Sign in to follow this  
leroy34

State dual results.

never been a fan of big school/ small school split, I wonder how is the split going to be done , single A - 3 AAA football schools, then 4 A to 6 A schools

I think it will water down what is a true state duals champion, Must be a Jim Matney idea

I think it will water down what is a true state duals champion, Must be a Jim Matney idea

I always thought Coach Matney wore that small school thing like a badge of honor. The complaints were loudest from Wayne County and LaRue.

All schools are required to stay with thier divisions for the first year. There is a option we talked about for the second year. Remember this is a trial that may or may not work out. We will have to wait and see what happens and how we can make it better. The whole goal is to help promote the sport in our state. The option will be helpful to some and hurt others. We can't make everybody happy.

I'm not sure I'm following how qualification will work when each Region would be a mixed bag of both divisions? None of them having the same amount of small or large division schools in them.

so if regional alignment stays like it is, and they do big school, small school, are they taking 2 large schools out of each region or 1 large and one small, that would be interesting

region 4 would be fun if they only took one and one

imagine this

only the winner of say STX vs Trinity would go

and then Central would go, only small school in region 4

region 3 would be large school would be the winner between Southern, Meade , Fairdale , Western

small school would be thw winner of Desales and Holy Cross

region 5 there is no small schools , North Oldham would be the closest school that could qualify

Kudos to the coaches association for trying to promote the sport but I think they need to shelf this idea until regional re alginment happens If I had more details I could give more details on the uneven state duals that could happen

1 school per region.

Imagine this years state duals without Simon Kenton and St. Xavier. Both 2 from thier region and placing 5th and 6th respectively.

Simon gave Union all they could handle, and St. X gave larue all they could handle.

Does anybody know anything about the pool scores?

I think we all knew who was going to be in the finals, but I would like to know how the pools went, does anybody have anything?

I always thought Coach Matney wore that small school thing like a badge of honor. The complaints were loudest from Wayne County and LaRue.

LaRue has NEVER wanted a split. IDK where you heard they have complained, but considering they have finished top 5 all but 1 year (and that year they nearly beat the eventual duals champ in the pool starting 4 8th graders) i'm not sure why they would WANT a split.