just saying Team Jordan and Graham are different entities.

PinAndWin - Thanks for taking a stab at it.

I'm curious to see if SPG comes in and performs as billed or if Lake Cath, Nash Cath or Mater Dei can pull it out the top spot and give them a run for their money. I wouldn't be surprised if Jeffersonville, In pulls out the top spot though. They are very tough. Blennerhasset was the 2012 WV State Champs and then you have CC as State Champs also. I'm curious to see how the KY teams, as a whole, performs against these teams and is able to bring home some hardware. It is a great thing to put up KY's best against some of surrounding states best. You have to beat the best to be the best....right?

Mpire - I think SPG Middle did just fine winning 4 tourney's that I saw last year with 3 State Champs and 8 placers last season. Not bad.

Up through about 121 Graham will be full of HAMMERS! They could win every single weight class up to that point. Look up these kids: Jordan Crace, Jaden Maddux, Mitch Moore, JD Stickley, Tanner Smith, Rocky Jordan, Ryan Thomas. The lightweights at this event will be rediculous.

Up through about 121 Graham will be full of HAMMERS! They could win every single weight class up to that point. Look up these kids: Jordan Crace, Jaden Maddux, Mitch Moore, JD Stickley, Tanner Smith, Rocky Jordan, Ryan Thomas. The lightweights at this event will be rediculous.

So, in order to beat SPG, a team has to be able to win the remaining 8 weight classes or find some way to knock off one or two of these seven studs. Ahhh, it's going to be a barn burner of a day. Personally, I don't see anyone handing the top spots over to these boys before the tourney begins, however, everyone is going to have their hands full with the talent that steps on the mat on 12/8.

Ranger -- what are your pic's for this tourney?

Spencer ? for every weight class. Spencer Moore, Carpenter; I'll find a few others. Actually, I'll hold off on this prediction for a little while to see where the KY boys end up and learn a little more about these out of state teams.

Most of the SPG kids who were mentioned i have seen or heard of over the years ,i did not know they were all at SPG ,it looks as if they are the favorites .

Ranger, I think little spencer moore could win a few. I have seen him flip tires. He has no fear. He just needs a little more Mass. Keep feeding him.

After looking at the school list for this tournament i had to ask if there was a tournament in the state in HS that could match that list .

Walton Verona has something special going on there .

Looking to add 2-3 more teams to the BEARCAT BRAWL WRESTLING INVITATIONAL.

Going to be a solid tournament with good competition.

Top 4 wrestlers receive medals, Top 3 teams receive trophies, 2 MOW awards (1 for lower weights & 1 for upper weights)

If interested, please contact me.

jaroth@insightbb.com

Thanks

Coach Roth

Have 1 spot available for the MS Brawl.

If interested, let me know.

Here is the final list of teams coming.

WALTON

CAMPBELL

OLDHAM CO

NORTH HARDIN

NORTH OLDHAM

TWENHOFEL

TURKEY FOOT

MATER DEI IN.

GRAHAM OH.

MASON OH.

NEW RICHMOND OH.

LEBANON OH.

LASALLE OH.

NASHVILLE CATHOLIC TN.

BLENNERHASSETT WV.

Thanks

Coach Roth

jaroth@insightbb.com

The MS Bearcat Brawl is full (17 Teams total).

This place is going to be packed and crazy. But it should be a great experience for alot of kids. It will be exciting!!! Looking forward to it.

2012 MS Brawl participating teams (Dec. 8, 2012):

Walton-Verona KY

Campbell Co. KY

North Oldham KY

Oldham Co. KY

North Hardin KY

Twenhofel KY

Turkey Foot KY

Conner KY

Mater Dei IN

Blennerhassett WV

Nashville Catholic TN

Grundy VA

St. Paris Graham OH

Mason OH

New Richmond OH

LaSalle OH

Lebanon OH

• Upvote 1

Is Blennerhassett WV the same team that was at Campbell County's tournament four years ago?

I remember Pat Lee putting together that tournament and the WV team having like an entire line up of TOC champions, State Champions, Cliff Kean Champs, ect..

I also hope Mater Dei brings it's A- team and we see the Lee brothers wrestle.

Also with LaSelle and Graham we should see Corie Shie and Little Jordan as well up there.

With this and the Rumble on the same day, it kind of breaks my heart lol

I could see Joe Lee making the trip. Would be very surprised to see Nick Lee there.

Be surprised to see either one ,Joe or Nick .

Maybe wrong but think only time they wrestle with them is state .

So, the line ups are in and the brackets will be built after some changes that have come in late. It's going to be a packed house and a barn burner of a day with an average of almost 20 kids per weight class.