Sign in to follow this  
crazyotto

IRONMAN

All,

I was just notified that Ironman is filling up quicker than usual. As of now there are limited openings. If you are considering this tournament it is imperative that you get after it soon. Get with your coach (Ironman officials require coach's consent) and get your credentials together for Ironman officials to look at, no video. Fair warning, no excuses. Get after it!

We have already been after it, and Preusse is using a non enforceable KHSAA rule to keep us out!

What rule? And if it is a KHSAA rule what makes you think it is non enforceable?

What rule? And if it is a KHSAA rule what makes you think it is non enforceable?

The rule regarding missing school for extra curricular activities.

And I called the KHSAA to ask what the penalty was and was told that they can't enforce it, it is enforceable at the district level. So if your school says you can wrestle you can wrestle.

Let's all be honest about this. The Trinity and Union wrestlers that were accepted a few years back but did not make the trip have made it nearly impossible for KY kids to get back in. You have to have more than a state tournament resume. I hear rumors that Kevin Cooper has been accepted, but that is more likely because of his Fargo and Flo AA results than his two KY state titles. Any Ky boys wanting in had better get to some national tournaments and place.

• Upvote 1

Well, they don't let just anybody in. Also, if you decline an invite then you can kiss that opportunity goodbye forever. Priority is given to teams. Many via invite. I don't know that any team is attractive to the powers that be, but there are a handful of wrestlers that could compete. The bar is set real high for individual wrestlers. I see Cooper and Stephen Myers as possibilities.

Stephen has placed high there already and Austin will win it before he graduates . It's a great tournament but Powerade is a great alternative if they deny someone simply less west coast more east,

In an email from Bob Preusse he also said Kevin's coach petitioned and that he just couldn't mess with Kentucky.

This past weekend Jayce beat an Ironman placer. Brock beat several top national kids and won MOW. Kevin beat several top kids and has the resume as well not to mention the Meyer boys or any of the rest that could be considered. If you think you have what it takes come on up, I'll let you in and you can find out. Words of Mr. Preusse himself.

Not to mention he promised us freshman year that he would let us in junior or senior year.

Preusse is afraid we'll come up there and whip some of that Ohio A$$.

I'm not sure why he wouldn't let a handful of the better kids enter I have seen WV kids in it that had no chance at all of placing and they even had top 8 seeding .Brock is very tough and Oh favors it's lightweights always has because they are deep in the talent there it could be the case. Cooper and Stephen would be hard pressed but both have done well in the past in big tournys and could place there same for Jayce , Hard to say with Austin he has a nice resume to enter and says he could do well there and I believe he could . I also believe he can win it one day and despite what anyone in OH says they have seen him beat their kida easily the last couple of years and it would be the same his jr and sr years they would probably let him in first thinking he's an underclass men if he loses now we can keep him out later when he will have the advantage but who knows ,

It's all I'm my conspiracy theory delusional mind .

I would like to see Brock so well there in my opinion he has a great chance but I know the lighter weights are so deep a kid could win one day and not place the next.

Stephen has placed high there already and Austin will win it before he graduates . It's a great tournament but Powerade is a great alternative if they deny someone simply less west coast more east,

True, Powerade is a good tournament. Ranks up there with the better ones. IMO, it is tougher than Beast of the East and much better organized.

Send the better kids to both PA is insanely tough with just it's own kids probably deeper than OH they have sec dist reg then state it's a tougher process than OHIOs state tourny .

Enough talk about Iron Man Fargo is coming up and it makes Powerade and Iron Man look like grade school novice tournaments . And no state or person controls who gets in "sort of " place at regionals or go for your state that's as fair as you can get . Iron man is tough and a great tournament but to place at Fargo means a lot more and if you do you know you would or could at Iron man . There are iron man champs that fall at Fargo every year .

^ Thats true Mpire, I remember watching some of the stuff last year and there was a kid I believe from California who won Greco and then didn't even place in Freestyle.