rideemout

Potential match ups

Okay why the hell would Paul H be posting on ky wrestling during school I mean seriously this is exactly the type of horseplaying mentality that keeps kida from reaching Thai potential I see Stephen Cooper and Hamilton in so many rooms and practices and it looks more like romper room than wrestling room it's giggle table top kick start the head ear flicking a shot or sprawl here or there but nothing resembling a real practice whatsoever , I mean between a certain Sk dad yelling at his 3 yr old to shoot and hit a move most HS sr couldn't hit and the horseplay of the three middleweight stooges it's a wonder any kid in NKY can wrestle at all.

At least Austin and a few others show up with game face on Faust obviously has learned how to tune Paul and Stephen out I hope the rest of CC do as well .

Imagine Fussy calling someone BOBO LoL school must be fun in the modern age I couldn't imagine surfing the net when I was at CC during school . But I guess at CC wrestlers get special treatment . I wonder what coach B thinks of his wrestlers love of the sport duiring school yet at open Matt's at least away from CC its total anarchy no wonder those coaches from SK get on Hamilton for goofing off Nice reply by Hamilton though "you like our rings" ,that's classic , good stuff and yep BO BO is going to smash clowns like Stephen and Hamilton giving good hardworking focused kids like Austin clown nicknames , it's irony at its best

Okay why the hell would Paul H be posting on ky wrestling during school I mean seriously this is exactly the type of horseplaying mentality that keeps kida from reaching Thai potential I see Stephen Cooper and Hamilton in so many rooms and practices and it looks more like romper room than wrestling room it's giggle table top kick start the head ear flicking a shot or sprawl here or there but nothing resembling a real practice whatsoever , I mean between a certain Sk dad yelling at his 3 yr old to shoot and hit a move most HS sr couldn't hit and the horseplay of the three middleweight stooges it's a wonder any kid in NKY can wrestle at all.

At least Austin and a few others show up with game face on Faust obviously has learned how to tune Paul and Stephen out I hope the rest of CC do as well .

Imagine Fussy calling someone BOBO LoL school must be fun in the modern age I couldn't imagine surfing the net when I was at CC during school . But I guess at CC wrestlers get special treatment . I wonder what coach B thinks of his wrestlers love of the sport duiring school yet at open Matt's at least away from CC its total anarchy no wonder those coaches from SK get on Hamilton for goofing off Nice reply by Hamilton though "you like our rings" ,that's classic , good stuff and yep BO BO is going to smash clowns like Stephen and Hamilton giving good hardworking focused kids like Austin clown nicknames , it's irony at its best

Did they even have the internet back then? LOL, just messing with ya.

I was in my computer class and had all my assignments done so I did. And I can't really imagine anyone putting in more time and effort than I have to wrestling. I like to have fun while wrestling and during my OFF season I think its okay to not have to go through a structured practice the whole time. Every kid needs a break

I agree with you PH.

It is a shame that high school sports has come to this. A kid can no longer be a kid and he must make a decision in middle school what sport he will play.

In the world today every kid (there are exceptions to every rule) must be a one sport wonder to compete. I blame the coaches for this. Football coaches have been the most notorious for this for the longest time.

Even in the stone age when I was in high school football coaches believed that a kid should be doing something for football all year round. Now it has bleed over to almost all sports.

It is the one thing that Coach B. has always maintained throughout his coaching career. Is that all kids need a break and summer wrestling is not to be taken seriously or done all year round.

I applaude this in a coach. High school sports are just what they are sports on the high school level to be played and enjoyed while playing.

Others may say that he has lost his integrity but I don't believe he has lost this belief in his advanced age (OK that was a joke, noting more nothing less).

Keep having fun PH no matter what others think. You only have 1 more year to be a kid then you will be an adult for the rest of your life with many more responsibilities that you wish you didn't have.

GOO out.

• Upvote 1

Wow I hope you do understand I was kidding a little in my post no need to go on a witch hunt and I hope you were no lecturing me or insinuating anything I know how good rooms are ran inn and off season my sons wrestled in the best one I have ever seen and it was structured just as the fun time was and kids still had some fun , but on a serious note , not as much goofing off as I have seen at Sk open matts by cc wrestlers and that is for real .now if I was being nasty I would tell a certain state champ had he conditioned and drilled some escapes as I told his mother he should be doing the last few weeks he would have won his OT match. That's a gd fact not sure how someone got pinned but hey practice makes perfect I actually didn't think one person would take my post seriously it was obvious I was trying to have fun and lighten up the mood but hey if you want to be serious shove all that play baby crap up someone else's keestet and I don't give two turds who likes or agrees with it I know what the best kida in the country are doing and they sure atelier hell are not wasting half a practice goofing off and hey they actually drill why the heck doesn't all the ky kida drill it's mind boggling ,as for who does what and who thinks what I don't really need lectured or care about that either I see the kida who are not wasting their parents time as well as the coaches who have the open Matt's are the ones who won the tight ones if it's going to be play Time maybe kida need to only go to places

S an wrestle kida who are there for a reason , to get better a little fun Is ok but losing because you only care about fun is ignorant not so fun getting pinned and whooped in OT , now go cry about some dad being to hard to some pansy ass that will listen I guess if getting your ass kicked is the norm it's no big deal but if you want to wrestle in college and not get stomped by kida you should beat don't be a dumbass and as for goo and his after HS comment well college I after HS now a kid gets to remember losing in OT to a kid he should have beat an someone else gets to remember he got his butt pinned ,but hey if kick starting someone's head at SK is more important than not getting beat in front of the nation hey to each his own , nice job cry babying great leadership qualities I am seeing deo

The upcoming srs but hey at least they get to cheer for the under lassie. Who are actually setting the right example . Now whine hate debate do whatever you like with what I said but if your smart you will understand I want a bunch of state champs on the team and another ring for everyone , and on a side note I will not tolerate all that crap for long from my own kids they can stay home and play x box if they want to waste time .visit Fargo and you will learn real fast who giggles and play duiring practice and who doesn't the giggles are setting in the stands on day 2 .

As for focusing on wrestling all yr if you were finger pointing , my kids both play football that should b fun time for Real wrestler but when the horseplay becomes the norm a losing an being second beat becomes ok even football will become harder than wrestling ,

BoBo smash .Cause BOBO trains more , Fussy and Giigles loose because they train less than BOBO , obvious BOBO has less ability but more brains / desire than giggles and FuzZy so when giggles and FuZzy graduate they can watch BOBO smash for quite a while .

On the other hand giggles and FuZzy could get their act together and do some serious smashing ,

Paul and GOO, Im in your corner on this.

They best wrestlers that I ever coached, knew when to be serious and knew how to have fun. and yes you can have fun in the wrestling room ( I believe if they would have gone to fargo they would have gotten AA status especially a certain 145 of mine that was 4-0 vs a kid who placed 3rd in senior nationals) My belief in coaching is that if you hold a handful of sand, the harder and longer you squeez more sand will fall out of your hand. I have been to several national tournaments as a wrestler and coach and have talked to coaches, they all believe you need fun in wrestling too. Thats what makes a successful coach like Bankamper. they understand the mix of being a athlete and a kid.

And on the college level I know they have fun on the practice field, I had some fun before with Coach Schnellenberger during practice

GOO always enjoy your replies

GOO , you can call bankemper old, he was coaching when we were wrestling in HS and I have 20 years of coaching in me

Obviously people take a post however they choose fun is a part of wrestling and if it wasn't fun no kid would want to do it just notice in HS when kid get to a point where they think they are good enough and do not need it they slack and I know the kids in ? Could and should do better why people keep bringing up coaches I have no clue I have also seen what it takes to be a double All American and a two Time All American and goofing off half a practice before national tournaments is not a part of the winning combination ,drilling training and focus are ,when play becomes more important than practice no one will win

As for the sand theory there are two ways to look at it sand is sand squeeze it together and make a castle .

Superman takes a lump of coal and squeezes it into a diamond .

No body said don't have fun but in case no one has noticed three is a movement in the state to improve you do not see kids at Graham Eds and I'm betting Blair and elsewhere acting foolish and wasting whole practices because they never hit a decent training tempo and you do not see any schools in Ky that can compete with them . But hey have fun it doesn't matter if a team wins state ten yrs in a row and a coach has been there since the big bang if you want to be good you train hard and focus and shoot for the best if you want to settle for being best where you are just rely on doing a little more than the next guy .

Personally i think this thread has taken a wrong turn for wrestling when people can't agree that you have fun but the main focus In a practice is to train then your in trouble go up to graham and learn what goes on in the off season and open Matt's it's a lighter mood but the coaches there would end practice and send everyone home if kida acted like I have seen in ky open Matt's . Funny thing is its the upperclassmen goofing off the youth and underclass men hit it hard they want it , it's bad examples they are setting .

I never saw David Taylor kick start anyone head or run around talking half the practice start his gos later than everyone else or be last when the coach blows his whistle to begin a match .

That's why there are no David Taylor's in Ky no Graham's no Blairs and not to many AAs HS or college , you have a chance to step up why waste it on backwards thinking witchunters who would rather say someone is being to hard than admitt what is obvious , hard work wins keep it fun and everyone knows when someone is slacking to much ,even the coaches mentioned have pointed it out ,

Time on the Matt doesn't mean to much when your talking and acting childish you could spend half the time in a room and be focused and accomplish more , and it shows come tournament time ,

Let's face it some of the kids in ? Spend more time on Xbox and message boards than they do training nice talking about too kida matches and rings nicer working to earn them .

Mpire, I can appreciate your intensity and passion.

couple of opinions here though

great coaches in all sports will all agree, no athlete can keep focus 24/7 365. even fun can be had in the practice room now when it gets closer to Fargo or the next big tourney then the guys can regain it, some times with the rigors of wrestling the mind needs to heel too as well as the body.

as for not having any grahams or blairs here, our best or majority of our best athletes in this state dont wrestle (its a sad commentary but true) so wrestling isnt a priority in this state by the general sports world. even my old grizzled great uncle who was one of this states winningest football coaches didnt help the wrestling community. so there inlies the problem we dont have a tradition here. the big 2 sports we do have the equivelent to graham and blair in Trinity football and our basketball state in general. (we just dont have a prep academy like oak hill in bb because all of our teams participate for a state championship) and last but not least population creates competition, when you have more people participating you ave raised competition naturally. by the way we also have nationally ranked teams in other sports especially in soccer and i know those players have a little fun on the practice time.

I looked again at my post. I didn't say anythng about college wrestling. And those that know me know I don't really care about college wrestling. My love is HIGH SCHOOL wrestling. I don't believe that I have sat through one complete college match.

Much like basketball, I prefer NCAA basketball to the NBA. There are many reasons for this.

I guess the one thing that you (Mpire) and I disagree upon is what is successfull. To me being successful is up to the individual. Not everyone thinks they have to be the best to be successful. If that was true there would be a lot less upper classmen wrestling. If the only goal was to be the greatest most seniors would quit when they realize that goal could not be reached.

I was not taking a crack at anyone with the year round comment. I know many people who enjoy playing a certain sport year round, but when it becomes a job then its no longer fun.

I truely have no problem pushing kids to be better. However I believe you push them to be as good as they want to be. For some their goal is just to be a state champion and not compete in college or in a national tourney. For some it's just to qualify for the state tourney. I see nothing wrong with either. As long as when they graduate from high school they can look back and say i either accomplished everything I wanted to do, or did the best I could to achieve my goal.

I know many wrestlers that pushed themselves or were pushed by someone else (not pointing fingers) in high school and when they graduated never again wrestled or got involved with wrestling because the learned to hate the sport. I don't with that upon anyone.

With all this said. I hope thay you (Mpire) and your sons accomplish everything you set out to accomplish. I believe that both of them can accomplish whatever they set their sites on while on the wresting mat. They have the ability to be two of the best ever, anywhere. I also hope that that wrestler who just wants to be 500 accomplishes his gaol, and is proud of his accomplishment.

• Upvote 1

I understand all that how far someone wants to take it is up to them . On the other hand don't pretend to do more than the next guy when you do not don't brag about a ring and not do the work to earn it and don't hav multiple user names on boards and attempt to draw opposition away from you and on to the next guy because you don't want to work for that title .

If anyone wants to know what I am talking about pm me some kids are dirty little buggers playing people against each other ,what do you think Paul and yourself ridemout , :) get the picture old Mpire has been around a long time fellas I read people like a book I know a kids mind with a glance and I know when someone is fake or real .

Think about it wrestling fans

I imagine you would be I saw some tough practices at CC but I know coach b said he was toning it down a bit at the end for most kids . What about you ridemout what do you think.

yea. he is going to union next year. Hamilton and polly wrestled over the weekend and Polly pinned Hamilton, but Hamilton was pretty much in control the whole match, and got called on some rather questionable calls

Polly is not at Union ?????

• Upvote 1

I do believe that is the match most will want to see if it happens. sell tickets get both the schools some extra fund raising money. All for a good match. You would need to make sure its the last match of the night. You know the headline match is always at the end.