Sign in to follow this  
Wildblueeyes

2012 State Tournament

Really only Gibbys and Sarafinis are. But I was talking about places to grab something and get back. Still theyare close.

Goo, that's cold. Funny, but cold.

There are not seven or eight places within two blocks of the Civic Center. There's maybe one restaurant downtown, and it's a very small place (IIRC).

Also, there is no hotel within walking distance -- especially considering the arena is on the backside of the Horse Park.

Not that it really matters anymore since the tourney has moved, but Josh... You are a reporter. You just posted completely inaccurate information and stated it as fact. Makes me wonder about the rest of your reporting.

There are indeed at least a dozen places to eat in walking distance from the Farnham Dudgeon arena. DBW is correct. We live here. We know.

never heard of any of those places. They don't sound like very nice sit down family places to eat.

Most prefere francise type resteraunts with a familiy oriented atmosphere.

Oh well we don't have to worry about that any more (YAAAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOO) :D

Every place DBW listed IS a nice, family place to eat. I could add another 4 places to that list, but it doesn't matter now. Just wanted to correct some misinformation.

Just b/c there isn't a mcdonalds, TGI Fridays, or Applebees within walking distance of the dungeon doesn't mean there isn't a good place to eat. Half of the charm of downtown frankfort is the fact that those places aren't abundant. I have been to probably half of the restaurants listed above and they all seemed pretty family friendly and thankful to have the tournament there that weekend.

BTW Buddys pizza is great! Some of the best pizza I've ever had.

Not that it really matters anymore since the tourney has moved, but Josh... You are a reporter. You just posted completely inaccurate information and stated it as fact. Makes me wonder about the rest of your reporting.

Um, it was an honest mistake. No need to question my reporting abilities because of that.

I heard we were holding them in Ohio this year

This is awesome ,no need to have them in OH,Oh is coming,at least 2 KY kids who went to the Oh state championships or did they move the Oh state to the Ky Horsepark,this is all so confusing is it the ky state championships moving to Lex or the Oh state or is it Ky state champs coming from Oh or vice versa ,

Either way its a stone throw away from my new fishing pond in Grant cty and Lexington is a beautiful place with a central location in the state its perfect,I don't see why anyone would complain and I'm sure it will be full of Braves ...I mean wrestling fans ...this is awesome ....Ryle can stop about halfway there and get a pre tourny dual in right next to 75 ..no need for them to go to Oh ..OH has came to them....and all those haters who blasted on the 2 ky kids who became Oh kids who lived in ky and won grade school state a couple years back can get even madder when they win HS state titles be it this yr or next ,

Sweeeeet ,a short Trip and we go there all the time already.

This is awesome ,no need to have them in OH,Oh is coming,at least 2 KY kids who went to the Oh state championships or did they move the Oh state to the Ky Horsepark,this is all so confusing is it the ky state championships moving to Lex or the Oh state or is it Ky state champs coming from Oh or vice versa ,

Either way its a stone throw away from my new fishing pond in Grant cty and Lexington is a beautiful place with a central location in the state its perfect,I don't see why anyone would complain and I'm sure it will be full of Braves ...I mean wrestling fans ...this is awesome ....Ryle can stop about halfway there and get a pre tourny dual in right next to 75 ..no need for them to go to Oh ..OH has came to them....and all those haters who blasted on the 2 ky kids who became Oh kids who lived in ky and won grade school state a couple years back can get even madder when they win HS state titles be it this yr or next ,

Sweeeeet ,a short Trip and we go there all the time already.

Holy crap!!! Please not this thread now as well.

Because, and this is pretty much just my 2 cents, basketball is one of the big-money sports in this state. I hate to say it like that, but it's true. Fringe sports like wrestling, track, cross country, etc. don't make near as much money for the KHSAA as basketball and football do.

I know the Wrestling Advisory Committee was / is scheduled to meet this fall to finalize plans for state tournament (weigh-ins, wrestling, etc.). Does anyone know if the committee has met yet? Any word on those specifics? I would like to include those details on my schedule. BTW, I've already checked the KHSAA site, so no point suggesting that.