Sign in to follow this  
Wildblueeyes

Concessions @ State

If not, let me recommend Buddy's Pizza and Gibby's on Broadway.  About a block from the back side of the Civic Center.  Go past the old capitol and make a right.  Easy walking distance.  Buddy's has delivered to the back door in the past.  :-)

Does anyone know who will be doing the concessions this year?  We can only hope it will be better than last year!

Due to this fact, we are bringing our own food!

Last yr. the concessions and the prices were embarrassing. :oops:

GET YOUR WALLETS AND PURSES READY!

IT BOGGLES MY MIND HOW THIS WEEKEND HAS BECOME SO PRICEY.

TALK ABOUT TAKING AWAY FROM WHY WE ARE THERE.

THERE HAS GOT TO BE AN ALTERNATIVE THAN $75 (LAST YEARS COST) FOR A FAMILY OF THREE TO GO WATCH A SON AND BROTHER WRESTLE. 

PITIFUL!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL, AND HOPE ALL COME THROUGH WITHOUT INJURY!

GET YOUR WALLETS AND PURSES READY!

IT BOGGLES MY MIND HOW THIS WEEKEND HAS BECOME SO PRICEY.

TALK ABOUT TAKING AWAY FROM WHY WE ARE THERE.

THERE HAS GOT TO BE AN ALTERNATIVE THAN $75 (LAST YEARS COST) FOR A FAMILY OF THREE TO GO WATCH A SON AND BROTHER WRESTLE. 

PITIFUL!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL, AND HOPE ALL COME THROUGH WITHOUT INJURY!

Completely agree. I sent an email to the KHSAA regarding this issue and no big surprise never recieved a response.  Some families just can't afford to spend that kind of money in a weekend. plus for the majority of us the traveling expenses are cheap either. Hopefully, parents will really starting speaking up and start getting something done. Good luck to everyone wrestling.

I don't know if it's the right name but I am thinking there is a place called the Cheesery. they have sandwiches and my son says they are pretty good and affordable.

I don't know if it's the right name but I am thinking there is a place called the Cheesery. they have sandwiches and my son says they are pretty good and affordable.

Good little sandwich shop that is located in the middle of the plaza, bottom level, in between the hotel and the Civic Center.  Also, Rebbecca Ruth Chocolates has a cafe located on Broadway, next to Gibby's.  Never been there, but I can't imagine a chocolate themed restaurant being bad. :-D