Sign in to follow this  
dscicle

STATE DUALS!

J Claywell Im just sharing a good match, so I think its right where I wanted it. Thanks

OK. Wasn't sure. I thought they were closer in the rankings, and thought you were making a case for Simota to be ranked higher than Brown.

Ohio County was there. Blackwell avenged his loss (last year at state) to Rearic from Lafayette 8-1 I believe. I don't have access to a score book for results. Ray (Larue) was looking pretty beastly.

Union missed more than just Keaton yesterday!!

Yeah they did, but if they had him, it could've been a different story for the Larue match. Not much excuses, Larue wrestled tough. Would like to see Union field a full squad for at least one tournament this year. From my understanding, at least one of their studs have been out each weekend.

I spoke to Robert Ervin yesterday and he told me they where missing 3 of there starters at Duals.  I think things may have been a little diff if they had there full team.. maybe not?  never know.

I spoke to Robert Ervin yesterday and he told me they where missing 3 of there starters at Duals.  I think things may have been a little diff if they had there full team.. maybe not?  never know.

All the top contenders had holes in their line-ups. Some permanent like LaRue (215) and JC(103&125) some temporary-Trinity and UC that should be full strength in Frankfort.

Ryle seemed to be in the best position from that stand point.

Give it up to LaRue for putting themselves in a position to have success when the opportunity presented itself.

State is wide open this year. Who is putting themselves in a position for taking the title this year? Next few weeks is separation time from pretenders to contenders.

whats up with woodford? they are really down this year.. ive heard they have alot of young guys coming up next year. that should help, but who knows...and only 3 seniors...maybe a big turnaround in their future (let's hope).

What's up with woodford? Just from an outsider looking in it seems that since coach parks stepped away they have just not been the same. } take nothing from both of the carrs, they have all my respect and have nothing to prove to anyone, just think that possibly coach parks brought more to the program then we see just on the mat. Woodford is a great program though, they will most likey be back around soon, great programs always find a way of not staying down long. And second in a tough region is not exactly a total collapse. Good luck to them, great programs build the whole region.

fireplug I have said it since coach Parks left.  He was the glue or the mortar at Woodford.  Parks by himself could not do the job but without him they seem to fall apart.  Seems that he did a lot of behind the scene motivation.  Joe and Joe have the technical part down to almost perfection however Parks was able to put it all together.

As I said The Carr's are great technical coaches maybe the best in the state and I would love to have Jr. learn some things from them.  However without motivation teams don't seem to be able to put them together.

GOO - i would also factor in the impact all the hard work of youth and middle school programs that Woodford and a few of the traditional powerhouse programs fell behind on a few years back.  Woodford & Campbell are 2 that come to mind that let schools like Fern Creek (Trinity), Larue, Union, & Ryle build really far superior feeder programs.  I'd say the Carr's are fine, but they haven't had the same material to work with that some of these other programs have.  Campbell & Woodford have caught on, but they're still playing catch up. 

GOO - i would also factor in the impact all the hard work of youth and middle school programs that Woodford and a few of the traditional powerhouse programs fell behind on a few years back.  Woodford & Campbell are 2 that come to mind that let schools like Fern Creek (Trinity), Larue, Union, & Ryle build really far superior feeder programs.  I'd say the Carr's are fine, but they haven't had the same material to work with that some of these other programs have.  Campbell & Woodford have caught on, but they're still playing catch up.

pioneer pride, i thought you died. good to see you back in the forums. pm me when you get a chance. your observations of woodford are dead on, its all about the middle school programs. thankfully ky has advanced to a level that you can no longer win with wrestlers that have only 2 yrs experience.