Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Pre-season Rankings 2011/2012 - August 22

Welcome to old age Ranger.

I remember when no one could touch Hop-town except maybe Christian Co. Now neither make much of an impact.

Fern Creek was probably next on that list and now they are almost non existent.

You know...I'm sure everyone on here wants your kids to do well and I even placed a comment welcoming your boys to the great state of ky. Welcome boys!! But, do you really have to wear out your welcome before the season even starts? Come on Dad! In KY or any place else, nobody give two craps about what you say and I'm sure you will be the first person they want to have a conversation with when you get in the gym. Don't think so. Do us all a favor and have fun with these forums and comments, but realize no one cares what you think or how big you can make your kids out to be. Let the season begin so we can hear some more garbage!

I agree about Sheldon Clark. It was not to long ago I always seen a few of their guys in the finals with a couple usually winning it all. They were always around the top 5 team wise.

Well thank you for the welcome,haha and I am from the Great State of Ky and have always been its defender ,glad my boys are here hope it works out ,and yes i like bragging particullarly about austin he has always been overlooked but I don't have to make my boys seem bigger than they are as you will learn .And I actually enjoy bragging on a lot of kids I just avoid bringing many into the bs that follows us ,soon I will say very little and let A LoT of kids speak for me and I could care less if you speak to me in any gym I doubt our exchange of knowledge would be a fair trade the fact of which will be proven by the outcome of the matches between the kids we have worked with if in fact you ever have .

And yes I like bragging on myself as well lol all bs aside I would be happy to talk to anyone I love the sport the kids and the exchange of knowledge and I would like to help every kid in the state if I could.

First of all, Grant County is fortunate to have to excellent wrestlers join their team. Furthermore, it is easy for me to explicate the facts of success. The head coach at Grant was a stud and can still grapple with the best. He was a Division I competitor entering the NCAA Division I tourney before tearing his miniscus. Raider, your team also started at the bottom at some point. The sound of envy appeared in your comment regarding the brothers joining a better team. Ryle may be better for now, but it doesn't bless you with tact. Shearer will have the Myers' brothers ready and other team members. Bank on it! Do not apologize for your half witted comment! Just try to think before you speak.

Wow .so I guess I wasn't the only one who saw the obvious blast on Grant cty in that post and yes Matt has great desire an has been there himself and he will not be alone in helping kids get his assistant coach is perfect for the lighter guys and there are some studs who will improve over the next few years, some very soon.

There will be more than 2 kids making it to state from Grant this yr I would guess 6 give or take 2 either way.and more the next yr.the snowball effect

Enough. Is enough hopefully the bs got some people looking and interested and fired up for the season now let's hear about some kids and rankings any kid who can place in a state with only 1 div is a stud has always been my thought about ky.maybe not as many top calibre kids but there is only 1 div not 3 so heck its harder to place.jmo

Enough. Is enough hopefully the bs got some people looking and interested and fired up for the season now let's hear about some kids and rankings any kid who can place in a state with only 1 div is a stud has always been my thought about ky.maybe not as many top calibre kids but there is only 1 div not 3 so heck its harder to place.jmo

One more thing about the rankings, there are a couple of wrestlers ranked that lost to a first year wrestler at Grant County. So much for rankings!

First of all, Grant County is fortunate to have to excellent wrestlers join their team. Furthermore, it is easy for me to explicate the facts of success. The head coach at Grant was a stud and can still grapple with the best. He was a Division I competitor entering the NCAA Division I tourney before tearing his miniscus. Raider, your team also started at the bottom at some point. The sound of envy appeared in your comment regarding the brothers joining a better team. Ryle may be better for now, but it doesn't bless you with tact. Shearer will have the Myers' brothers ready and other team members. Bank on it! Do not apologize for your half witted comment! Just try to think before you speak.

Don't worry, I had no intention of appologizing. If your offended because I didn't see the benefit in nationally ranked wrestlers going to a second year program, then you're the one that is a half wit.

OK by no means do I say thin in any dis-respect. Matt and I wrestled and graduated together along with him trying to convince me to go with him to college to wrestle. So I am more than knowlegable about coach Shearer.

However: Grant Co. is participating in region 6 which is traditionally the best region in the state. Getting 6 kids to state from that region is a great accomplishment.

There are 14 teams in the region with 56 spots available to the state tourney. Campbell, Ryle and Simon will each average 10 wrestlers which leaves 26 spots. Walton will take probably 6 Dixie will for sure take 2 and Grant taking for sure 2, Scott for sure 1. That leaves 15 spots for 8-10 teams to fight over spots. I would say at most (once again no disrespect) Grant will take 4 wrstlers more likely 3.

If they were in any other region I would think 6 is a possibility.

Well as i said ,6 give or take 2 and i do not know everyone but i did see Steph take a so so kid at Reading last year drill and work with him all year and he placed at state and Austin will do the same for the heavies this year at Grant as he did for all the kids he has worked with over the years, they are good partners and excuse my bragging KNOW more and have been trained by better coaches than anyone in the State maybe both states and their knowledge will be put to good use with the new team and along with a fired up former state champ as a coach who can go with Austin and make him improve i think getting out at least 4 isnt so much a stretch im impressed with their lightweights a couple in the mid range who are scrappy but unskilled and a heavy who will surprise everyone because he has the skill and now has a great partner ,cant say so much about this year but i expect big improvenments and if i have anything to say about the following there will be more than six ,you better ask all the studs from Prodigy who went on to be cincy HS wrestling studs just who pushed them in JR high again no bragging but Grant now has the two best Jr high and possibly the best HS wrestlers to ever wrestle in cincy and they have the records titles and credentials to back it up ,1 and 2

Don't worry, I had no intention of appologizing. If your offended because I didn't see the benefit in nationally ranked wrestlers going to a second year program, then you're the one that is a half wit.

Your comment was attacked as half-witted, but you attack the person with names. Your words may have been intended to say something other than what you wrote. Therefore, you need to have someone proofread and edit your responses. Sometimes people are not very clear when writing, it is a difficult task to accomplish exact meaning. It was obvious what you claim to have said, but the post was not exactly friendly or encouraging for a hard working new program. I did not mean to hit a nerve: resulting in name calling. Although, there is a flipside to the scenario: the fact that Grant Co. will aquisition to the next level much quicker than usual. We will now improve like many other newer programs. Ryle, W.V., and Cooper. Unlike the more more traditional programs that accomplished success from scratch: Campbell, Conner, S.K., and Dixie. Grant can be added to the "NEWER" programs that have gained the success from transfers. Therefore, do not hold your program up so high as if they accomplished so much and are so great. When you grasp that team "state title" you will gain more respect and be closer to gaining the notoriety like the traditional programs.

"Good Luck" Raider.

Raider they were both nationally ranked for the last few yrs going into moeller ,leaving and then going into reading that was a small d3 school with no real advantage for them; so so coaches and good but no where near their calibre wrestlers; and are ranked now that they left ,Just why do keep saying why would they come to Grant ,Why not ,Why would they go to Ryle they have chewed up and spit out every one on what You may think is a Tough Schedule that Ryle has but i consider very weak compared to what they have wrestled as does everyone in OH ,Is Ryle in the Iron MAN,Powerade ,=NO do you guys even do that well at SWOWCA even though you get an easy go at it with all the padded schedules and records you have coming from KY =NO your #1 seed 2 yrs ago got beat 14 to 1 and should have been pinned or teched by an unseeded wrestler ,Stephen would obliterate every one on your schedule as would Austin and they would do the same to every kid in your room ,They have wrestled way better kids and schedules than you could offer them so quit downing everyone else ,

Maybe it will be funner for them to be a part of a new teams history and help build a great program and maybe thats your real reason for posting your cloaked knock on Grant cty ,keep it coming though its fun and adds fuel to a little fire , and remember your post in a couple years from now ,

Your team would have had trouble beating little Reading last yr under your own states rules ,and by that i mean with JR high kids being allowed to wrestle in HS ,and Reading beat CC handily last yr .

I normally don't post on topics or discussions like this, but felt the need to. I am from Ohio and know of the Meyers boys well. Very talented wrestlers that everyone should see eventually. The expansion of wrestling in Kentucky since I came across the river a few years ago is a great thing. New programs such as Cooper, Bishop Brossart, Grant Co and Walton Verona are a positive for everyone. The rise of Programs like Walton Verona in a short period of time is a good thing for all the teams in Region 6. That higher level of competition benefits everyone. I think that is all that was being asked about. We have all seen the credentials that the Meyers boys have and I am sure that they would like the best competition that they can get. Coach Shearer is a good guy and I personally wish Grant County all the best.

The schedule at Ryle does not include the Ironman, nor does it have the Beast of the East. What it does include is a very competitive schedule that challenges the vast majority of the team. It is not made for the select few that could legitimately compete at those events. When those select few come along, then the schedule can be adjusted......case and point Mason Reid place at the Beast of the East his Senior season. The one big addition to the Ryle schedule this season is the Grizzly Invitational at Wadsworth (OH). That is no walk in the park and neither is a wrestler the caliber of Kagan Squire at 132/138.

I for one think that the potential rise of Grant County is a good thing and look forward to seeing increased competition. Try to stay focused on the positive and not get into tearing each other or teams down before the season even begins.

BTW Ranger.....keep up the good work

Excellent post KickEmOut! Wrestling is a great sport which breeds competitive and outstanding young athletes. I rarely post, and I may never post again. Your comment to maintain "focus" is pertinent. Thank you for a redirect.

Squire is one of my favorites but he lost to ward at state who had about 9 losses on the yr and even lost at swowca after bumping for some odd reason hahahahh and squire has never won state in oh .

And. Stephen made the all Oh team last year at 125 over both squire and ward and was certified to go 119,either way good luck you guys do have a nice and impressive schedule not sure what wadsworth has left after losing tavanello and grey who stephen beat at state his fresh yr and who else they lost or have .it should be good for your team but you do not have anyone that can come close to hanging with squire so why mention him???

I went overboard as usual just don't see the point in?where and why a kid is somewhere that will no change or knocking a new team or my friends there are lots of top kids that can knock off others on any given day its the totall of all their yrs and how they handle losses and wins and tough matches that tell how good they really are Squire is a perfect example he beats a kid twice duiring the yr and looses to him at state so who is reallu better ...my heart says the guy with 2 wins but all people care about is that state title in oh the best up north seperate to win all the state titles ,,everyone knows it,kind of weak but it works

I may be a jerk at times but I know the kids the sport and the tactics and schemes and I call em out when I see em .

My tactics are open and easy to follow its the veiled ones that are so dirty and weak .

Good luck to ryle and yes we and I wanted to go there or cc but I also am glad Matt is at Grant and I love the whole underdog thing so no need to? Something that will not or cannot change all it does is sir up trouble or make a rivalry and grant is not on ryles level "well not yet" so if grant gets 2 kids in Iron Man and Powerade I guess they have tougher schedule than ryles

Your comment was attacked as half-witted, but you attack the person with names. Your words may have been intended to say something other than what you wrote. Therefore, you need to have someone proofread and edit your responses. Sometimes people are not very clear when writing, it is a difficult task to accomplish exact meaning. It was obvious what you claim to have said, but the post was not exactly friendly or encouraging for a hard working new program. I did not mean to hit a nerve: resulting in name calling. Although, there is a flipside to the scenario: the fact that Grant Co. will aquisition to the next level much quicker than usual. We will now improve like many other newer programs. Ryle, W.V., and Cooper. Unlike the more more traditional programs that accomplished success from scratch: Campbell, Conner, S.K., and Dixie. Grant can be added to the "NEWER" programs that have gained the success from transfers. Therefore, do not hold your program up so high as if they accomplished so much and are so great. When you grasp that team "state title" you will gain more respect and be closer to gaining the notoriety like the traditional programs.

"Good Luck" Raider.

You are criticizing Raider for his typing skills on this site? Obviously you are not looking for any other errors. Maybe you should look more carefully because there is another case of bad typing on this site (not to name any names). Raider is an expert typing compared to some people on this site (he who I will not name).

Raider they were both nationally ranked for the last few yrs going into moeller ,leaving and then going into reading that was a small d3 school with no real advantage for them; so so coaches and good but no where near their calibre wrestlers; and are ranked now that they left ,Just why do keep saying why would they come to Grant ,Why not ,Why would they go to Ryle they have chewed up and spit out every one on what You may think is a Tough Schedule that Ryle has but i consider very weak compared to what they have wrestled as does everyone in OH ,Is Ryle in the Iron MAN,Powerade ,=NO do you guys even do that well at SWOWCA even though you get an easy go at it with all the padded schedules and records you have coming from KY =NO your #1 seed 2 yrs ago got beat 14 to 1 and should have been pinned or teched by an unseeded wrestler ,Stephen would obliterate every one on your schedule as would Austin and they would do the same to every kid in your room ,They have wrestled way better kids and schedules than you could offer them so quit downing everyone else ,

Maybe it will be funner for them to be a part of a new teams history and help build a great program and maybe thats your real reason for posting your cloaked knock on Grant cty ,keep it coming though its fun and adds fuel to a little fire , and remember your post in a couple years from now ,

Your team would have had trouble beating little Reading last yr under your own states rules ,and by that i mean with JR high kids being allowed to wrestle in HS ,and Reading beat CC handily last yr .

Now I wouldn't say that us Kentucky boys are that bad. It would be very "funner" if we could wrestle in all those gooder tournaments that you kids from Ohio go to.

You are criticizing Raider for his typing skills on this site? Obviously you are not looking for any other errors. Maybe you should look more carefully because there is another case of bad typing on this site (not to name any names). Raider is an expert typing compared to some people on this site (he who I will not name).

LOL! I am done on here. Reread the post. It is not the typing. LOL!

Well I don't know how many teams in ky would have fun wrestling Moellers.Eds ,or Grahams. Schedule in Hs or prodigys or team jordans in youth or jr high but I didn't say anything about it did I ,I simply stated why Ryles schedule did nothing extra ordinary for two certain kids who have wrestled tougher for years from grade school up in defense of their choice and their team because of someones obvious knock on that choice .

Make of it what you want try to turn it around to compell the masses to dislike someone doesn't matter to me we will still kick everyones butt.

As for my love of the state NO one can match mine ,my whole life has been spent defending it and becoming one of its champions and soon my user name will be MR NKY 4x because I enjoy beating everyone from out of state or in and keeping it at home I made it a point that everyone knew I was from ky whenever myself or any of my family did anything in any sport in any state .don't be a fool and play that with me Too many people know where my heart is and always has been and if some dum@$$ wants to make it a point to have everyone go against my kids or myself because of where we lived for a while" whatever" its just another ignorant dirty tactic used by someone who already knows how it all ends.see you at state super duck hahah and by the way there is a kid or two that can hit your username and will on some ky kids real soon .

Man this is a riot. Mr nky (soon to be)X4. you have got to be sitting back and just peeing your pants laughing at all this. I havn't had this much fun reading these posts in years.

I sit patiantly waiting for the next post that is going to rile someone up and get them spouting inconsistancies. You are the Andrew Dice Clay of Kentucky Wrestling.com. and it is a riot.

However:::: I do have a small bone to pick here. Like yourself I love the bluegrass state and would never leave it if I could. I also don't like the insults we recieve from other states. Ohio in particular. We are a smaller state in population therefore we are expected to accieve less nationally. We have made huge strides in the last 20 years in wrestling.

You have made a few comments lately mostly at raider about how ky schools could not compete in ohio. although it may be true for most it is still a slap in the face. I like yourself always make sure people know I am from KY. When asked where I am from I say Northern Ky, Just across the river from Cincy.

So keep up the good work with keeping us entertained but maybe fall back on the ky bashing a little. Maybe you didn't intend for it to be a bash but it sure sounded like one.

Did Reading wrestle CC in the dual or only match up with them at the Reading tournament? I don't want to stir the pot, but you can't take the Reading tournament results at face value. I have been to that event and the team scores are more than a little fishy.

Guest cmccoy

All I can say is I am really biting my tongue here. As someone who wrestled in KY, coaches in KY, and has a vision for KY wrestling...I ask you all to get back to the point of this thread....the rankings. I believe we already deleted a thread because of this nonsense that went on.

Did Reading wrestle CC in the dual or only match up with them at the Reading tournament? I don't want to stir the pot, but you can't take the Reading tournament results at face value. I have been to that event and the team scores are more than a little fishy.

Yes, they beat our 1 senior, 3 junior team last year in the dual right before Christmas. Our senior state placer wrestled like poop (effects of a concussion) and our junior state champ was still out of the lineup. They still may have beat us, don't remember the score and don't care, but at full strength it would have been at least an 18 point swing.